KP92 don't get no love

n8ers

Word
The KP92 get no love here and much is said of them being too shallow. Well I can say that pre-break in these are very shallow but if broken in correctly they get very deep! I personally like a deep pocket as I don't have the softest hands. I just wanted to say for anyone considering one IMO this is one of the best utility gloves I have ever had for softball and it has become my gamer at every position except 1st. The A2K liner is by far the most comfortable I have ever had as well, it is like butter. It is the only glove I have owned that I wear without a batting glove underneath... I do remove it often to keep it from getting too sweaty. Here are a couple of pics from before I formed the pocket, I'll add a couple later that show the pocket after a little work.

*****AFTER BREAK IN*****

Last edited:

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
wish they'd put out a few more basic solid colored versions.. Fred's orange tan PI KP92 is one if the nicest looking gloves I've seen

Tomasik14

The Veteran
Got this in a trade, IF gamer... First A2K I've owned. Love it, still trying to find the OG web though or at least one to match.

kp92-1_zpsad021d96.jpg

kp92-3_zpsc3f2f0f4.jpg

kp92-2_zps74948c47.jpg

I have since fixed the web to one lace, and loosened the fingers.

Jen_16

Coach
I enjoyed both my KP92, until I had two balls pop out on some diving catches in the grass. That was bad mojo for me so I went back to the H'a and haven't missed a beat. They're great gloves.

Podo

"JewDoe"
Got this in a trade, IF gamer... First A2K I've owned. Love it, still trying to find the OG web though or at least one to match.

kp92-1_zpsad021d96.jpg

kp92-3_zpsc3f2f0f4.jpg

kp92-2_zps74948c47.jpg

I have since fixed the web to one lace, and loosened the fingers.

I think I have one laying around bud. I'll take a look tomorrow when I get home from work for yah if ur still looking...

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
wish they'd put out a few more basic solid colored versions.. Fred's orange tan PI KP92 is one if the nicest looking gloves I've seen

I love orange tan Wilson KP92 and dual welting. Almost any glove can benset up for softball. Growing in rural South east Pa. I remember the gloves (and home made wood bats) and the were just well broken in babaeball gloves with deep pockets and very short. Guys wore their Wranglers w the cuffs rolled up, white tee shirts w Lucky Strike rolled up in there sleeve and drank beer from bottles on the bench. There were no dugouts but a spkuntery old bench and a foul ball meant I could run over and pick up the fullest beer and chug it till it foamed out--- sigh..........p

Missing my Dad and brother right now, but oh what great memory's. My Dads "church team" , he at least got married there even if he didn't attend, lol, would sign up for tournys- They would show up not know what game, slow pitch it fast pitch, and the other teams w uniforms and new store bought equipment would laughvarpt them. Then they would have a few brews and go out and clock them. They rarely won it all but made a good show and did not whine and biyth about calls :)

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
I love my KP92.
Breaking in and game ready, finally.

I agree that the base of the mod trap could be widened (deepened) a bit.
but, nice is forming nicely.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
The KP92 would get a lot more love if they just offered production models in more normal/solid colors. I'm not personally willing to pay $200+ for a glove with plasticy looking leather.

A2000_KP92_main_1024x1024.jpg

If they made production models of those KP92's Fred just posted they'd sell a lot more of them.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Agreed.
I would love to see them in saddle tan too!
F

The KP92 would get a lot more love if they just offered production models in more normal/solid colors. I'm not personally willing to pay $200+ for a glove with plasticy looking leather.

A2000_KP92_main_1024x1024.jpg

If they made production models of those KP92's Fred just posted they'd sell a lot more of them.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Modded one of mine to be more Japanese-JH32-like. Made it even deeper. Pics from a few month back.

imagejpg7_zps625e471a.jpg

imagejpg8_zps967ae561.jpg

I should have some solid color KP's somewhere. Rug was fresh from the washer/dryer when I took this pic a while back.

imagejpg1_zpsf5d1c092.jpg

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
The KP92 I owned had a glovesmith h-web swapped on it and was much deeper than the original web. I really liked the glove, but it was A2000 leather and my 1799 was A2K leather. Had the KP also been A2K leather I likely would have kept it for infield over the 1799. Enjoy.