Kraken

Glitch

Starting Player
Anyone give this some swings yet? Been told it's BASED off the CL22 but isn't the same bat. Have a 26oz on its way to me and am wonder if I should just hold onto it and keep the wrapper on or actually use it.

Glitch

Starting Player
I was told that initially too, but since its release been informed by multiple people in the industry that it is indeed not the same exact bat. I sure as hell wasn't about to shell out $300 for a fancy painted CL22, but had the choice of a list of bats (won a raffle) and realized that held the most value. Curious if theres anyone here who has swung bother the CL22 and the Kraken and can give some feedback.

Glitch

Starting Player
what industry? people trying to sell you the bat?

Bat Dealers/Reps. And no, they aren't trying to sell me anything. They know Im a cheapskate that gets most of his bats from trades, cheap craiglist finds or random raffles I decide to enter. A new M2, freak12 and now a kraken and I'm still +$ for the year.

Joker

Bat Dealers/Reps. And no, they aren't trying to sell me anything. They know Im a cheapskate that gets most of his bats from trades, cheap craiglist finds or random raffles I decide to enter. A new M2, freak12 and now a kraken and I'm still +$ for the year.

bat dealers/reps are trying to sell you something

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
It is just a fancy painted CL22. The majority of exclusives are just repaints with minor changes. Most changes end up just being a half oz added to each weight they offer.

SilverSlugger7

Outstanding Bad Dealer
It is just a fancy painted CL22. The majority of exclusives are just repaints with minor changes. Most changes end up just being a half oz added to each weight they offer.

Are you talking strictly DeMarini exclusives or including other companies? The Future, Legacy, Insane, and Juggernaut CL22 are not repaints of any main line bat.

SilverSlugger7

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Kraken = leftover CL22's that didn't sell so slap some new paint and BAM.

No different than any other bat company out there. Different paint scheme = hotness. Maybe it'll be a gut check to up their Utrip game and try to get it on par with the ASA sticks.

jgerb88

MARK IT 0!!
If someone is telling you that there IS a difference why not just ask them WHAT exactly is different. My guess is if there is any difference besides paint/weighting it's going to be so minor you won't even notice. My thoughts are if they were really that different/better why would they be a limited production? You think if it was that much better Demar would want to sell as many as possible. But that's just my two cents.

Glitch

Starting Player
If someone is telling you that there IS a difference why not just ask them WHAT exactly is different. My guess is if there is any difference besides paint/weighting it's going to be so minor you won't even notice. My thoughts are if they were really that different/better why would they be a limited production? You think if it was that much better Demar would want to sell as many as possible. But that's just my two cents.

/shrug

Wouldn't a limited run be the time to test out a small change and see if it makes it better so they can adopted it into large scale runs in the next year?

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Are you talking strictly DeMarini exclusives or including other companies? The Future, Legacy, Insane, and Juggernaut CL22 are not repaints of any main line bat.

All companies. It would cost a company way too much to put the research and development into brand new bats each time they release an exclusive.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
/shrug

Wouldn't a limited run be the time to test out a small change and see if it makes it better so they can adopted it into large scale runs in the next year?

Well the bbam was new technology last year in limited run, now it's mainline, I could see them doing that with the leftovers a little tweak etc, could be next years cl22, only in the know peeps know, But I'm guessing this would be a cheaper way for rd and also a huge marketing plus to sell bats at msrp, fwiw I haven't swung it or this years cl22, just last years which I love

pontiacfb78

Star Player
They must have had a ton of extra The Ones sitting around to have enough for all those customs plus the new Chupacabra and the Yeti. Wish they still had a bunch of J3Us sitting around for a repaint...

jkwoody22

League ball huer
it wasn't new technology, just a shorter barrel of technology already in use

And wouldn't that prove the ops point? It's possible to make a test run, but they still had to make shorter barrels than just piecing together all their intergables pieces

Joker

no because you use prototypes to test before you put something out for the public to buy

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Yes but a handful of prototypes proves what, that yes it passes testing, factory hitters can hit it, results etc, producing a small amount to see how it sells and hype it with a paint job creates demand, I'm sure they have tons of prototypes the cost the rd dept money, or they just piece together some handles, barrels, end caps etc and create a new bat, I'm just saying it's not out of the realm of possibility demarini would do that, as far as the kraken I believe they had leftovers and repainted, but wouldn't they have to retest for certification if it has a different model number? Then they could tweek it a bit

Joker

because you don't put out a product for people to buy as "lets see how it goes". business 101

pontiacfb78

Star Player
C'mon. We all know Joker doesn't work for Demarini. I mean, would you hire the guy? I wouldn't. Then again, there might be a good reason I'm not in management......

jkwoody22

League ball huer
And there is no reason to argue with the guy fuels his fire, he makes some great points in some threads, but he can also be an ass, I don't care either way