L6.0 or The One

Space_cadet

Star Player
I was looking at a local store. They have an 2013 Easton L6.0 and the store "special edition" Demarini The One. Just would like some insight on how these bats compare to each other. thanks!

lawdizzle

The Veteran
I've got an L6. Very good performance for the price. Cant comment on the Demarini, but I'm betting if you look on these boards, you'll find that that the prices here are far better than the "local store" you were looking in. PM the member on here "Coach." He'll be able to meet and 99.9% of the time beat any competitors pricing. Cant go wrong with the L6 though.

Space_cadet

Star Player
thanks :D. yeah i've heard about asking coach. i ended up getting a gift card for my birthday and i've been wanting to get another bat. I stopped in and saw both bats were around the same price so i figured to ask the pros on this board how they matched up to each other. thanks for the input!

biggm28

Manager
thanks :D. yeah i've heard about asking coach. i ended up getting a gift card for my birthday and i've been wanting to get another bat. I stopped in and saw both bats were around the same price so i figured to ask the pros on this board how they matched up to each other. thanks for the input!

hahaha... That's good stuff right there.

tmanstan

The Veteran
I'm assuming the store exclusive you're referring to is the grey Sunday swagger? Definitely look for a used one on here, way cheaper. They're tanks too, so don't sweat about it being used. The grey ones will have new utrip stamp and 2004 Asa stamp, the white ones are mixed, some have new utrip stamp, some have old. All have the old 2004 Asa stamp. The Easton L6.0 is Asa only and has new stamp. Make sure you you are buying the right bat for your league and meets their stamp requirements.

As for performance, both are excellent bats. I own both and like them equally. The Easton is going to be the better of the two out of the wrapper with a much shorter break in. Was hot right away, but really took off after 150 hits or so. Softer barrel then the demarini and has slight end load

The Sunday swagger is an absolute log out of the wrapper and sounds almost like an aluminum bat. After about 300 hits the sound started changing to a louder crack and there was a noticeable difference in distance and exit speed. Now I've got around 800 swings and it is an absolute fire stick. It's almost up there with cl22. The end load is more noticeable to me in my 26oz Sunday swagger than my 27oz L6.

After break in, I'd probably say the Sunday Swagger out performs the L6, in my opinion. By the way, these reviews are with a mix of ASA gold dots and various utrip balls. If you only play ASA and your league uses the 52's or Hot Dots, I personally would get the Easton. It performs better with the 52's. If you play utrip/tournaments or think you might and don't want multiple bats, I'd go with the swagger.

Anyways, I hope it actually was a Sunday Swagger you were looking at... If not, you're welcome for the Easton L6 review and the Sunday Swagger recommendation. Haha

tmanstan

The Veteran
Could be gray black and red fu dawg as well if it is that get it. Fu dawgs bomb after 3-500 cuts.

I was thinking fu dawg too maybe, but then I figured the fu and L6 wouldn't be very close in price. If it is a fu though, definitely take that over the L6.

Space_cadet

Star Player
Yeah it's the grey one from D's sporting goods. Oh man, if they had the fu dawg I would pick that up in a heart beat. But since I'm in wisconsin they just started to put out their baseball/softball stuff. They have had the L6 for sale since December and The One (grey) just went on sale. This is a smaller store compared to others and their selection isn't that big.