lace repair vinci

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
my friend has had this vinci for a year or two but i never seen him use it for games so i ask him why he doesnt use it. he says the string came unraveled so he just bought a cheapo mizuno and uses it. its a shame because its basically brand new and not even broke in. i told him to send me a couple pics so we could possibly fix it or we could send it to someone who knows what they're doing. we are both pretty noobish when it comes to gloves and have no clue where the end of that string is supposed to go or what its supposed to attach to. help me help a bro out. thanks!

Lou

TurboLumpy

Hum it in there
Don't know why he didn't do anything asap, he could have contacted Vinci if it was still newish and I bet they would have taken care of him. I'd just send it to Dirty30 and have him relace it in whatever color he wants... Prices are fair and he does great work.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i think i may do that. i agree. i asked him last year too. thanks TL. it looks likes a simple fix, just neither of us know the where to start.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i heard from a bird that dirty30 is a vinci hater. will he refuse to work on them? i suppose i should ask him this info...

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
haha, thanks gentleman. i'll pm both dirty and trung. i hear these guys are the best.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Unless he wants a different color lace, try to find someone local who can do it for $5. This is pretty minor surgery.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
yeh, he likes the lace as that is what he picked and are also his team colors. that is a good suggestion. i may look in craigslist. we live in a small ass town and i dont know any local places that string gloves....there's gotta be someone tho

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
yeh, he likes the lace as that is what he picked and are also his team colors. that is a good suggestion. i may look in craigslist. we live in a small ass town and i dont know any local places that string gloves....there's gotta be someone tho

If you have a local mom and pop shop that sells baseball equipment they usually have someone who can do it.

mikgars

Manager
This is something you can fix yourself in 30 sec if you have a way to feed that free lace back through its hole. Just loop the loose lace around the lace that goes over the top of the web and push/pull it back through the same hole its through now, pull tight and and tie it off. This is all that needs to be done to restore it to its original condition. Let me know if you need any clarification and I can try to explain it a different way.
Zoom in on this pic to see how it is supposed to look.
http://www.vincipro.com/cart/blue-baseball-glove-pjv0416-l-12.75inch-six-finger-trapeze.html