Lack of 4 field complexes in 414

rybred23

Starting Player
I know there are a good multi-field parks/complexes in Milwaukee (I.e. konkle park, Wilson, West milw., Wick) but why are there no 4 field complexes? Is it a lack of space or open land? When I travel outside of the state, I see big complexes everywhere (Phoenix, Atlanta, Vegas). I think Milwaukee needs some of these to get more local and national tournaments to the city. Your thoughts.....

Kleinjohnson

Swinger... NOT collector
They're struggling as it is to fill leagues with what we have. Even Saratoga leagues keep shrinking every year with their 4 field complex. Who are you?

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
Lol, yeah! Who the hell are you? Klein is right, softball at all levels, from the most churchiest rec teams all the way up the ladder have been dying out in our area consistently for two decades now. I am almost certain the game will make a huge come back though. I figure it will be the year after I can no longer play haha.

recleaguer83

Addicted to Softballfans
Lack of interest, funds to create such facility and up keep by private or local government. Can only play outside in reality March til November if weather cooperates. Though it is not the 414, Woodside has a great complex in Mauston and it close to completing another in Wisconsin Dells, all turf.

recleaguer83

Addicted to Softballfans
So how much will it cost a community or person to buy the property in a metropolitan are, build and develop the facility, then maintain? To much, for little return!

rybred23

Starting Player
Just a player who plays 3 nights a week and is sick of playing on crap fields. I play milw. city and county and fall ball and Konkle. Why does that matter who I am?

Kleinjohnson

Swinger... NOT collector
So we can invite you to come take bp with us. Most of us from milwaukee and Waukesha that read these forums all know each other and often get together to hit. Recleaguer, I don't think I know who you are either? What team for city do you play on?

rybred23

Starting Player
Alright, that sounds cool. Sorry, but I took the ''who are you'' the wrong way. That's my mistake. Let me know come spring time when you guys might hit in Milwaukee, I'd like to get to know a group of new hitters in the area.

Kleinjohnson

Swinger... NOT collector
And so Bob and Scott can fight over whose team you play on next year lol :D. And also, we hit indoors all winter, so you don't have to wait til spring if you don't want to.

LuckyMatthews

There is an awesome new Hitters facility in Franklin near 7 mile rd. $30/hour for good size cages. I am hitting there tonight (thurs) since I work 3rd shift I can't go hit in Kenosha with Pauly and the boys. There is also Stiks in Oconomowoc, Strikers, and a few kenosha spots but that is getting kinda far from MKE.

Pretty

Softball is cool
If u need a guy for hitters, let me know. That's for Jesse or Chris or whoever. 20 minute drive for me.

Pretty

Softball is cool
This upcoming week will be tough cause it is the year end sales push at work. Lots of late nights but starting next week. Should we pick a standing night?

LuckyMatthews

I've been consistently going on Tuesdays for a couple of weeks. I am 95% sure Raasch and I are going tonight as well from 7-9.

WiscBdevils06

Addicted to Softballfans
I will give my .02 seeing I run a 3 diamond park. I think part of the reason these places are dying is that the facilities themselves were nice and haven't been kept up. Now we don't have the teams to support such an expense such as lights and new diamond mix. I know forsure how expensive it is just to get these fields ready and keep them up, that the reason why we don't see nice adult facilities is that all the money is in KIDS. There are many nice youth parks going up now. Its hard to get adult teams because they just don't play like they used to. Milwaukee is years away from a major event especially because we have no association softball here to bring one to. I don't really have an answer of how to fix either but I'd love to see it fixed. my whole point is posting about the costs are astronomical and if you don't have teams you lose 10k+ depending on your facility. Thats alot of money to lose. There just isn't enough young guys playing anymore.

rybred23

Starting Player
What 3 diamond complex do you run? We might know some of the same people, from your team or dreams you play against. I believe your team used to play in Wilson major, am I right? I wish county didnt get rid of major. I think that drove teams/players away.

LuckyMatthews

I'll brag for Mr. Brandon Graser lol....His teams always compete. I mostly know him for his KA team and Whitehouse Grading, but he has played with Venom and several other very good travel teams. I also stopped by his dad's shrine in the ASA Hall of Fame while we were in OKC this summer. Brandon runs the VFW in New Berlin and he created and ran the WSC (Wisconsin Softball Circuit).

That's your one and only free bj from me Graser. ;)

Last edited:

WiscBdevils06

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll brag for Mr. Brandon Graser lol....His teams always compete. I mostly know him for his KA team and Whitehouse Grading, but he has played with Venom and several other very good travel teams. I also stopped by his dad's shrine in the ASA Hall of Fame while we were in OKC this summer. Brandon runs the VFW in New Berlin and he created and ran the WSC (Wisconsin Softball Circuit).

That's your one and only free bj from me Graser. ;)

HAHA thanks dude. I am very proud of my dad's accomplishments. I wasn't trying to brag myself, the NB VFW isn't a paradise to play softball at yet, but we redid some of the fields, put in some new fencing put in working lights, are upgrading to stadium lights over the next 3 years, have done a ton in the way of trying to make the park be better. What has the outcome been? Positive results sure, lots of time and $ yes, return on investment? No not yet. Is it going to make more teams come and play in WSC Leagues, I hope so. Hopefully it will make a difference.

Killing Wilson Major didn't kill softball, it was dying before then. Seperating the "major" teams from the "non Major" teams was what started it. Teams never were forced to challenge themselves, and then 4/5 years later it was all gone. Now the County program that is left is subpar to say the least. I Played County Major yes for Bigalke's and my own KA team.