Law Enforcement Tourney May 18/19 SoCal

The Swami

Soothsayer
Don't Miss The Greatest Show on Dirt! A Policesoftball.Com Production.
34po0sj.jpg

Date:
May 18 & 19, 2013 (Sat and Sun)

Venue:
Big League Dreams CHINO HILLS, Ca.

Payment:
$450
Policesoftball.com Inc.
4 Velarde Ct.
Rancho Santa Margarita, Ca. 92688

World Series Qualification:
All teams who attend this event receive an automatic invite to World Series IX in October @Las Vegas Big League Dreams

Format:
Modified USSSA rules (same as every year). 4 game guarantee. Double elimination playoffs. Upper (Majors) and Lower (Gold) playoff divisions. LIMITED TO 30 teams. Payment only secures your entry. Spots are first come first served.

Host Hotel:
Red Roof Inn. Call the hotel at 909-988-8466 and mention Big League Dreams to get the $54.99 rate or they can book online using the following link:
http://www.redroof.com/partners/big_league_dreams/
Red Roof Inn Ontario Airport
1818 East Holt Blvd • Ontario • California 91761

Verbal Attendees
1. Utah Unified paid
2. 51-Fifty/NorCal Shockers
3. HardCor/3n2
4. SoCal Alliance paid
5. Sin City Combo
6. NorCal Double Tap
7. Bravo-Tango (Los Angeles, Ca.)
8. SoCal Riot
9. Dump Trucks (Inland Empire)
10. AMW/Alameda's Most Wanted
11. THE SoCal WarPigs
12. Nitro2Go Hitmen
13. Battle Born
14. Cen-Cal Syndicate
15. LAPD Lawmen
16. SoCal Dawgz
17. SoCal Lockdown
18. DEA Combo paid
19. El Dorado Cartel
20. Border Patrol Arsenal
21. Stanislaus Combo paid
22. Hoodlums

Rookie31

Addicted to Softballfans
My brother is looking to jump on a team for this or any other law enforcement tourney. Let me know if anyone needs a guy. He has a pretty solid bat.

The Swami

Soothsayer
Just added a 23rd team, Asphalt Cowboys out of Long Beach. We are capping it at 30. Same basic format as the World Series, 2 game round robin for playoff seeding and then double elim playoffs. 2 playoff divisions Majors(Upper) & Gold(Lower).
Here is a video from the 2012 event:

Last edited by a moderator:

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
Ian they are a lot of fun and the competition is great! No **** talking either so great times :D

Bull****! We played a certain 40+ team at cat city in january and have never seen more older dudes talking ish, especially to us being a full thrown together scrub team.

The Swami

Soothsayer
Bull****! We played a certain 40+ team at cat city in january and have never seen more older dudes talking ish, especially to us being a full thrown together scrub team.

That was my 40Cal team. That was not the SoCal Alliance open team, but still the 40Cal masters team is a very good squad. The only difference is overall speed and defense. THAT SAID, there are 2 sides to every story. Yes, I absolutely HATE smack talk. It was going both ways (when have you ever see a one way smack talk?) I was the guy who stated, EVERYONE SHUT UP IF I WANTED TO BICKER I WOULD HAVE STAYED HOME WITH THE WIFE :D

Here is the difference. Your team ran a 4 man infield. In the police circuit it is completely understood that if you run a 4 man the middle is WIDE open. You simply cannot complain about middle shots if you don't have a 5 man somewhere plugging the middle. It is unfair for you to expect the middle to be closed AND have 4 outfielders. That is where the probs started cuz your pitcher was more dramatic than Jim Carey with his mannerisms every time a ball got close to him. I think he got hit once and the batter (on my team) didn't even run to 1B cuz he was going overboard to apologize. I had to get on his case...FRIGGEN RUN TO 1B THEN say sorry.

So what followed was comments back and forth...which I hate. And as Ed stated that is raaaare. Matter of fact that particular game was the most "hostile" I have been in (in cop ball) in at least 8 years. And even so, it was still vanilla compared to most the civi tourneys I play in on the off-weekends.

Anyway I strike it up to a culture clash. You guys run a 4 man (rare for the upper level teams) and our team was not accustomed to receiving negative comments regarding middle shots as they are par for the course unless you run a 5 man. So believe me, there was plenty of smack on BOTH sides. And like I said, I don't like it, and since I play for fun I HATE when games get that way.

GNOLAUM

That was my 40Cal team. That was not the SoCal Alliance open team, but still the 40Cal masters team is a very good squad. The only difference is overall speed and defense. THAT SAID, there are 2 sides to every story. Yes, I absolutely HATE smack talk. It was going both ways (when have you ever see a one way smack talk?) I was the guy who stated, EVERYONE SHUT UP IF I WANTED TO BICKER I WOULD HAVE STAYED HOME WITH THE WIFE :D

Here is the difference. Your team ran a 4 man infield. In the police circuit it is completely understood that if you run a 4 man the middle is WIDE open. You simply cannot complain about middle shots if you don't have a 5 man somewhere plugging the middle. It is unfair for you to expect the middle to be closed AND have 4 outfielders. That is where the probs started cuz your pitcher was more dramatic than Jim Carey with his mannerisms every time a ball got close to him. I think he got hit once and the batter (on my team) didn't even run to 1B cuz he was going overboard to apologize. I had to get on his case...FRIGGEN RUN TO 1B THEN say sorry.

So what followed was comments back and forth...which I hate. And as Ed stated that is raaaare. Matter of fact that particular game was the most "hostile" I have been in (in cop ball) in at least 8 years. And even so, it was still vanilla compared to most the civi tourneys I play in on the off-weekends.

Anyway I strike it up to a culture clash. You guys run a 4 man (rare for the upper level teams) and our team was not accustomed to receiving negative comments regarding middle shots as they are par for the course unless you run a 5 man. So believe me, there was plenty of smack on BOTH sides. And like I said, I don't like it, and since I play for fun I HATE when games get that way.

Most definitely agreed. As you could seel we were not an upper level team by any means. Middle being open or closed wasn't the issue, as far as I could tell. I don't know cuz I wasn't pitching. I was just merely stating the fact that whining and arguing happens anywhere.:)

Alpha Q 45

Addicted to Softballfans
I have over 15 years exp with umpiring softball tournaments and the last 6 years I have been doing alot of Law Enforcement tourneys.You can't even compare between LE and Civi ball. For all of you weekend balers that want to see how the game should be played go to one of these PS tournaments and see the RESPECT in the game.
Thanks

Code3

Warpigs are looking for an Of this Sunday. Utrip play. Check my post and let me know. Thanks

The Swami

Soothsayer
I have over 15 years exp with umpiring softball tournaments and the last 6 years I have been doing alot of Law Enforcement tourneys.You can't even compare between LE and Civi ball. For all of you weekend balers that want to see how the game should be played go to one of these PS tournaments and see the RESPECT in the game.
Thanks

Thanks for the props. Just so guys don't get think of it like a love-fest, it is far from that. Guys go HARD. Sometimes guys chip. But in the end they share beers cuz they know they are working the same streets the next day AND will play again within the next few weeks/months. And it does not matter if you are a USSSA Conference player or a weekend warrior...they all have mutual respect. Since we don't have divisions we truly have A/B chips and rec players at the same park. Here is the difference...the rec player may outrank the the conference player at work so playing ability is not the only respect defining criteria. BUT, police softball is one of the few arenas in law enforcement where everyone is equal on the field. A Captain and a rookie are nothing more than teammates for those 7 innings...

GNOLAUM

Thanks for the props. Just so guys don't get think of it like a love-fest, it is far from that. Guys go HARD. Sometimes guys chip. But in the end they share beers cuz they know they are working the same streets the next day AND will play again within the next few weeks/months. And it does not matter if you are a USSSA Conference player or a weekend warrior...they all have mutual respect. Since we don't have divisions we truly have A/B chips and rec players at the same park. Here is the difference...the rec player may outrank the the conference player at work so playing ability is not the only respect defining criteria. BUT, police softball is one of the few arenas in law enforcement where everyone is equal on the field. A Captain and a rookie are nothing more than teammates for those 7 innings...

well put Sir. See you all tomorrow

GNOLAUM

Well.....we run ruled springs chp 27-3. Then played a new lower level team and run ruled them 29-0. They complained to the director so they bumped us up to d1. Waited almost 5 hours and lost to milspec by 1. The ump was garbage. We were hammer and couldnt deliver. Just lame all together how they did us.

arod3776

ElitePlatinumMember
Well.....we run ruled springs chp 27-3. Then played a new lower level team and run ruled them 29-0. They complained to the director so they bumped us up to d1. Waited almost 5 hours and lost to milspec by 1. The ump was garbage. We were hammer and couldnt deliver. Just lame all together how they did us.

Stop sandbagging. Js. Lol