League City: Small tourney & HR Derby (swiped from Craigslist)

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
I saw this on Craigslist... I'm not involved with this in any way, just figured some of the locals might be interested.

=========================================

http://houston.craigslist.org/spo/1849065549.html
http://houston.craigslist.org/spo/1849062763.html

Calling all BOMB DROPPERS!!
Skrap Baseball presents:
Home run Derby I
Come on out to Countryside park, Friday August 27th to show off your skills and Power! $30 entry with $20 Re-buys. Winner will receive $250 cash*! 1st round starts at 5 pm!

Rules:
1. 10 swings in first round
2. Bring your own pitcher
3. Any bat is allowed
4. This is a youth baseball team fundraiser. Prizes will be awarded 1 per 10 entries. First place of $250 is based on a minimum of 15 entries
5. Balls provided
6. Pitcher must pitch from behind L-screen
7. Pitches must be at least 6 feet high
8. Top 1 in 6 entries advance to 2nd round
9. 2nd round 8 swings top 25% (rounded up) advance to finals
10. 6 swings in finals
11. 5 pitch tie breakers until winner is declared or final 2
12. Last two heads up 1 for 1

Skrap Baseball
presents:
End of Summer Blowout
Open Slow Pitch Softball Tournament
August 28, 2010
Countryside Park, League City, Texas

Come help the Skrap 10U baseball team kick off the fall season! The winner of this Adult Slow Pitch Softball tournament will receive an ALL YOU CAN EAT wing party for the ENTIRE TEAM* from Hooters, NASA RD 1, a $50 Bar Tab at Hooters NASA RD 1 , a huge (over 5 ft tall) Team Trophy and a champs only T-shirt! This will be a one day tournament, 3 game guarantee! Balls and umpires included. We will also be hosting a HOME RUN DERBY FRIDAY NIGHT (Aug 27), winner gets $250 CASH!! Tournament fee must be prepaid! Paypal or mail in a check to hold your spot! Limited spots available! Any questions please feel free to contact me at [email protected]
Cost is just $225 per team

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
anyone down to play in this? i am

I'm tempted.... I'd love to see people have more small tourneys in this area besides BLD. Pearland and Kipper aren't too bad, but going to HSP & PJ's to play all the time gets pretty old. BUT, Countryside has 1 regular-sized field and the tourney is a 1-day 3GG. If it's anything more than 4 teams, there's going to be a lot of sitting around. :D.

225 with umps and balls included is a very nice price, especially on that field. Hunting for balls in the bushes there sucks :D.

Bump anyway...

Last edited:

txbullets

The OG JayZ
The sand pit of a batters box is a big turn off. I use to hit BP there but got tired of that box so started hitting at LCSP and BLD

TEX1959

Addicted to Softballfans
hey guys
i'm new here on SBF from the Lufkin/Nacogdoches area
i would be up to driving down to play on a SBF team
just let me know