League fee's

LetTheBigDogEat

The Veteran
I see in different threads people talking about x-amt per game or season, and then ump fees, i think i've even seen people talking about paying on game night. so i was jw how everyone's league is run when it comes to the money.

our spring league is $500/team and it covers good well lit fields, 2 umpires per game, t-shirts and trophy for top 3 teams during the season, additional t-shirt and trophy for top 3 tournament teams. 22 game season, plus double elimination tournament (for each division) then another tournament for the top 4-D1 teams, and top 2 from D2, D3, and church league.

the co-ed league is $250 for 9 games, fields, umps, etc - i don't play so idk how their tournament works.

fall league is a little bit less IIRC, i think its 18 game season, and only 2 divisions (random not by skill) then 2 double elimination tournaments at end of season. (1 is for the top half of the teams in each division, the other is for the bottom half)

ALSO - we have to provide our own balls (must have a new one to start each game) and jerseys have to be the same for each team member, no mix match

so, let me hear what it costs others to play.

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
our spring league is $500/team and it covers good well lit fields, 2 umpires per game, t-shirts and trophy for top 3 teams during the season, additional t-shirt and trophy for top 3 tournament teams. 22 game season, plus double elimination tournament (for each division) then another tournament for the top 4-D1 teams, and top 2 from D2, D3, and church league.

That's pretty cool.

I have no idea how much ours is, the sponsor covers that. You get a lot of games and the double playoff format is pretty cool too!

LetTheBigDogEat

The Veteran
That's pretty cool.

I have no idea how much ours is, the sponsor covers that. You get a lot of games and the double playoff format is pretty cool too!

we try to get sponsors but have dropped the ball this spring and last fall. but we get our jersey's for free (teammates dad makes all the HS uniforms around here) and $50/ea from 12 guys covers that many games plus balls pretty. so it's not too bad. we've played 27 games already and still have the final tourney at the end so thats another 2 minimum. so it comes out to less that $2/game from each guy

jackjohn

Addicted to Softballfans
14 game season. Top 6 in each division play a single elimination at the end. 1 ump per game.
Sponsor fee- $185
Player fee- $27.50 in town $35 out of town
Most players agree that fees could be increased to cover 2 umps, but the rec Dept doesn't agree. Most umps get $15/ game, which I wouldn't bother to deal with the crap for.

injury

Star Player
$280 a team all divisions. 2 Umps per game, lit fields, 10 games, tshirts for the champs.

Years ago in a different location was about the same for the fees but you also had to seperately pay the umps each game.

Edit: We bring our own balls

Last edited:

RyanHi5

Addicted to Softballfans
BLD in League City is 660 a team plus 3 dollars. I think its 8 games plus one classification then a single elemination playoff. First places gets a trophy and a t shirt and second in your division gets a trophy only. So your looking at like 10 weeks, so basically like 85 bucks a person lol.

osufan2k

Addicted to Softballfans
Damn you guys are lucky... Our league must be one of the most expensive to play in. $600 for an 11 game season. If you make it to playoffs, you can potentially get 4 more games if you make it to the championship. We provide the balls... first place gets a crappy plastic trophy.

xethicx

Addicted to Softballfans
our league is 1200 for what ends up being around 40+ games if you include league tournaments and playoffs. Teams have scheduled umpiring days where they send two people to each field to umpire two games per diamond, each team does it 4 times a year. Fields are included etc etc.

mikewohlwend

The league I play in and run is $550 per team. This year its 9 double headers with a double elim playoff that all teams make. 1 umpire per game is supplied. Also give each team 1 dozen balls, 1 new 1 used per game. The money left over we put back into the field.

bigdog2003

Addicted to Softballfans
League is $25 a person, plus $20 per game per team to cover umps. Jersey's are provided, they just get t-shirts with team name on the front and numbers 1-18 on the back. No special numbers or designs. League provides the balls, either mush balls or fastpitch balls depending on the box they grab that day. We play 13 games + a double elimination playoff. Most teams carry 18 or more players, I carry 11. Winning team gets t-shirts that just say league champions and the year. We use 2 umps, usually good for the first game of the night, by the last game it becomes unlimited arc because the are ready to go.

alberts35

Addicted to Softballfans
$520 sponsor fee, $160 forfeit deposit that you get back at the end of the year as long as you don't forfeit 2 games during the year. Also gotta buy the balls for about $50, anyone on the roster who doesn't live in city limits costs a $35 fee per guy, and you pay $40 each game night that is split between the umps and scorekeeper.

LetTheBigDogEat

The Veteran
our league is 1200 for what ends up being around 40+ games if you include league tournaments and playoffs. Teams have scheduled umpiring days where they send two people to each field to umpire two games per diamond, each team does it 4 times a year. Fields are included etc etc.

idk if i'd like a league where you had players umpiring. too much at stake and too much bad blood.

Waggs14

Star Player
475 for league fees for the team 22 games, 1 ump, crappy balls, single elem turny at the end for a champ Tshirts... we also have to pay 10 per game for ump from each team. we have 12 on the team to cover league fees ump fees and uniform shirts (we get drifit) was just under 70 per person

injury

Star Player
idk if i'd like a league where you had players umpiring. too much at stake and too much bad blood.

I played in a league like that once and it was horrible. Only about 3 of our teams did the umping the rest no showed. Vowed never again unless it was a league with mats. The pissing and moaning was epic.

bigyankesfan

<font color="#0000CD">Top Fence Post Power-TFPP</f
15 game season
Double elimination playoffs
9 inning games/ 7 innings in playoffs
20 run rule after 5
League Fees- $250
Balls included
$15 per team ump fees each game

cr4shpeg

Addicted to Softballfans
My league has no fee, but each team is supposed to provide one new ball per game, and the home team must find an umpire and pay him $20. At the end of the season, all teams are supposed to enter the year end tourney which the first place team from the season gets to host.

There are no lights on the fields we use, the grass might get cut once every two weeks, and the infield gets grated once a season it seems like.

I'd gladly pay league entrance fees if it would mean every game would have an umpire and the infield wasnt tailor made for players to lose teeth.

Beast28

Addicted to Softballfans
Man your league is cheap. You are very lucky. We pay the same(500) for 10-12 games + double elim tourney and SOMETIMES only 1 ump.

LetTheBigDogEat

The Veteran
My league has no fee, but each team is supposed to provide one new ball per game, and the home team must find an umpire and pay him $20. At the end of the season, all teams are supposed to enter the year end tourney which the first place team from the season gets to host.

There are no lights on the fields we use, the grass might get cut once every two weeks, and the infield gets grated once a season it seems like.

I'd gladly pay league entrance fees if it would mean every game would have an umpire and the infield wasnt tailor made for players to lose teeth.

damn, how many teams play? i see a perfect business opportunity for you to set up and run a league if there's enough interest

cr4shpeg

Addicted to Softballfans
damn, how many teams play? i see a perfect business opportunity for you to set up and run a league if there's enough interest

Oh believe me, if there was enough interest, I'd gladly try to run a league, but it's not a big area where I'm at. Our mens league (basically ASA) has 6 teams, the womens league has 10 teams (and is growing), and the other mens league (wooden bat) has 8 teams. We have tried in the past to form 1 big league with divisions with their own rules, but people are too stubborn/stupid to deal with it.

It was looking like the composite league was just going to join the wooden league, but the guys in the wooden league would not allow the 3 top teams in unless they agreed to be split up and picked up by other teams. Added to the fact that they have some ridiculous rules, and our ASA league is still puttering along.

potsie

I don't want a eyepatch
We have a 30 game season then two rounds of playoffs , first series is best of 5 then chip series is best of 7. Umps and balls are provided and cost is $750

bigdog2003

Addicted to Softballfans

We pay a fee, and our fields are still like that. I have found all kinds of stuff on the field. Clothes pins, broken bottles buried in the infield pointing up, needles. Add that to the rocks they have to help with drainage, we are in good shape.

Kramit

$1050 for a 20 game season plus single elimination tournament. Good fields.with one umpire. You guys play for cheap

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
$1050 for a 20 game season plus single elimination tournament. Good fields.with one umpire. You guys play for cheap

If umps are included thats not bad.

We are $575 plus $20/game for ump.

20 games, top 4 in standings play in 2 best out of 5 series for championship, so you could play 30 games max. And an all-star game.

blickety

Addicted to Softballfans
$350
7 games plus double elimination tournament
T-shirts to regular season winner; sponsor award for 1st and 2nd in tournament
ASA
2 umpires
balls are provided (52/300 Dudley)
Park is awesome, fields are decent

CPhoenixM

Extra Hitter
$110 for my coed league for 21 guaranteed games with a potential for 25 (if you win the mid-season tournament and the playoffs.)

$200 for my men's league with 28 games + playoffs (I think, first year playing men's.)