League jerseys/shirts

stickin2j

Good clean family fun
How many of your leagues require matching shirts throughout the team?

Ours don't have to match exactly, but do have to be the same color.

SandyWH

#Delicious
They say they do, but that never lasts longer than a game or two.

Play in another league where there is no uniform code.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
It's in our league rules that shirts must be matching with non-repeating numbers on back. But it's not enforced. It's really only if you happen to win the league and want to compete in the county tournament.

The league here gives your 3 weeks to get matching shirts. Any game after that you hit the first 3 innings with 1 out.

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
The league here gives your 3 weeks to get matching shirts. Any game after that you hit the first 3 innings with 1 out.

Wow, never seen or heard of that rule; interesting.

The leagues I play in they encourage same color jerseys, but as many of you have already said, it's not enforced.

-G

stickin2j

Good clean family fun
Ours gives two weeks and I haven't found out the penalty yet. I always keep an extra plain shirt or two. We're supposed to have the same non-repeating, 6"+ numbers as well, but I know that one isn't enforced.

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
Ours don't have to match exactly, but do have to be the same color.

Ours gives two weeks and I haven't found out the penalty yet. I always keep an extra plain shirt or two. We're supposed to have the same non-repeating, 6"+ numbers as well, but I know that one isn't enforced.

Our league is the same. Penalty after 2 weeks is a forfeit. No joke. Had it happen to me and seen others get it also. Learned real quick to carry extra shirts with me.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
It's been on the books for every league I've ever been in but nobody has ever enforced it, except one league where the only penalty was you forfeit home field advantage.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Do any of these leagues have a reason for jersey rules? As I said, ours is just because the winner of the league gets a berth in the county tourney where matching jerseys are required. Only thing I can think of is that it's to try to keep teams from picking up players, but isn't that why there is an official roster?

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
Do any of these leagues have a reason for jersey rules? As I said, ours is just because the winner of the league gets a berth in the county tourney where matching jerseys are required. Only thing I can think of is that it's to try to keep teams from picking up players, but isn't that why there is an official roster?

My best guess is because the ASA rulebook says so. For what ever reason our league directors (past and present) just wont change the rule. It has been brought up several times to drop the matching shirt rule but they wont budge on it. Maybe in a few years they will. If they would relax the rule we would probably get more teams playing since it would make it a little cheaper to play.

stickin2j

Good clean family fun
Even then, as CSK stated, you just carry a few extra shirts. I think it does make it easier to see who to throw to in certain circumstances, but that's not for the leagues benefit.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Only thing I can think of is that it's to try to keep teams from picking up players, but isn't that why there is an official roster?

Yeah but no league I've been in except one (same one that enforced jerseys) cared about official rosters except in playoffs.

blakcherry329

This new league I'm playing in has a shirt rule after 4 weeks. Anyone without a shirt has a 2 strike count when they get in the box. Cost us a game last weekend. They just told me the rule last weekend. I told the mgr. to order more shirts. WTF???

BigSam

Addicted to Softballfans
Really, how hard is it to all wear the same shirt? Softball is already sketchy as hell and "teams" that show up in 20 different beer tshirts are completely clownshoes. Look like a team, play like a team.