League Won't Enforce Bat Rules??

Softball.com:

NO_MAAM

Addicted to Softballfans
80% of the mens teams in my utrip league swing shaved bats.
Hit twice this season by idiots with no bat control swinging shaved bats.
I asked a league official and he said there's no way to test the bats.
Played in ASA City Rec leagues if blue suspects a bat of being shaved it's gone.

When the league does nothing about the bats being used what can someone do??

Note: Never been hit by a ball from a broke in stock bat!

JWE

Addicted to Softballfans
That's stupid . They ban a bat just because people complain bout it , whether they actually know it's shaved or not. I would complain bout every bat they had till they were down to the aluminum warm up bat they had. See how that rule makes no sense.

Phobia

Addicted to Softballfans
The only thing you can do is vote with your legs. Join a different league and tell them exactly why your team is leaving. Enough teams leave for the same reason they'll start doing something.

Played in ASA City Rec leagues if blue suspects a bat of being shaved it's gone.

I don't even know where to begin with this.

jstrong

They love to hate me
Don't pitch or just use your glove. If I am pitching to someone I think is swinging dirty I won't lay a cookie up there to drive through my chest. They will chase bad pitches.

spos21ram

The Legend
This thread is ridiculous. How do you know 80% of the bats in the league are shaved? That is almost impossible and I don't believe it for a second. I run a league and the majority of players/teams that cry about shaved bats are just sore losers and want an excuse to why they lost. And as an LD myself there really isn't anything we can do unless we have proof or if a pitcher gets hurt then we will take the bat and send it for testing. Only thing the league can do if it really as bad as u say is to supply the bats. Other than that there is nothing an LD can do. It's plain stupidity to think the umps or LD should take a bat every time an opposing team complains.

dr0p

w0cka fl0cka
This thread is ridiculous. How do you know 80% of the bats in the league are shaved? That is almost impossible and I don't believe it for a second. I run a league and the majority of players/teams that cry about shaved bats are just sore losers and want an excuse to why they lost. And as an LD myself there really isn't anything we can do unless we have proof or if a pitcher gets hurt then we will take the bat and send it for testing. Only thing the league can do if it really as bad as u say is to supply the bats. Other than that there is nothing an LD can do. It's plain stupidity to think the umps or LD should take a bat every time an opposing team complains.

This. Sounds like OP is butthurt.

Country35

Banned User
bh2.jpg

SMAC

mmmmmm...beeeer
100 degree air temp, 120 on the infield. Classic M 300 max compression isn't going anywhere. Refuse to pitch those those cold sweaty balls.

Under those conditions, a Z1000 is sweet.

NO_MAAM

Addicted to Softballfans

Didn't say 80% of bats in league 80% of teams have at least one.
Seen teams complain about rosters to get a win. But nothing is done about the bats.
I'll say some of the guys that swing glass can hit to all fields and avoid the auto out up the middle.
Not Butt Hurt!!!
Seen to many guys get hit.
If it's an outlaw league then call it that.

MichelleG

Addicted to Softballfans
Seen teams complain about rosters to get a win. But nothing is done about the bats.
I'll say some of the guys that swing glass can hit to all fields and avoid the auto out up the middle.
Not Butt Hurt!!!

OK....how do you know that 80% of the teams in your league are swinging glass? If your reasoning is because "too many guys get hit", I'm sorry but that's just an opinion. I've seen plenty of people get hit with balls coming off stock bats...especially pitchers. With only 55 feet of room to react it's bound to happen.

The only was you can PROVE there are shaved bats in your league is to cut them in half and look. Compression testing will fail many a well broken in stock bat, and you can't tell by the "sound" either (or every Z1000 out there is shaved). :D

Up here if you suspect an altered bat, you pony up $300 and the league sends it out for the saw in half. If you're right...you get your cash back....if you're wrong, the player whose bat was just destroyed gets your cash. So far nobody (that I know of) has been as "certain" as you are of a shaved stick to cough up the $300.

What is your league policy...if any?

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
Exactly which rules aren't being enforced? They're supposed to toss bats because you're too slow to field your position 80% of the time? I don't remember seeing in any rulebook that a playing bellyaching is grounds for a bat to be removed.

Sure, umpires can remove bats, but it's at their discretion. If their opinion is that you need to shut the hell up and just play the damn game, I'd suggest doing that.

110crash

Starting Player
I say if you cant beat 'em , join'em! If you are that certain start swinging a shaved bat back at them, but you better be certain first!!

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
Bring a bat list with you to the field. Nothing you can do about "shaved bats" but be butthurt

Stretch19

Grow up
i think under USSSA rules you can pay to have any bat you want protested...put your money where your mouth is or STFU

MNsoftball

Addicted to Softballfans

I'll say some of the guys that swing glass can hit to all fields and avoid the auto out up the middle. Not Butt Hurt!!!

People seem to be missing this disguised double brag post.. The first one less disguised than the 2nd, which was very slyly slipped in, but I caught it :cool: