Leather separating from welting on index of HOH! HELP??

Howland25

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a new Rawlings PRO208-6 Jtan HOH. I've played catch a few times and noticed that in one small spot the leather is separated from the welting. I'm afraid it will keep spreading since it's the index finger near the pocket. Is there any way to repair this? Any type on adhesive or anything that will stop it from spreading along the finger? Thanks for the help in advance!

Last edited:

Bow Commander

Got any pics? Can’t tell for sure but from your description I’ve had a few gloves do this when new but never got any worse. Pics would help tremendously though.

Bow Commander

Here's the pics. Doesn't looks worry-some to me.

IOaRWvY.jpg

3g5z9mV.jpg

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
If it’s under the manufacturers warranty, you may want to call for an RA and send it in.
Worst case scenario if it gets worse, find a talented leathersmith and have him run a blind stitch.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Seems like a job for - Super Rawlings (customer service)!!!! Ive never had an issue though, have they been easy to work w/? Or make ya jump through hoops?

Howland25

Addicted to Softballfans
Great choices!!!
Thanks man! I love it, except for that one little issue. Its My first HOH custom, ive been a wilson guy for a long time. But I kept getting told that rawlings quality is superior so I went for it! And so far after 2 weeks I have this welting problem. Lol! But hopefully it's fixable! If not, it's not the end of the world, Still a nice glove!

Last edited: