legacy release date

KW19

Star Player
very interested on your thoughts of this bat KW- let us know!

Got a brief BP session in today. Hit Evil .52/300 BP Balls. First round (25 swings) I certainly didn't hate it, but I didn't totally love it. 2 teammates took a rounds with it before I took another 25 cuts, and toward the end (around 100 or so total swings) the sound began to change and the bat felt much, much better to me.

I know my 2014 Future took a couple hundred swings to really open up, and I'd say the Legacy will too. I think another round of BP and it will be game ready, and will be a great option for those who prefer a balanced bat (especially if you play both U-Trip and ASA).

Ignite-la

Addicted to Softballfans
Got my bat today. Wasn't really balance as I thought it would. Gonna put some swings on it tomorrow. My 2014 juggy feels more balanced.

Chico_O

Bat Addict
Def does not feel like a legend. Kind of disappointed.

Well that's a bummer I was hoping it would swing like a legend. And I was going to grab a 27 oz too. If it swings like a future no reason to buy a legacy for me as I already own a future.

Kentzell42

Straight Into Ketosis!
Well that's a bummer I was hoping it would swing like a legend. And I was going to grab a 27 oz too. If it swings like a future no reason to buy a legacy for me as I already own a future.

That's only one opinion so far. I think it's too early to cast a verdict.

Ignite-la

Addicted to Softballfans
Swung it last night. Felt pretty good. It's going to need a lil bit of bp. It did swing pretty balanced to me. Maybe it was just in my head when I first got it. I think it will be a very good bat once it opens up.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Just pre-ordered mine this morning. Hoping there isnt going to be a long wait til they ship more out.

KW19

Star Player
Had a couple girls swing it in our co-ed league game tonight. One poked it off the fence (about 220) but we all agreed it needs another 100 or so swings before it is game-ready.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Got tracking info last night, still says Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS 24 hours later. No rush to get it shipped out looks like. :confused:

slacker1

Addicted to Softballfans
Been reading that these aren't as balanced as was claimed. Anybody have any input on that subject or personal opinion on their own experience swinging one. Also, has anybody put one of these on a scale yet to see if they are coming anywhere close to sticker.

slacker1

Addicted to Softballfans
My 28oz just arrived today. Scale weight is 28.75 with wrapper and grip. Bat feels very balanced and swings lighter than any 28 oz bat I have swung. Also did the table balance test against my 26 oz mercy (scales at 26.8) and the Legacy hangs almost a full half inch further off the table in comparison.

Chico_O

Bat Addict
Hey Slack- why the jump to 28? I see that you mostly swing 25-26oz, are the Legacy's swinging that light?

slacker1

Addicted to Softballfans
Chico, I took a chance based on a recommendation that the Legacy would have a lighter swing weight than sticker. I m glad I did, the bat swings more like a 26oz with most of the weight I feel is in the handle and not the barrel. The closest thing I can compare it to is the old demarini geezer senior bat that stickers at 26, but still weighed over 28 oz

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Oh reeeeeaaallllllly, this has me thinking, now that they are showing up we need some more reviews before I pull the trigger, but I'm leaning towards 28 as well

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Got mine today, but havent had a chance to put any swings on it yet. Playing in a tournament, but hesitant to use a bat with 0 swings on it yet.

Chico_O

Bat Addict
Chico, I took a chance based on a recommendation that the Legacy would have a lighter swing weight than sticker. I m glad I did, the bat swings more like a 26oz with most of the weight I feel is in the handle and not the barrel. The closest thing I can compare it to is the old demarini geezer senior bat that stickers at 26, but still weighed over 28 oz

This is great info, as I heard they were running light- but havent heard anyone really back up the info- so this is a great start...

Let us know how it swings as you get more cuts on it please! looks like I may need to consider moving to a 28oz as well, since I primarily swing 26s-27s

Thanks bro!

jacedo23

Addicted to Softballfans
This is great info, as I heard they were running light- but havent heard anyone really back up the info- so this is a great start...

Let us know how it swings as you get more cuts on it please! looks like I may need to consider moving to a 28oz as well, since I primarily swing 26s-27s

Thanks bro!

I normally swing 27oz and the 27oz legacy feels good. Hoping to get some more swings on it soon but the 27oz swings like a 27oz to me