Lesson Learned...

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Went to the Sin City conference opener this weekend. Brought my 3 gamers figuring at least 1 of them would pass. All 3 passed last time I tested. This time.... 219, 219 & 210. I had nothing gripped the right way sitting in my bag. I was so pissed off. Lesson learned, always have an Easton in the bag.

speed123

Synergy Flex OG
Hahahahahah! You should know better........comp tester are pretty funny and sometimes not very accurate......I think they all test different

Cags

Star Player
Went to the Sin City conference opener this weekend. Brought my 3 gamers figuring at least 1 of them would pass. All 3 passed last time I tested. This time.... 219, 219 & 210. I had nothing gripped the right way sitting in my bag. I was so pissed off. Lesson learned, always have an Easton in the bag.

Or always keep tape and some grips on your bag

30 packer

Panty Dropper
I didn't know they tested everyone's bats at those events. There are random tests here, but the director doesn't have time to test everyone's.

That said, always keep a bat in the bag that you know will pass compression.

Eastons hold their compression for a long, long time. I saw a guy break a 4TF with about 40 swings on it yesterday.

They tested all of the bats and then kept them in a garbage can with your team name on it for the whole weekend, they keep the ones that fail too for the weekend and give them back once you were knocked out of the tourney.

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans

Dang it!!! Wish I knew you were there so I could have met up to say hello.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
Madbeers who did you play with? I watched online most of the weekend, and wish I would have known you were there.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I am so out of the loop nowadays, I didn't know grips were so important.

That's just booty!!!!

Chrisklol

301' Bombs

For me they are, when you take thousands of cuts with a bat taped and grip n rip a certain way. It def throws me off to not have it that way.
Although I can get by with just a grip n rip or knob cuff.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Hahahahahah! You should know better........comp tester are pretty funny and sometimes not very accurate......I think they all test different

Like I said... Lesson learned (the hard way).

But it was still great to see your big homie even if your bats sucked ha ha

Great to hang with you and the family. You're a lucky dude. That Ellie is a pretty cute little girl.

Or always keep tape and some grips on your bag

No doubt.

Dang it!!! Wish I knew you were there so I could have met up to say hello.

That would have been killer. Next time.

Madbeers who did you play with? I watched online most of the weekend, and wish I would have known you were there.

CSC outta Utah. We played terrible.

I'm pretty picky with how my bats are gripped. That said, they shouldn't make that big of a difference. But I just let that **** crawl right into my head.

4xtra

Player/Coach
219??

I know what you mean with the grip issue but can you swing with just a grip and rip??

egibree

Addicted to Softballfans

Did they rotate it for you.....I've had the tester quarter turn my 100h and go from like 218 to passing.....

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
I gave up on grip n rips and knob cuffs just to stop buying all the colors and stuff
get bat, take wrapper off, swing...life is simple now

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I don't go full gnar, but one on my Recoil is the most comfortable thing ever. Just the perfect combo for me. For me.

Masher816

Addicted to Softballfans
For me they are, when you take thousands of cuts with a bat taped and grip n rip a certain way. It def throws me off to not have it that way.
Although I can get by with just a grip n rip or knob cuff.

Same here. I've taped my bats the same way since Jr Legion ball when I was 15 or so (31 now). I played in a wood bat 4th of July tourney back then and realized how much better the taper on a wood bat felt, and how much better I swung with my pinkie finger off the bottom and ring finger on the knob. So...I removed the leather grip on my bats, taped them with hockey tape creating a taper on the handle, pine tared the crap out of the hockey tape, and have done exactly like that since.

I think everyone COULD hit with stock grips...but...if something works and feels good for you, changing that because of a silly technicality can mind-f ya pretty good.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I think everyone COULD hit with stock grips...but...if something works and feels good for you, changing that because of a silly technicality can mind-f ya pretty good.

I can't swing a bat that doesn't have a tapered handle. I fell like I'm breaking fingers.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
they often do bat supplied out here so i figure that i would conform, been great for me...bizzos and bat flips yo