Let's be real, with current standards, aren't almost all bats the same in performance?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have an ASA DC-41 and have never swung the UTrip version. Only the Freak Black's and Freak 30's.
Apparently missed the UTrip part and Classic M part. I was stuck on the LS is a **** bat and blah blah blah can't hit it that far. I shared my experience and now its assumed I'm bragging or exaggerating. Meh oh well.
It's assumed you're bragging because tps is a **** bat. It used to be all I swung, but they've gone downhill fast. With a classic m it's that much more obvious.

Being able to hit the ball any distance with any bat doesn't mean the bat isn't trash. You'd still hit it farther and more often with a good bat.

Country469

talking about how far you hit is suspect and always will be. If you're that good, someone else will talk about you.

It's assumed you're bragging because tps is a **** bat. It used to be all I swung, but they've gone downhill fast. With a classic m it's that much more obvious.

Being able to hit the ball any distance with any bat doesn't mean the bat isn't trash. You'd still hit it farther and more often with a good bat.

I have never swung any other LS slow pitch bat so I don't have a reference to the days of old. I just picked this one up cheap.
I agree 100% about the more often part as the LS isn't as consistent as other bats I have or have swung in the past.

talking about how far you hit is suspect and always will be. If you're that good, someone else will talk about you.

I agree and would feel the same way about anyone else, but in context I only said I've hit a LS bat that far in response to the it's only good for 150ft comment.
It's pretty easy to get humbled as I play ball with guys half my size who hit balls 50ft further than me so no need for **** measuring contests.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

Party mafia

I have never swung any other LS slow pitch bat so I don't have a reference to the days of old. I just picked this one up cheap.
I agree 100% about the more often part as the LS isn't as consistent as other bats I have or have swung in the past.
How many cuts did you put in your ls bat before it opens up?

AverageJay

Why does every single thread that asks a legitimate question always turn into an argue fest that goes completely off topic? Boy, do I miss the good old days of this forum.

If you guys are really that bored you should come out and watch me take BP. Jaws would surely drop and my PayPal address would be flying your way for lessons.

Last edited:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he meant it's inconsistent from one idividual bat to the next, like QC issues. He just wrote it wrong.
I think he means the ss is smallish so he doesn't hit it as well as consistently. Either way I think joker is overreacting aka being himself.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Good base hitters impress me more than HR hitters. So many people just concerned how far you can hit it...doesn't necessarily make you a good hitter. Makes you selfish and self-centered more often than not.

I'd get in on this convo, but I still swing COMbat's and only hit it 330ft.... therefore my opinion is negligible. But that's with an Asa only bat and 52's.