Letter from ASA and the Flipper

b56

Addicted to Softballfans
Has this been announced or posted yet. We are still waiting for approval since this bat does not pass the field compression test.

Grip_&_Rip24

East Coast Assault
Has this been announced or posted yet. We are still waiting for approval since this bat does not pass the field compression test.

has anyone field tested a NIW? my league just tests once at the beginning of the season.. I might grab one if I could be confident it would pass NIW or NOW..

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
had one tested last week niw and it didnt pass.

You realize that the reason for this supposed letter is because of the flipper not passing NIW ....

It's the design of the inner walls of the barrel that makes not able to pass ...

AmmoDawg

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
It does however pass the 98mph test. Heard compression testing is not mandatory so people putting a lot of stock in it shouldn't :rolleyes:

SirKuz

OG Softball Addict
I am wondering about this as well, I'd like to be able to swing mine at the Northern Nationals and not sure if they test there or not.

newbill/kti15

Addicted to Softballfans
It does however pass the 98mph test. Heard compression testing is not mandatory so people putting a lot of stock in it shouldn't :rolleyes:
Exactly...
It will pass the ASA test, but will not pass a compression test due to the design of the bat... That is why they dont have the utrip stamp on them...

chmo616

In It To Hit It!
Tested mine today with the wrapper still on it & it failed
horribly!!!! It didn't even make it half way out the fail zone! I was looking forward to hitting the.52/300 balls, but now I can't even use it!

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
Exactly...
It will pass the ASA test, but will not pass a compression test due to the design of the bat... That is why they dont have the utrip stamp on them...

Wrong...the bat is made from the new standard. Unless they have the new tester it will fail. Only Asa has this. No utrip, no NSA, isf or any field testers. Once everyone gets the new testing equipment then it will pass testing. The only reason it does not have a utrip stamp is because they can't properly test it yet. The flipper is not hotter than utrip bats but does hit the 52/300 well.

Trung1130

FREE AGENT FOR LIFE
Wrong...the bat is made from the new standard. Unless they have the new tester it will fail. Only Asa has this. No utrip, no NSA, isf or any field testers. Once everyone gets the new testing equipment then it will pass testing. The only reason it does not have a utrip stamp is because they can't properly test it yet. The flipper is not hotter than utrip bats but does hit the 52/300 well.

Lol this reply made me laugh

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
People just don't realize the only reason it's only asa approved is because the other associations don't have the new equipment, and nothing more. It's worth swinging just for the sound though.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
what good is a bat that doesn't pass compression if it's not any hotter than the ones that do?

and yeah, i'm just stirring the pot... already hating the hype on this bat.

Daurbanlegend

BP Legend
Some may call it hype but I've hit it and I can honestly say of it had a utrip stamp I'd own only 4 Flippers. It fits my swing perfectly and its just nasty. But this is my opinion and we know what those are like......

usmcluberti

Banned User
I'd rather swing something that didn't have testing issues and had other stamps...this release just has me scratching my head over here :confused:

Atiyeh

BP Hero
what good is a bat that doesn't pass compression if it's not any hotter than the ones that do?

and yeah, i'm just stirring the pot... already hating the hype on this bat.

Hype machine is pretty high on this one. I do want to try it though.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

All due respect, but I'm going to side with newbill on this one. Sorry joeschmoe.

This bat has me wanting to get one of the new ASA Eastons to swing in everything. If it almost hits the 52s as well as the Flipper does I'd be set for all associations.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
All due respect, but I'm going to side with newbill on this one. Sorry joeschmoe.

This bat has me wanting to get one of the new ASA Eastons to swing in everything. If it almost hits the 52s as well as the Flipper does I'd be set for all associations.

Do the ASA Eastons get a letter? :rolleyes:

nutmegs

IDGAFOS

I wish I had the flipper to compare, because I've swung the new eastons and the z2000.