Liability Insurance for Tournament?

Crash1207

The BUNT Guy
Our local complex has set a new policy this year that every tournament gets it's own liability covereage for their event. I've never had to look into this in the past since we've always just used a liability waiver, but the complex is now saying that is not good enough.

Does anyone have experience getting liability covereage for a tournament? If so, how tough is it? How much would it typically cost? We're looking at 24 teams and roughly 300 players.

Thanks!

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
Check the USSSA website...they have a link to some insurance company. Other than that I would check with your complex director and ask who he use to get his insurance from.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Our rec department (via Legal Dept) is making us get insurance this year also. Plus any team we play from out of town must show proof of insurance also.

It is a lousy deal as we are just an organized pick up type league.

I would check with the Assoc if any that you play under.

bdclubber

Addicted to Softballfans
Event insurance for our tourney last year cost us $400ish, plus the insurance guy suggested that we have everyone sign a waiver.

shockwave5

Addicted to Softballfans
Most complexes have insurance already if they throw tourneys year round. Our complexes around here allow us to use the insurance the park has picked up.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Most complexes have insurance already if they throw tourneys year round. Our complexes around here allow us to use the insurance the park has picked up.

Those are getting to be the old days as more and more young lawyers start working for municipalities and have to make themselves feel important. When I worked for the city we didn't even concern ourself with alll this junk we have to put up with today. Pay for your field permit and that was it.

We tried to put an equipment box on a field and we couldn't because it didn't fit into the grand plan for the park (which we will never see).

Crash1207

The BUNT Guy

The complex has it's own coverage but any event there now has to have their own additional insurance.