Liberty Park closes

Youcallthemlogs

Extra Hitter
Guess they never owned the land and FedEx made the owners a ripe offer. Sad day. Can't believe the park never bought the land 20 years ago.

BigRed54

this park is where the major tournament called the Last Chance Qualifier happens. It is also where the director of USSSA lives, so that is what doesn't make any sense to me. Is how does the director of USSSA live in that area not make sure that the park where he hosts all of his tournaments is still around.

Pylon #00

Bad Mother****er
this park is where the major tournament called the Last Chance Qualifier happens. It is also where the director of USSSA lives, so that is what doesn't make any sense to me. Is how does the director of USSSA live in that area not make sure that the park where he hosts all of his tournaments is still around.

While the MI-USSSA Offices were located at Liberty Park, they didn't own or have anything to do with the day-to-day operations of the park. Bottom line, the person that owned the land got an offer from FedEX that he couldn't refuse.

MI-USSSA is holding tournaments at various parks throughout the Metro Detroit area.
http://miusssa.com/

MCSL

Liberty Park coaches and players:

Michigan Charity Softball League is forming new players and teams for this summer. Games are Sundays from noon until 6pm. Location is at Baumgartner Park in Sterling Heights, Michigan. Season runs April 30th through August 27th. There will be no games on Mother's Day (May 14th), Memorial Day weekend (May 28th), or Father's Day (June 18th). 15 scheduled weeks for 30 games.

The cost will be as follows- and yes, it is for 15 weeks with double headers: $200 non-refundable registration fee due April 1st plus $550 per team due April 23rd. Any late payment past April 23rd is an additional $50 fee. Ump fees are $12.50 per game. Teams can have up to 20 players on roster with a minimum of 8 (must have 8 to play to avoid a forfeit). Subs can be added throughout the season until week 12 with no additional cost. Jerseys are not mandatory but are recommended. It is a mixed league, meaning there is no male-to-female ratio restriction. Even though the park itself is ASA, we are allowed to follow USSSA rules. We are looking for teams to fill a rec division and an upper division.

If you're interested in playing or putting a team together, please do not hesitate to contact me either through here or at [email protected]

Attachments

• MCSLLeagueInfo.jpg
    MCSLLeagueInfo.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 2

bbaum17

Starting Player
Sad to hear this place was closing, it was probably the best place in Michigan to play at competitively. I will say I wont be missing the yellow concession stands right behind home plate. Lots of good times here.