Lions game/fans.............

n.e.mich

Went to the game today and I have this to say, the Lions "fans" are the worst I have ever seen. Get that ****ing chip of your shoulder tough guy and quit being a disgrace to your team and the sport. I'll never go back to Ford Field. Wow, I have seen a lot of games all over the country and that experience was a joke. What a bunch of punks.

n.e.mich

It was a joke thats for sure. It felt like I was sitting in the crowd at one of those Tough Man contests they used to have. I'll never buy tickets to go there again.

cebarnold

Addicted to Softballfans
Went to the game today and I have this to say, the Lions "fans" are the worst I have ever seen. Get that ****ing chip of your shoulder tough guy and quit being a disgrace to your team and the sport. I'll never go back to Ford Field. Wow, I have seen a lot of games all over the country and that experience was a joke. What a bunch of punks.

Did you have a bad experience in the stands or was it the pitiful and stupid display on the field? I remember the days at the Silverdump as a kid - there was a fight in every other section it seemed.

As far as the game goes - what a disgrace. They embarrassed themselves and made it worse w/ an explanation that made absolutely no sense (the guy lost control plain and simple). Lions player personnel management needs to sit him down and get him to take his penalty, admit his wrongdoing, and move on. The kid has far too much talent to be a thug.

The Pack was the better team going in. Play hard, play tough. Don't make mistakes. To resort to thuggery regardless of what's said or done on the field is just plain weak.

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!
Did you have a bad experience in the stands or was it the pitiful and stupid display on the field? I remember the days at the Silverdump as a kid - there was a fight in every other section it seemed.

As far as the game goes - what a disgrace. They embarrassed themselves and made it worse w/ an explanation that made absolutely no sense (the guy lost control plain and simple). Lions player personnel management needs to sit him down and get him to take his penalty, admit his wrongdoing, and move on. The kid has far too much talent to be a thug.

The Pack was the better team going in. Play hard, play tough. Don't make mistakes. To resort to thuggery regardless of what's said or done on the field is just plain weak.

Meeting with the league comish wasn't enough????? Sad thing is that he is rubbing off on the rest of the team. Stafford's block after he threw the INT against the Bears was pretty bad also.

n.e.mich

Listening to the punks behind me yell obscenities at a 65-70 year old woman who was sitting next to me and was wearing a Packers jersey and cheering. I finally told one guy to STFU so he and his 3 buddies tell me i'm getting my ass beat after the game....whatever. They left halfway through the 4th quarter. **** like that was going on all around me. 20 something year old guys trying to look like Kid Rock wanting to fight anyone in a Packers shirt. I shouldn't have been surprised.

cebarnold

Addicted to Softballfans
Meeting with the league comish wasn't enough????? Sad thing is that he is rubbing off on the rest of the team. Stafford's block after he threw the INT against the Bears was pretty bad also.

Obviously not. Sure seems like he's a real Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde guy. When you see him in interviews he seems under control, eloquent, and even soft spoken (his reaction to the ejection notwithstanding). On the field and even after the whistle? Look out.

I was hoping that the meeting w/ the comish was a sign of them turning that behavior around, especially since Suh took the initiative to make it happen (or that's what we're lead to believe).

The guy needs to be brought under control before he ends someone's career.

cebarnold

Addicted to Softballfans
Listening to the punks behind me yell obscenities at a 65-70 year old woman who was sitting next to me and was wearing a Packers jersey and cheering. I finally told one guy to STFU so he and his 3 buddies tell me i'm getting my ass beat after the game....whatever. They left halfway through the 4th quarter. **** like that was going on all around me. 20 something year old guys trying to look like Kid Rock wanting to fight anyone in a Packers shirt. I shouldn't have been surprised.

Good for you standing up to those idiotic punks. I'm sure that the woman next to you appreciated it. I don't understand the need to ridicule and heckle people that wear and cheer for the opposing team - regardless of location.

eHall

Base burglar
This happens in more places than Detroit. Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Chicago are all guilty of it too. I have been to games in all those places and I would have been in fear if i was wearing an opposing teams jersey.

Places where home teams fans were friendly were Green Bay, St Louis, Indianapolis, and Tennessee.

n.e.mich

Good for you standing up to those idiotic punks. I'm sure that the woman next to you appreciated it. I don't understand the need to ridicule and heckle people that wear and cheer for the opposing team - regardless of location.

Good natured ribbing/heckling is fine and should be expected in my opinion, I actually think it's pretty funny. But being violent about it is something else alltogether.

n.e.mich

This happens in more places than Detroit. Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Chicago are all guilty of it too. I have been to games in all those places and I would have been in fear if i was wearing an opposing teams jersey.

Places where home teams fans were friendly were Green Bay, St Louis, Indianapolis, and Tennessee.

A few years ago we went to Lambeau and it was the most fun I have ever had.

Indy was fun and so was Miami, both great places to see a game.

Peacock

DBOTY 2011
Obviously not. Sure seems like he's a real Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde guy. When you see him in interviews he seems under control, eloquent, and even soft spoken (his reaction to the ejection notwithstanding). On the field and even after the whistle? Look out.

I was hoping that the meeting w/ the comish was a sign of them turning that behavior around, especially since Suh took the initiative to make it happen (or that's what we're lead to believe).

The guy needs to be brought under control before he ends someone's career.

Two words: Roid rage. I'm not saying anything, I'm just sayin'.

onion

Addicted to Softballfans
This post is a waste of time. Every team has idiot fans that are a poor representation of the rest of their fans. Green Bay has some of the dumbest fans in the country that harass any other teams fans. Just because they are small town fat ass cheese eating morons doesn't make them any less idiotic.