Little help here?

dhark

Hey guys haven't been paying attention lately to all the new bats and new Assc. "standards". Our league is requiring all bats this year to have the new Utrip stamp which I did know was coming and actually have a Z2000 with the stamp.

Anyways talking last week with a few guys and they were saying you can't use ASA only stamped bats in Utrip anymore? Is this true? You could always use ASA bats in Utrip before? They were also saying ASA bats may be actually hotter than Utrip now? I also see the term "dual stamp" being tossed around here. So what's the deal now? There's ASA and Utrip only stamped bats that can be only used in those particular Assc. and you can use the dual stamped in both?

Sorry for not keeping up used to be an OG bat ***** and knew everything!! Anyways the reason for asking all this here is I may be looking to pick up another bat for this year and thinking. Demo may be in order. Used to have a Juice and loved it! Loved the heavy end load and just seemed to fit my swing. Not sure if it was the end load or flexyness of it, kinda have a long arcing swing rather than quick and compact. So any suggestions on the new line?

leftcenter01

on the down slope
It is true all governing bodies have thier own stamp now. Asa only stamped bats are just that, only legal in asa. Some say that the top of the line asa may indeed be hotter than utrip but I think its more even and just depends on how the bat fits your swing. Same goes for utrip/nsa, they both have new stamps too. Utrip must have the new utrip stamp but nsa is allowing 1 more year before requiring you to have their new stamp. Dual stamp bats have all association stamps and are good for all governing bodies. There arent many dual stamp bats yet, but demarini has 2. Demarini one is dual stamped and so is the f4t4re which is an exclusive to another site. Single stamped bats still seem to be your best bet for now but the duals arent bad by any means. Look for the threads for demarinis 2014 line they have something for everyone.

TRaj2327

Hey guys haven't been paying attention lately to all the new bats and new Assc. "standards". Our league is requiring all bats this year to have the new Utrip stamp which I did know was coming and actually have a Z2000 with the stamp.

Anyways talking last week with a few guys and they were saying you can't use ASA only stamped bats in Utrip anymore? Is this true? You could always use ASA bats in Utrip before? They were also saying ASA bats may be actually hotter than Utrip now? I also see the term "dual stamp" being tossed around here. So what's the deal now? There's ASA and Utrip only stamped bats that can be only used in those particular Assc. and you can use the dual stamped in both?

Sorry for not keeping up used to be an OG bat ***** and knew everything!! Anyways the reason for asking all this here is I may be looking to pick up another bat for this year and thinking. Demo may be in order. Used to have a Juice and loved it! Loved the heavy end load and just seemed to fit my swing. Not sure if it was the end load or flexyness of it, kinda have a long arcing swing rather than quick and compact. So any suggestions on the new line?

Technically you could never use ASA only bats in UTRIP. The only legal bats for UTRIP had to have the UTRIP stamp. No exceptions.

Since the implementation of the new stamps, there had been mostly all ASA or UTRIP on bats. Mostly just the utrips had the stamps for NSA/isa/ISF. Now a few more dual stamp bats are coming out.

dhark

Technically you could never use ASA only bats in UTRIP. The only legal bats for UTRIP had to have the UTRIP stamp. No exceptions.

Since the implementation of the new stamps, there had been mostly all ASA or UTRIP on bats. Mostly just the utrips had the stamps for NSA/isa/ISF. Now a few more dual stamp bats are coming out.

Yes but back then if it passed for ASA it would pass the Utrip 1.20 standard and would have both stamps on it then. But yes I agree it did still need the 1.20 stamp.

Need some Demarini suggestions please.

MS23

Coach
The only 2014 I have is the Future. 28.5 and has a good end load feel to it. Waiting to hit some balls with it due to the climate change we call winter here. Not worried about the dual stamp aspect. Play mostly U Trip here and not sure what our area is going to do with ASA going to MSF to keep using the 44's.

nixonride1

SEA -HAWKS
I dont think the FUTURE is an enloaded AM...the barrel is softer and a completely different feel..I just swung both dual stamp bats and they are both good...the ONE is very stiff and balanced while the Future is significantly endloaded in comparison and a bit softer barrel. They are both good feeling sticks, but different. Time will tell but I think they will both be hot, just depends on what fits your swing. If you liked the juice I would say pick up a future....you wont be dissappointed...It is hotter out of the wrapper than the ONE but still takes some cuts before it fully opens up.

Last edited:

MS23

Coach
I worry about using that bat for 44/375 balls since it's pretty much just an endloaded aftermath and the AMs seem to be blowing up on 44/375 balls.

Hulk no smash! :smash: The only bat I ever broke was the Dark (RIP :( ) Maybe I will use my VX2 or Swagger if it get too cold then. The half ounce weight and the end load got me to bite on the Future. Time will tell!

TRaj2327

I worry about using that bat for 44/375 balls since it's pretty much just an endloaded aftermath and the AMs seem to be blowing up on 44/375 balls.

no

I dont think the FUTURE is an enloaded AM...the barrel is softer and a completely different feel..I just swung both dual stamp bats and they are both good...the ONE is very stiff and balanced while the Future is significantly endloaded in comparison and a bit softer barrel. They are both good feeling sticks, but different. Time will tell but I think they will both be hot, just depends on what fits your swing. If you liked the juice I would say pick up a future....you wont be dissappointed...It is hotter out of the wrapper than the ONE but still takes some cuts before it fully opens up.

This. And the Aftermath has the divergence technology and the Future is the SMDMM composite. No divergence to my knowledge.... it certainly isn't mentioned anywhere.

Yes but back then if it passed for ASA it would pass the Utrip 1.20 standard and would have both stamps on it then. But yes I agree it did still need the 1.20 stamp.

Need some Demarini suggestions please.

Exactly. If you want something with some endload the Future is supposed to be pretty endloaded in the 27.5 and 28.5. My 26.5 is actually less endloaded than my 26 oz OG Stadium.

The CL22 also has some junk in the trunk in the higher weights as well.

WarHorse

Star Player
This. And the Aftermath has the divergence technology and the Future is the SMDMM composite. No divergence to my knowledge.... it certainly isn't mentioned anywhere.

Sorry, yes, you're right. I'm half asleep at my desk today and looked at the aftermath description twice.

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans

Lol for real? The two aren't even close. Warhorse smokin that good stuff again. Makin me chuckle.

dynatone

Addicted to Softballfans
The only 2014 I have is the Future. 28.5 and has a good end load feel to it. Waiting to hit some balls with it due to the climate change we call winter here. Not worried about the dual stamp aspect. Play mostly U Trip here and not sure what our area is going to do with ASA going to MSF to keep using the 44's.

Will be curious about the 28.5. I swing 28s and wondering if it swings like a normally labeled 28 or if it's heavier and I'd need to go with a 27.5?

dhark

no
Exactly. If you want something with some endload the Future is supposed to be pretty endloaded in the 27.5 and 28.5. My 26.5 is actually less endloaded than my 26 oz OG Stadium.

Yes would be looking at 26.5 or 27 end loaded bats.

MS23

Coach
Will be curious about the 28.5. I swing 28s and wondering if it swings like a normally labeled 28 or if it's heavier and I'd need to go with a 27.5?

My 28 Swagger feels balanced next to the 28.5 Future. I never felt the end load of the Swagger anyway. I like 28-30oz bats and the Future feels like a couple 30's I have so a nice bonus!

killer mike

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes would be looking at 26.5 or 27 end loaded bats.

My Cl22 is a 27(scales in at 27.1 with athletic tape). F4T4RE is 27.5(scales in at 27.5 with stock grip) and has a very noticeable end load. Have yet to swing them side by side since the day I received my bat it decided to pour rain. Sunny all winter in Cali until my future showed up :eek:

hope this helps if you looking into a F4T4RE

dhark

My Cl22 is a 27(scales in at 27.1 with athletic tape). F4T4RE is 27.5(scales in at 27.5 with stock grip) and has a very noticeable end load. Have yet to swing them side by side since the day I received my bat it decided to pour rain. Sunny all winter in Cali until my future showed up :eek:

hope this helps if you looking into a F4T4RE

Which is more end loaded?

thebestpr21

Addicted to Softballfans
Not as easy to say from the pic when comparing bats with different weights....if they were the same weight, the image tells you The Future is more enloaded....based on what ive read, The Future seems to have a pretty good endload, especially in 27.5+ weights...