little league question

potsie

I don't want a eyepatch
i realize its a softball board but ive been searching and cant find answers. Some of you guys with kids may know the answer. All youth bats are now to be stamped usabat or be bbcore, my question is what if anything is being done with the old bats? are they good for anything besides bp? is their a recycling program?

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
USA stamp is the new little league rule. BBCOR is still the high school rule. There are tons of leagues out there not affiliated with little league so your old bats could be of use elsewhere.

bndawgs

President-Elect
i realize its a softball board but ive been searching and cant find answers. Some of you guys with kids may know the answer. All youth bats are now to be stamped usabat or be bbcore, my question is what if anything is being done with the old bats? are they good for anything besides bp? is their a recycling program?

This is who my local league partnered with to donate old equipment.

http://www.levelingtheplayingfield.org/

Edit: This group appears to be local to me. But I'm sure there's something similar in your area.

Last edited:

billvp

Addicted to Softballfans
Donate them, I am asking for those old ones to be donated at our league. I am sending them Dominican Republic.
Why are you donating them to that ****hole, you should donate them to Norway from where the U.S. gets almost no baseball players.

bndawgs

President-Elect
Why are you donating them to that ****hole, you should donate them to Norway from where the U.S. gets almost no baseball players.
That's a good point. Perhaps an outreach program to Norway would be beneficial to the US.

SammyJaxxx

Starting Player

I wouldn't let anyone use a bat without a USA stamp at batting practice. The stamp is a safety issue.