LLWS Final

Fudbelty

I Invented the Budle Play
I hope Japan beats Cali by 20 runs.

I don't like how the Cali team carries themselves, especially that little **** Pratto that was pitching today. Gotta blame the coach who's his dad.

They need to be brought back to earth a bit.

Talking **** about 12yr olds is pretty lame IMO. Guess who got the game winning hit.

CP15

Keep Right On !!!
I thought both teams were well behaved myself. I didn't watch every minute of every game they played in the series but didn't see anything negative.

clemsonhitters

Bring back my bike *****
yea they were well behaved.. no **** talking just playing ball..
they even had the one kid from the HB team translate for the japanese kids since he spoke japanese and english pretty cool if you ask me.. it was a good game all the way around..
the one kid on 1b for team Japan was a monster man.. he made a lot of plays.. read the bunts well.. pretty athletic kid..

guzzler2209

The Veteran
Talking **** about 12yr olds is pretty lame IMO. Guess who got the game winning hit.

Whatever dude. My comments were based on how Pratto acted on the mound in the previous game. I thought he acted like a little punk, reacting to every pitch the Ump called a ball. Even Musburger said "he's gonna learn a big lesson from an umpire one of these days".

I thought both teams were well behaved myself. I didn't watch every minute of every game they played in the series but didn't see anything negative.

Agree. I thought it was a great game and great sportsmanship shown during and afterward.

rgm381

<font color="#EE0000">growing older not up</font>
i added the one part you forgot.. haha

not hard to throw 70 at that age, when they have the mound so close :rolleyes:. Most leagues & travel, that is the pitching distance for 10 year olds . Stick a 13 y/o at that distance & of course they are going to be hard to hit. This is my biggest complaint & the reason I don't really watch it.

jp24

Band
not hard to throw 70 at that age, when they have the mound so close :rolleyes:. Most leagues & travel, that is the pitching distance for 10 year olds . Stick a 13 y/o at that distance & of course they are going to be hard to hit. This is my biggest complaint & the reason I don't really watch it.

WTF does the proximity of the mound have to do with how hard a 12/13 yo throws? This is a stupid post, IMO.

70 MPH at 12/13 is above average....I coach travel ball, and those kids aren't common even at the higher levels. Most kids aren't into the 70's until high school.

As for the game, one of my friends umped at the West/Northwest Regional tourney in Cali and said that Cali team was ****ier than crap, but would probably win it because of their strength as a team. I wasn't surprised to see Pratto win it.

rgm381

I'm talking about the graphic they always throw up, showing this would equate to a xx mph pitch. I thought that is what he was talking about. If that is where the 70 came from, the distance certainly matters . I had a 13 y/o on my team, that from that distance, most of those kids would not touch.

Lwa42

I'm talking about the graphic they always throw up, showing this would equate to a xx mph pitch. I thought that is what he was talking about. If that is where the 70 came from, the distance certainly matters . I had a 13 y/o on my team, that from that distance, most of those kids would not touch.

I think they kept saying that 70 mph from that distance equals around 92 from MLB distance.

JJ27

Grasshopper
WTF does the proximity of the mound have to do with how hard a 12/13 yo throws? This is a stupid post, IMO.

70 MPH at 12/13 is above average....I coach travel ball, and those kids aren't common even at the higher levels. Most kids aren't into the 70's until high school.

As for the game, one of my friends umped at the West/Northwest Regional tourney in Cali and said that Cali team was ****ier than crap, but would probably win it because of their strength as a team. I wasn't surprised to see Pratto win it.

You coach travel ball and you don't understand how the distance between the rubber and the plate can vastly change how hard a kid is throwing? The ball decreases in velocity the further it travels. If you are throwing 5-10 feet closer you will pick up significant velocity. The ball is traveling at peak velocity when it leaves the pitcher's hand. The longer it stays in the air, the more it slows down.

jp24

Band
You coach travel ball and you don't understand how the distance between the rubber and the plate can vastly change how hard a kid is throwing? The ball decreases in velocity the further it travels. If you are throwing 5-10 feet closer you will pick up significant velocity. The ball is traveling at peak velocity when it leaves the pitcher's hand. The longer it stays in the air, the more it slows down.

Um, you're talking apples and oranges. If you throw 70 mph from 46', it's like 92 mph from 60'6". Of course if you put the kids on a regular sized field, they're going to get hit more frequently. I get that. ;)

Also, just because a kid throws the 92mph equivalent doesn't mean he's going to keep developing to throw that in later years.

And yes, I coach travel ball. Trust me, the "elite" players in the LLWS are only a little above average on the travel circuit. My son is a stud in his little league, but is very average on his travel team. LLWS is a watered down event.

JJ27

Grasshopper
Um, you're talking apples and oranges. If you throw 70 mph from 46', it's like 92 mph from 60'6". Of course if you put the kids on a regular sized field, they're going to get hit more frequently. I get that. ;)

Also, just because a kid throws the 92mph equivalent doesn't mean he's going to keep developing to throw that in later years.

And yes, I coach travel ball. Trust me, the "elite" players in the LLWS are only a little above average on the travel circuit. My son is a stud in his little league, but is very average on his travel team. LLWS is a watered down event.

I wouldn't even give them that much credit. The Louisiana team that was in the LLWS played Utrip this year. They were only AAA and went 8-20. 5 of their wins were in the round robin rounds when teams throw off. Only 3 wins on the year in actual tournaments. They went 0-3 in the Louisiana State Tournament in Utrip. My nephew plays 12 year old majors. They play on 265-300ft. fields, not 225. They played the defending Dixie state champs in 2 exhibition games on a 225 field. In 2 games my nephew's team hit 11 homeruns and won 22-0 and 19-0 and they stopped hitting after 10 batters went up in a single inning. Little League = League ball to put it in softball terms.

rgm381

Glad somebody else understands :D