London Games

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
:mad::mad::mad:

Does the nfl know how difficult it is to crawl out of the bar at 330am after Michigan State whips that michigan ass and have to get up at 930am to watch the Lions. At half time I was so pissed I was wasting my time and about to have a coronary. Then the comeback finished the job. probably need a pacemaker installed tomorrow.

Who gives a **** about spreading the game to London. It's ours, and i can't do this again in my short lifetime

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Say they are going to have 5 games there next year. Surprised they haven't added Germany.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
Saw that report too. Initially i was surprised we got involved and concerned we gave up a home game. Then when I found out it wasn't I was somewhat interested, but **** it. I don't want nothing to do with this stuff no more. It's an american sport and it's not broken. If we spread it it will not make a better product. Will have start up leagues elsewhere then have to constantly answer questions why teams still get 99% of their players from NCAA and the states and neglect the rest. Then it will turn into a PC and PR nightmare

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
They should start their own league. An NFL Europe of sorts. ;)

Problem with that league is it kind of turned into where the college wash ups or for a baseball term 4A players went. It was full of guys that had little chance of playing in the NFL, but were average to above average college players. They weren't developing their own guys in Europe, they were taking our guys noone wanted.

Quit bitching. If the lions didn't suck they wouldn't be summoned to play overseas

Ugliest 6-2 I have ever seen and I hate our QB, but going into the bye with a ton of guys banged up and hopefully will get healthy. If you would've told me we would've been 4-1 with a severely limited Megatron I couldn't of mentally handled it. Head would probably explode, but it happened.

P.S.

I argue that Atlanta gave up a home game and the league probably looked at the non divisional home opponents and chose Detroit. If you're looking to promote your product the league probably wanted the Megatron, Stafford, Suh, Reggie Bush type players to show London

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
Like the girl in hs. Every body gets a turn.

Was just talking with a buddy the other day about how the USFL and those other minor leagues ****ed up. If they would've went to the NFL as a partner as NFL Europe did, but not have the distance problem and agreed to be a feeder program they could've been successful. Instead they choose to try to compete and go belly up

stork

I saw some 'minor league football' league on tv the other day. Kinda like a practice squad but they play ball. They had some skills. Emphasis on the 'some'.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
I saw some 'minor league football' league on tv the other day. Kinda like a practice squad but they play ball. They had some skills. Emphasis on the 'some'.

Few years back in the middle of the day on a weekday they were replaying some weird thing called the World Football Championship i believe it was called. US was playing china in the final and blowing them out. US roster was made up of a bunch of scrubs that never saw the field in college (I recognized one from my favorite college team who was there like 6 years with a normal redshirt and medical waiver, but never made it higher than third on the depth chart. This guy had like 3 sacks).

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
NFL is talking about starting a developmental league. I think it is a good idea. The cba does not give you time to develop players like teams used to so a farm system (besides college) would be a good idea.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't like games in London, I don't like NFL every damn Thursday, I don't like Saturday games except for playoffs.

Regular season:

Sunday, MNF and Thanksgiving (Detroit, Dallas and I'm ok with a third). That's it. Better to leave them wanting more than dilute the crap out of it.

And everything on US soil.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd be ok with a thursday night game about once a month but every week is just a bit overkill. Sunday night games can go away too as far as I am concerned.

3XC

Big Truss
I heard London is a ghost town now and all the Olympics stuff is in decay, like deer and moose and capybaras have moved in and nature has reclaimed the land.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
Goodell told teams if they wanted to be considered to host a SB that they had to play in London.

ATL Rookie

Manager
Instead of London I would like to see more games being played in Canada and Mexico. Start there and try to expand the fanbase further. The only way you are going to expand youth and HS leagues is to expand the fanbase to the point they demand it. Its never going to take hold in London. mexico and Canada are a possibility if the NFL is willing to put forth the effort and cash.

stork

Why don't they do it in US places that don't have pro teams? Albuquerque, SLC, S Dakota, Oakland, etc.

stork

Guess they get to watch one real team so we can add Des Moines instead.