Buyer Beware **Lonestar20 - Chris Buckner from Jasper, GA**

eesparza27

Addicted to Softballfans
His name and info is:

Chris Buckner
37 Timberline Dr.
Jasper, GA 30143

Story:
We agreed on a trade and I shipped him a bat and he shipped me a bat (6/12/2012). His bat arrived last Friday (6/15/2012) and mine never did. Supposedly he “accidently” forgot to place the correct street address. He put the street name but not the numbers before it. I do not see how someone does that, but that’s his story. The bat was bounced around my state and his state and was sent to the wrong post office but finally made its way back to him (6/18/2012). He said he would ship it out in the morning but never did. Then he said he would ship it out in the afternoon, but again, not sure because he will not provide me with the tracking info. I understand we all work and get busy, but once you walk out of the post office, it takes 5 seconds to text the tracking number to me. He said he has not been able to send tracking info because he is busy at work. He says he is a firefighter and that he works 30 hours in a 24 hour shift. I do not know what a fireman’s work schedule is like but it still doesn’t make sense. But yet he is not too busy to log into softballfans. He says his phone “automatically” checks him into sbf every 30 minutes. That I know is a lie because he logged in a 1:30pm, 5:43pm, and now 8:44am. That is not 30 minute increments.

So he said he shipped through UPS after 5pm, when I checked online the tracking number he gave me is INVALID. He said its because it takes UPS a day to update online. Next day, there is still no update online so I asked him to give me correct one. He says he “mistyped” the first one he gave me and will give me the correct tracking number in the afternoon. Again because he is too busy at work.

Does this sound fishy to anyone else besides me? I have been beyond patient with this guy but he is not making it easy to trust him.

**UPDATE**

He finally got back with me with the tracking number. BUT, it is completely different then the first one he gave me AND he says it won’t post until after 5pm. So he did not ship it yesterday like he said he did. I don’t know what to believe anymore.

Bat received. Want to leave this up a little while longer since he made me wait so long for my bat.

Thanks.

Last edited:

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
I am posting a BUYER BEWARE thread for Lonestar20. Upon reading this decide for yourself if you want to take the risk trading with him. When I receive the bat i WILL remove this. This is a precautionary action.

His name and info is:

Chris Buckner
37 Timberline Dr.
Jasper, GA 30143

Story:
We agreed on a trade and I shipped him a bat and he shipped me a bat (6/12/2012). His bat arrived last Friday (6/15/2012) and mine never did. Supposedly he “accidently” forgot to place the correct street address. He put the street name but not the numbers before it. I do not see how someone does that, but that’s his story. The bat was bounced around my state and his state and was sent to the wrong post office but finally made its way back to him (6/18/2012). He said he would ship it out in the morning but never did. Then he said he would ship it out in the afternoon, but again, not sure because he will not provide me with the tracking info. I understand we all work and get busy, but once you walk out of the post office, it takes 5 seconds to text the tracking number to me. He said he has not been able to send tracking info because he is busy at work. He says he is a firefighter and that he works 30 hours in a 24 hour shift. I do not know what a fireman’s work schedule is like but it still doesn’t make sense. But yet he is not too busy to log into softballfans. He says his phone “automatically” checks him into sbf every 30 minutes. That I know is a lie because he logged in a 1:30pm, 5:43pm, and now 8:44am. That is not 30 minute increments.

So he said he shipped through UPS after 5pm, when I checked online the tracking number he gave me is INVALID. He said its because it takes UPS a day to update online. Next day, there is still no update online so I asked him to give me correct one. He says he “mistyped” the first one he gave me and will give me the correct tracking number in the afternoon. Again because he is too busy at work.

Does this sound fishy to anyone else besides me? I have been beyond patient with this guy but he is not making it easy to trust him.

When I receive the bat, I mean IF I receive the bat, I will take down this buyer beware. If I do not, I will escalate to a NGTG. I told him I will give him until Friday to make this deal right.

Thanks.

Why would you remove this? This is the exact reason for the feedback section.

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
Might as well delete it now if you're just going to do so when you get the bat. Kinda defeats the purpose of a BB thread

eesparza27

Addicted to Softballfans
Why would you remove this? This is the exact reason for the feedback section.

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty is my approach since this is my first questionable deal on this site. But i am open to keeping it up after bat is received. Just want to avoid being screwed over. Thank you

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
way too many "mistakes" with the shipping and the fact he can't take a minute to text/email the tracking info is a joke. I know a few firefighters and they certainly have down time, even if they are on the clock. Unless he is out fighting some crazy forest fire. But then I guess he wouldn't be logging into SBF....

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty is my approach since this is my first questionable deal on this site. But i am open to keeping it up after bat is received. Just want to avoid being screwed over. Thank you

I would leave it up, you may edit your initial post, but why delete? The mere fact that he didn't pay attention to detail initially when shipping the bat is a red flag and couple that with him "mistyping" the tracking number...people should know he is irresponsible.

Its also odd that you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but yet you start the thread.

eesparza27

Addicted to Softballfans
I would leave it up, you may edit your initial post, but why delete? The mere fact that he didn't pay attention to detail initially when shipping the bat is a red flag and couple that with him "mistyping" the tracking number...people should know he is irresponsible.

Its also odd that you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but yet you start the thread.

Thank you. When i said benefit of the doubt I was referring to waiting before i put up a NGTG thread.

BL18ok

Addicted to Softballfans
eesparza27 is a GTG dude and have done many deals with him. One of the easiest guy to deal with. The key here is just t be up front. I am always ok with the answer if its the true and nothing fishy is going on. Too many story changes here.

eesparza27

Addicted to Softballfans
eesparza27 is a GTG dude and have done many deals with him. One of the easiest guy to deal with. The key here is just t be up front. I am always ok with the answer if its the true and nothing fishy is going on. Too many story changes here.

Thanks bro. Appreciate that.

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes
Not stepping in for defense, just offering some insight. I know Chris. He is a firefighter, he does work crazy hours. I've actually met him at the station a few times to pick up and drop off bats as he's leaving for calls. I can't say that I know him as I a good friend or teammate but I've met and done several deals with him. He's a decent guy and I'm fairly sure he will fix this. He is hard to get a hold of sometimes.

siding88

PROFESSIONAL BOOB WATCHER
Not stepping in for defense, just offering some insight. I know Chris. He is a firefighter, he does work crazy hours. I've actually met him at the station a few times to pick up and drop off bats as he's leaving for calls. I can't say that I know him as I a good friend or teammate but I've met and done several deals with him. He's a decent guy and I'm fairly sure he will fix this. He is hard to get a hold of sometimes.

got to love when someone posts something that has nothing to do with this guys deal, to many run arounds here and like he said take literally 20 seconds to text a delivery number for ****s sake

eesparza27

Addicted to Softballfans
Appreciate everyone's input. You all can decide for yourselves if you would want to deal with him. Update - Still no bat. Still in transist from UPS.

alberts35

Addicted to Softballfans
got to love when someone posts something that has nothing to do with this guys deal, to many run arounds here and like he said take literally 20 seconds to text a delivery number for ****s sake

Pay no mind to poor little Campy, nobody else does....

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes

Typical siding fashion here. This isn't anything that you can take any further than this right here smart one ok. I was offering a bit of insight. I also pmd the OP and offered to help. It has everything to do with the deal. I'm obviously someone who could help move this deal along. I know where he works, where he lives (have been to his house), I know his teammates etc.

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes
Pay no mind to poor little Campy, nobody else does....

Hey you just keep offering zero intelligent feedback as you always do in the bb/ngtg/miken/etc section and its all good. Now scurry off and go swing some paint ma'am