Long Haul Bombers, This sucker flys

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Yes he was excited to him them, anyone local wants to see em fly go to the West Michigan Whitecaps game on July 16th in Grand Rapids.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
it's funny, but I actually find mine to be pretty similar to the evil bp's in distance. I was expecting another level, maybe I just try to hard when I see them coming in BP, haha. but the BP's and even the BP lites just seem to carry a lot more, enough that by the time they both land, it's about the same distance. even if the stadium balls scream off the bat

redneck1991

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes he was excited to him them, anyone local wants to see em fly go to the West Michigan Whitecaps game on July 16th in Grand Rapids.

I read this the other day and cant find any info on the whitecaps website do you have any info I might have some people that want to go.

FAT JESUS

More than likely
it's funny, but I actually find mine to be pretty similar to the evil bp's in distance. I was expecting another level, maybe I just try to hard when I see them coming in BP, haha. but the BP's and even the BP lites just seem to carry a lot more, enough that by the time they both land, it's about the same distance. even if the stadium balls scream off the bat

Wow I dont know how this is possible, these things are like 40 feet farther than a 44/400.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
The Email I got said Putting on a home run derby in Grand Rapids Michigan on July 17 for the Detroit Tigers farm team and crowd at Tiger A affiliate west Michigan whitecaps.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

I have a similar experience if I know they're coming. Overswinging cancels out the increase in ball performance. :D

I like hitting the Hot Maxes better than Launches.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
He told me it is always Wednesday before the fireworks he was going to double check but was certain it was the 16th. Nothing on the site about it but it does mention fireworks.

bigsmooth13

Manager

I think 52/300 Hot Dots fly further than Evil BP's do. The Ultimate Evil is ridiculous. Easily 30-50 feet further than any game ball out there.

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
I think 52/300 Hot Dots fly further than Evil BP's do. The Ultimate Evil is ridiculous. Easily 30-50 feet further than any game ball out there.

Well I know the Launches go about 20-25 feet further than Stadiums do. I haven't hit the Ultimate Evils yet but now I'm curious.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow I dont know how this is possible, these things are like 40 feet farther than a 44/400.

compared to game balls, yes, they go way farther.

it's just that, so do the evil bp's. I guess I was expecting as much difference between the evil bp's and evil stadium balls as I saw between the evil bps and my 44/375 game balls. but it was more like a 50ft difference between game balls and evil bp, and like 10ft difference between the stadium and bp's. I have a dozen of the stadium balls mixed in with 2dz evil BP's and 2dz BP lites. I've never noticed one of those balls consistently going farther when I go to pick them up. if I mix in some old game balls, there's usually a noticeable 'gap'

when pitching, the stadium balls seem to come back at a more scary speed. but the evil bp's carry really well. I think the BP's are lighter maybe. with a good wind, the BP's go just as far as the stadium balls

Last edited:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
compared to game balls, yes, they go way farther.

it's just that, so do the evil bp's. I guess I was expecting as much difference between the evil bp's and evil stadium balls as I saw between the evil bps and my 44/375 game balls. but it was more like a 50ft difference between game balls and evil bp, and like 10ft difference between the stadium and bp's. I have a dozen of the stadium balls mixed in with 2dz evil BP's and 2dz BP lites. I've never noticed one of those balls consistently going farther when I go to pick them up. if I mix in some old game balls, there's usually a noticeable 'gap'

when pitching, the stadium balls seem to come back at a more scary speed. but the evil bp's carry really well. I think the BP's are lighter maybe. with a good wind, the BP's go just as far as the stadium balls

Are you talking about UTrip Stadiums or the Ultimate Evils, because they're not the same thing. Stadiums are 47/450 and the BP Rockets are something like 48/400, so they are fairly close. Ultimate Evils are 53/600, so they're nowhere near close.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Are you talking about UTrip Stadiums or the Ultimate Evils, because they're not the same thing. Stadiums are 47/450 and the BP Rockets are something like 48/400, so they are fairly close. Ultimate Evils are 53/600, so they're nowhere near close.

the white/yellow evil balls that say 'Caution: this sucker flyies' on them. the 'ultimate evils' I guess is what they are called. they just don't see to carry as well as the evil bp's or bp lites. like if both were thrown(so same 'exit speed') I'm pretty sure the ultimate evils would be the shortest. it's just that they obviously come off the bat a little quicker, so they still end up further, it's just not WAY further.

I was also surprised how the bp lites seem to go just as far as the regular evil bp's. they just don't feel like you crushed it off the bat, haha.

CarlsbadDrew

Addicted to Softballfans
the white/yellow evil balls that say 'Caution: this sucker flyies' on them. the 'ultimate evils' I guess is what they are called. they just don't see to carry as well as the evil bp's or bp lites. like if both were thrown(so same 'exit speed') I'm pretty sure the ultimate evils would be the shortest. it's just that they obviously come off the bat a little quicker, so they still end up further, it's just not WAY further.

I was also surprised how the bp lites seem to go just as far as the regular evil bp's. they just don't feel like you crushed it off the bat, haha.

This just means you swing like a girl. I suck and I can hit those things a mile.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
This just means you swing like a girl. I suck and I can hit those things a mile.

that's a possibility, haha.

I'm just saying, I was surprised that the evil BP's almost went as far. I should hit them into my radar and check one day. I just don't like the idea of hitting these balls straight into the chainlink fence repeatedly :(