Long time....

jedi007

Addicted to Softballfans
Been out of the game for a decade. Out of the loop on bat technology or what’s considered good. Last 2 bats I have in my bag which is full of dust are Miken Freak 98 and Easton Synergy Plus CNT most likely can’t even use anymore. Anyway I was told to buy this bat and wanted to get a general consensus from the group about it. 2018 Miken Envious 12” Utrip Maxload. Trolls keep it moving ➡️ Thanks!

ShortYellowBus

The bats you had were ASA bats. The Envious is not an ASA bat.

Seems like you need to find out what the league you’re in allows, USSSA or USA/ASA. You also should ask what kind of balls your league uses. Some bats are specific to certain balls and you’ll get a lot of broken bats if you don’t buy the right one.

The Envious is a headbangers exclusive, so it’s a repaint of a mainline bat with 12” barrel and maxload (half ounce endload) specs. There’s a lot of bats that match these specs. Just find a Miken or Worth with a 12” barrel and Maxload/XL specs. Generally they’re all the same in performance.

Good luck!

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Been out of the game for a decade. Out of the loop on bat technology or what’s considered good. Last 2 bats I have in my bag which is full of dust are Miken Freak 98 and Easton Synergy Plus CNT most likely can’t even use anymore. Anyway I was told to buy this bat and wanted to get a general consensus from the group about it. 2018 Miken Envious 12” Utrip Maxload. Trolls keep it moving ➡️ Thanks!

Both of the bats you have are long barrel so one of the 14 inch barrel worth or Miken might fit you better.

Otherwise ShirtYellowBus knows what he’s talking about

jedi007

Addicted to Softballfans
The bats you had were ASA bats. The Envious is not an ASA bat.

Seems like you need to find out what the league you’re in allows, USSSA or USA/ASA. You also should ask what kind of balls your league uses. Some bats are specific to certain balls and you’ll get a lot of broken bats if you don’t buy the right one.

The Envious is a headbangers exclusive, so it’s a repaint of a mainline bat with 12” barrel and maxload (half ounce endload) specs. There’s a lot of bats that match these specs. Just find a Miken or Worth with a 12” barrel and Maxload/XL specs. Generally they’re all the same in performance.

Good luck!
D776E7E0-DD38-4EF5-9BE7-6A6029CBA269.jpeg This bat was Utrip and the Blue one was ASA. Freak 98 I had for ASA play, which is what we played league ball back in L.I. Now I live down south and everything around here is Utrip. So I was told the envious was the bat to get, just trying to get some feedback on the bat. There were a ton of bats back in the day to choose from, now it just seams out of control with all these bats!

Hagen49

View attachment 63877 This bat was Utrip and the Blue one was ASA. Freak 98 I had for ASA play, which is what we played league ball back in L.I. Now I live down south and everything around here is Utrip. So I was told the envious was the bat to get, just trying to get some feedback on the bat. There were a ton of bats back in the day to choose from, now it just seams out of control with all these bats!
For the most part, Miken only makes 2 or 3 actual different bats. You have a short barrel 12 inch, a long barrel 14 inch, and an occasional oddball. Any short barrel, maxload miken will be the exact same as the Envious with a different paint job.

They are good bats, but if you're just getting back in, you may want to look for a big barrel bat, as it's a bit easier to find the sweet spot.

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
I suggest getting a DC41, as it's borderline impossible to miss the sweet spot; or if you want a short barrel, as the other guys already said, get any Worth or Miken 12" with a half ounce end-load for much cheaper than the 'exclusive' Envious.

Good luck.

-G

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
View attachment 63877 This bat was Utrip and the Blue one was ASA. Freak 98 I had for ASA play, which is what we played league ball back in L.I. Now I live down south and everything around here is Utrip. So I was told the envious was the bat to get, just trying to get some feedback on the bat. There were a ton of bats back in the day to choose from, now it just seams out of control with all these bats!
It's widely assumed to be a repaint, and as an exclusive it will cost a lot more than singular models. That bat is like a freak x or kp 23. They're all very good bats, and won't take as much bp as you're old bats did.

zarayari

what size did you have in this? would you sell it?

zarayari

still got the synergy+?

Kiwipitcher

Still selling this bat?