Looking For Bat Tester

jeanne5

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking for a used or inexpensive softball bat barrel compression tester for my personal use. Cant' swing the new retail cost of $800+. I have 10-15 bats I need to evaluate and make some decisions.

jbrown3

Addicted to Softballfans
Or he's looking to have one for a rec league that eveyone brings their shaved stuff to, just so he can call them out. That's what i wouldnt mind having one for. Or another possibility is that he plays nothing but leagues with compression testing and wants to be able to see if his legit OG stuff will still pass or not....but it doesnt hurt to know if the worked stuff will pass or not too haha

Dallusglockin

BP All-Star
You could use clamps, dial indicators, and math to figure out if bats will pass compression. It's much cheaper too.

thaynes

If he has that many bats that he plans on testing he must have one that will pass compression that night that he could use. Theres really no reason a non director would need one.

VF500Racer

Addicted to Softballfans
If he has that many bats that he plans on testing he must have one that will pass compression that night that he could use. Theres really no reason a non director would need one.

Ding ding winner winner chicken dinner!:D

jbrown3

Addicted to Softballfans
What about Jean-Claude Van Damme?!?! Or maybe I just should not have called the thread creator a "he" lol

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
It's hollywood. It's all make believe. He's a she, how else he gonna do those splits? He would have to have his testicles sliced in half. Maybe he is just a hermaphrodite.

thaynes

Jvd was the jean I was getting at. Anyways who say that's their actual name. Are you really a stork? Really I'm just babbling so carry on

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I have no kids and have never brought kids into this world(that I know of), so it is a little mis-leading.

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
I know team managers that comp test his own squads bats before tourneys to keep it one hunnit...

thaynes

does it matter why he wants a tester? they always say the guilty ones point the 1st finger..
Come check my bats wise guy
I know team managers that comp test his own squads bats before tourneys to keep it one hunnit...

Meh maybe, it's still on the player either way. If i took a bat to a tourney that didn't pass it gets tossed. My manager has no probs. Btw your new any sucks :p

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
The guy wants a compression tester..... must means he wants to check all his shaved bats. .... ****ing idiots... they don't even make a big enough rolleyes gif for this ****

greenpathy

Addicted to Softballfans
Why else would he need it? If he has 15 bats one of them will pass if they're tested

why do you keep thinking he has such non moral motives ?
from what i keep reading the only one bringing up shaved bats is you..
its a yes -no answer.

i saw in one of your last post ("come check my bats"), now maybe you can see how it feels when someone blames you for something you havent done.

i dont know either of you, but just try to stop all the freaking bad mouthing up here. we are up here to help, if you don't know the answer why even say or try to start crap like that.

thaynes

I don't care one bit as I know my stuff isn't shaved. I just asked a simple question that has yet to he answered.

greenpathy

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking for a used or inexpensive softball bat barrel compression tester for my personal use. Cant' swing the new retail cost of $800+. I have 10-15 bats I need to evaluate and make some decisions.

only he can answer why he truely needs a tester, but have you ever considered that he may have a few that are close to failing and he would like to use them as bp bats only?

VF500Racer

Addicted to Softballfans
Lets ask this question another way:

If the OP only have a few bats,
why not take it down to the local league
or tournament that has a tester?
It would be for free and there would be
no penalties for NOT using any failed bats.

WHY would he need to continuously test bats?
What does he need them for? How many bats?
How can he justify the expenses for acquiring a tester?
Why not just buy some $150 NIW bats w/ receipts
if some bats are questionable? Cheaper than a tester.

The only person WHO really need to continuously
test/monitor bats in quantity = TD/LD's...

NO other single other person NEEDS to do this
on a consistent weekly/monthly/yearly basis,
not even the umps need to do this....
Think about it...

thaynes

Lets ask this question another way:

If the OP only have a few bats,
why not take it down to the local league
or tournament that has a tester?
It would be for free and there would be
no penalties for NOT using any failed bats.

WHY would he need to continuously test bats?
What does he need them for? How many bats?
How can he justify the expenses for acquiring a tester?
Why not just buy some $150 NIW bats w/ receipts
if some bats are questionable? Cheaper than a tester.

The only person WHO really need to continuously
test/monitor bats in quantity = TD/LD's...

NO other single other person NEEDS to do this
on a consistent weekly/monthly/yearly basis,
not even the umps need to do this....
Think about it...

Get outta here with your logical and rational thinking:ban::wtf2:

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Typical conspiracy theorists on sbf.... dude is looking for a bat tester... In all reality and honesty he doesn't have to explain or justify his reasons to anybody on here. ... is just typical for sbf members to automatically assume it's to test shaved bats and then come up with 50 other scenarios of what he could do rather than just get the ****ing tester he is looking for

thaynes

Typical conspiracy theorists on sbf.... dude is looking for a bat tester... In all reality and honesty he doesn't have to explain or justify his reasons to anybody on here. ... is just typical for sbf members to automatically assume it's to test shaved bats and then come up with 50 other scenarios of what he could do rather than just get the ****ing tester he is looking for

He absolutely can. Just like I can buy 5000 poinds of fertilizer, but for a non farmer to buy that its gonna look sketchy