Looking for Help with a new tournament

MWej54

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey fellow board members:

This summer I am putting together a softball tournament and was wondering if anyone would be interested in donating something for the cause (would be a 50/50 raffle and auction/bidding type deal). Anything would be helpful. Just looking for people to help and get their names/companies out there (I am in Milwaukee, WI). Let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Mike

If you would like more information, I could provide that to you.

Send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE if interested.

Thanks.

22justin82

Addicted to Softballfans
Maybe contact Themshirts, they got plenty of board bros money. Maybe he will pitch ya something.

BUt no if I were you I would just make up a flyer and put all the information on the flyer. Go door to door to business', and distribut the flyer. DOn't skip over any. If you pass out to 100 business and get 10 things back I would call that a success.

Crash1207

The BUNT Guy
Justin is correct. In today's economy, getting a business/corporation on board for your event is increasingly difficult. A lot of places just aren't doing that anymore. So in order to win a place over, you'll need to look polished and organized. Remember...they can get their name out there for free on Facebook and probably be seen by way more people than what you can provide. So you'll need to sell them on it. And be prepared to be rejected 90+% of the time.

Is your tournament benefitting someone or some charity? You'll obviously want to be very up front and clear about that if you are. And if you are benefitting a charity, you'll want to set that relationship up before you go asking for donations and such because companies will want to know you're legitimate and you're not looking to get donations in order to run a tournament and pocket all the proceeds.