Looking for some advice on new gloves

Adam22

Hey guys, don't post much but I'm a long time lurker. This past summer I got back into softball after a few years hiatus and fell back in love with it. A long story short, after signing up for fall ball and winter ball in the dome that we have here, I've decided that I want to invest in a high quality glove, as the ones I've been using, though good are not built to last as they were bought to try if I liked it and what not.

Here's my issue, the amount of knowledge between glove models is outrageous, and the knowledge from a lot of the board members here is nothing short of impressive. I'm not a total dunce when it comes to glove models etc but there are some aspects that I still am unsure about which is where I'm hoping some of y'all can help me.

I've decided to use a hardball glove for softball, not uncommon just personal preference as I like the way they sit on my hand instead of going all the way up to my wrist on the soft ball ones, in a size anywhere between a 12.5 and a 13" with an H web. again, size is not as big of concern to me as the pocket post break in and the overall quality of the glove.

A couple that I looked at and was hoping someone could point out some major differences include

Rawlings HOH PRO303-6CFS - This seems to be one of the front runners right now as there is quite a bit of feedback on it, though from what I've read it plays narrow? The price is nice and reviews rave about it as well.

Wilson A2000 1799- Seems to be Wilson's direct competitor to the Rawlings that I mentioned, reviews on this glove online tend to be kind of limited however.

Easton Legacy Elite- This glove as well as the one below intrigues me because I have seen the infielders version in person and it is a very nice glove, just looking for overall feedback

Marucci Founders series- Again, have worn the infielders glove and though stiff as a board was extremely light, but again any information on the bigger sizes tends to be impossible to find.

My biggest concern is fit, since there are not many quality baseball shops near me I will most likely be going online to purchase. I don't want it to feel sloppy. but I also don't wan't it to feel too small at the same time.

And if there are any other suggestions, please post them as well as why you think it could be a possibility, I apologize for the long post but I'm really hoping to gather some more info to lead me to a glove.

Cheers guys

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
You can't really go wrong with any of those. And if you pick any of those up and don't let how they fit/feel it'll be an easy re-sell since they're high quality. I can't speak on the rawlings as I haven't had that particular model but I've had the pro303-6jbt and didn't think that it was narrow. The 1799 is great for softball. The handstall is on the bigger side but it can be adjusted/modified to provide a more snug fit. I wear M batting gloves and made it fit comfortably with no issue. Def has a big pocket. The Marucci's are nice from what I've heard. I think the 12.75 plays a little small if I remember right. Those new Eastons that GloveCowboy has coming out are fire. Since I'm a mizuno guy I'd say check out the new pro or pro select line as well.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
OP, what position are you playing? If IF and you don't mind waiting for February 2018, check out the A2000 SP125. 12.5" H-web and there will be 3 color options to choose from. Message @milocoman for pre-ordet pricing. However, it is a slowpitch model (but it was designed for use with baseball as well).

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
But if I were you (and you haven't already done so), I'd go to a local Richards (or other shop that has high end gloves) to try them out yourself.

MaverickAH

There are several on-line stores that have generous return policies as long as the products are still in new condition. It's possible to purchase all 4 of the gloves you're interested in, examine them, select the one you like & return the ones you decide not to keep for a full refund.

Party mafia

OP, what position are you playing? If IF and you don't mind waiting for February 2018, check out the A2000 SP125. 12.5" H-web and there will be 3 color options to choose from. Message @milocoman for pre-ordet pricing. However, it is a slowpitch model (but it was designed for use with baseball as well).
here's the thread for the sp125 version 2.0
http://forums.softballfans.com/thre...thread-season-ii.1442630/page-3#post-18913516

Wonder if we don't get 18 pre-order each for the 3 options, will we still get the sp125 version 2.0 by feb 1, 2018?

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I tend to agree with Mav about buying a couple and returning the ones you don't choose. BUt that could mean adding $1,000 to your credit card bill until you make the return. BUt buying 2 and returning 1 is probably a good idea if you can swing it.

What size batting glove do you wear and do you like to hold your glove regular or TIP (two in pinkie)?

Adam22

I generally play in the outfield, but on occasion have played third/ss when needed. My only issue with ordering a bunch of gloves online from retailers is the shipping hassle that it would be to ship to canada, as well as not wanting to overload my visa haha.

I'm generally an L in batting gloves, sometimes an M depending on the make, I have short fingers in comparison to my palm so that makes finding good fitting batting gloves tough.

I appreciate all the info that you guys have given so far! it's been great.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Canada has a couple shops (not sure where you are though). I would check Wilson's Glove of the Month participating dealer list (can be found on their website) for the nearest store to you. If they're on that list, they'll probably have HOH's and PP's too.

If you decide to order online, make sure the return policy does not include a restocking fee for returns (many offer free exchanges for a different model but some online stores do charge a restocking fee).

Legend 94

Addicted to Softballfans
Being from Canada I'm not sure if you are close to a HR Sports but they often carry a good selection of high end gloves.