Looking to buy a new glove...

Hambo

Starting Player
Alright, so I've been playing with the same cheap, crappy Easton glove for the past 5 years and I'm finally sick of it... It's time for an upgrade.

I'm looking to spend about $150-200 on a new glove. I play mostly outfield and plan on it being a 12.75" glove. I'm looking for something comfortable and not too heavy. My biggest complaint with my current glove is that it weighs a ton and is really stiff (even after 5 years it has barely broken in). I'd like something a little lighter and flexible.

I've had my eye on the Rawlings HoH Solid Core PRO127TSC glove. Anyone have any experience with this glove or similar ones?

Any other suggestions in that size/price range?

Tomasik14

The Veteran
Do you have to have nwt? Boards have a ton to choose from. I've never used the solid-core but the regular HOH's I've had always loved. Gaming a cvdm right now.

Hambo

Starting Player
No, does not need to be NWT. I'll hit up the boards and see what I find. I was asking more so for general suggestions as I've never done much research on the gloves that are out there.

Tomasik14

The Veteran
I'd look at the boards first, cross reference that with other reviews, check the "How's it plays" thread, find one you like and then buy.

mikgars

Manager
If you want a 12.75 Rawlings, that isn't to stiff, check out a HOH dual core model its still leather supplied by Horween but its the featherlite leather and will break in pretty quick.

Hambo

Starting Player
If you want a 12.75 Rawlings, that isn't to stiff, check out a HOH dual core model its still leather supplied by Horween but its the featherlite leather and will break in pretty quick.

Thanks! I will absolutely check that out!

Jomatty

Starting Player
With a little searching the global elite vop can be had in your price range. If you like softer leather that would be a good choice.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
A PRO302CVDM won't take long to break in and they are about 23 oz. But the GGE70VBK is a solid choice.

Hambo

Starting Player
A PRO302CVDM won't take long to break in and they are about 23 oz. But the GGE70VBK is a solid choice.

I was looking at the PRO302CVDM last night and really like the fact that it's a lighter glove but am a little worried about how the mesh holds up over time. Anyone with any experience with the Pro Mesh gloves?

Tomasik14

The Veteran
I've been gaming mine all year so far no problems, love it. Saw one where the mid finger lace ripped but Rawlings took care of that pretty quick. I got mine quite cheap though, seem to be going up for some reason now...

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I relaced the mid-finger lace on my CVDM so that it goes through the leather at the web rather than only through the mesh.