Looky here, my custom NP6 finally showed!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
One thing I did want to mention about this NP6 for anyone who may be interested in a 12" glove.........you may remember for some very stupid reason I decided to sell my 12.25" Spring Training Pro1000 in November, still no logical reason why I did that?:rolleyes:

Last night after the wife and kids went to bed, I was watching TV and just hand shaping and forming this NP6 on the carpet, it really occurred to me that this glove......hand stall size, width of your hand spread, finger stall diameter, everything, feels EXACTLY like that Pro1000 inside!

In fact, blindfolded, it would be really hard to tell the two apart. This glove actually feels and looks exactly like a 12.25" Pro1000 except the the fold over palm / crotch, which I personally think the NP series look better than the Pro200 series......but I know that's subjective.

It's a very full size 12" glove, a little bigger than that 12.25" Spring Trainer and definitely bigger than a DM Pro1000-HC but with a hand stall size that's still on par with the Pro1000 that many more people are familiar with.

NYC

Swag on 100.
I'm pretty sure I've seen a Rawlings custom that had the brown lining also have brown finger stalls. I know the pro issued Arenado model had it, my horween PROTT2 also had brown lining and brown finger stalls. Seems like 98% of gloves will have the black finger stalls and every now and then we'll get it with all brown. BTW my prott2 that had it was a much stiffer leather than the black squishy.
If you look closely you can see it on this autographed pro issue Nado...
thumb.aspx

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
NP7 H-web will be my next custom, without a doubt.

This is a beautiful glove. Well done.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks Felks, you and Bow had a small hand in it with the VG embroidery ;). I finally listened to reason!

I'm pretty sure I flip flopped on the VG vs. Scarlet, but you made the right choice. Scarlet would have been too many colours on it.

And I love the vegas gold stitch on the black leather as well. Wasn't sure how that would come out.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I'm pretty sure I flip flopped on the VG vs. Scarlet, but you made the right choice. Scarlet would have been too many colours on it.

And I love the vegas gold stitch on the black leather as well. Wasn't sure how that would come out.
I’m super happy with it!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
AD,

Out of curiosity……. What do you use to take your photos?

With the iPad.......point, focus, and shoot! That’s all you’re getting from me, I know zero about photography!

David the Gnome, moren025, Hunt, and mpk have always impressed me with their photos!

MaverickAH

It's part you! Good lighting...... Good presentation...... That's not the iPad...… ;)

I'm in the process of setting up a pictorial of part of my seriously out-of-hand :eek: collection. It's going to take a few days though. I'm going to have to do it in a separate thread.

I really, really need to sell off some stuff...……. :(

12ax7

ANNASDAD,

If you could compare your NP6 and NP7, imagining the I web was on the NP6. How deep would your say the imagined NP6 with an I web would be? Ultimately Im looking for the depth of an NP6 I web. Do you hypothesize the pocket would be too shallow for a 12 inch softball?

Thoughts, Questions, Concerns or Comments?

And yes I did just get a 206 with a H web Monday, but hey collections have to start somewhere right!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Good morning. Uh-oh, looks like someone has been bit hard by the custom bug! I brought both of my NP's to work to get you a couple of measurements.

Couple of questions........what model is that you mocked up in the other thread, I can't tell what it is? And is that new Pro206 smaller than you were expecting?

I know we're just "hypothesizing" here, but I think a I-web NP6 will work more than fine with a 12" softball, that's exactly what I had mocked up well over a year ago, I went with an H-web because I'd just got the I-web NP7.

Some measurements:

NP6 H-web is 4.5" wide at the top bar of the web.
NP7 I-web is too, exactly 4.5'.

Middle bar on the H-web is just a tad over 4.25".
Really no way to get a comparable measurement at the middle of the I-web, the distance between the thumb and pinkie in the middle of the web is 3.75", so disregard this measurement. I know this looks off.......I bet I measured this 3 or 4 different times, why would the NP6 middle bar be wider than the 7 right there? I'm sure it's probably me:rolleyes:.

And again, no way to get an accurate measurement of the height of the web, the H-web has a base and the I-web doesn't. BUT......on the palm side measuring from the center of the crotch to the top center of the web spiral lace, the NP6 H-web is 5.625" and so is the I-web NP7, exactly! That's 5 5/8" to you non fractional people:D.

The big difference in the size of these two gloves, to me is the heel and palm size.....they're both 4 loop openings, across the flat of the heel binding opening the NP6 is 3.25", the NP7 is almost 3.5" but not quite, actually 3 3/8". So the openings are close.

But with both gloves relaxed the measurement on the palm side at the thumb and pinkie creases....the NP6 is 3.5" and the NP7 is almost
4 1/8" wide, so a very noticeable difference! Not very scientific I know!

Hope this helps some, I would have added measurement pics......all the guys are getting cranked up here at work, time to go hand out warm milk bottles and pacifiers:rolleyes:.

12ax7

Good morning. Uh-oh, looks like someone has been bit hard by the custom bug! I brought both of my NP's to work to get you a couple of measurements.

Couple of questions........what model is that you mocked up in the other thread, I can't tell what it is? And is that new Pro206 smaller than you were expecting?

I know we're just "hypothesizing" here, but I think a I-web NP6 will work more than fine with a 12" softball, that's exactly what I had mocked up well over a year ago, I went with an H-web because I'd just got the I-web NP7.

Some measurements:

NP6 H-web is 4.5" wide at the top bar of the web.
NP7 I-web is too, exactly 4.5'.

Middle bar on the H-web is just a tad over 4.25".
Really no way to get a comparable measurement at the middle of the I-web, the distance between the thumb and pinkie in the middle of the web is 3.75", so disregard this measurement. I know this looks off.......I bet I measured this 3 or 4 different times, why would the NP6 middle bar be wider than the 7 right there? I'm sure it's probably me:rolleyes:.

And again, no way to get an accurate measurement of the height of the web, the H-web has a base and the I-web doesn't. BUT......on the palm side measuring from the center of the crotch to the top center of the web spiral lace, the NP6 H-web is 5.625" and so is the I-web NP7, exactly! That's 5 5/8" to you non fractional people:D.

The big difference in the size of these two gloves, to me is the heel and palm size.....they're both 4 loop openings, across the flat of the heel binding opening the NP6 is 3.25", the NP7 is almost 3.5" but not quite, actually 3 3/8". So the openings are close.

But with both gloves relaxed the measurement on the palm side at the thumb and pinkie creases....the NP6 is 3.5" and the NP7 is almost
4 1/8" wide, so a very noticeable difference! Not very scientific I know!

Hope this helps some, I would have added measurement pics......all the guys are getting cranked up here at work, time to go hand out warm milk bottles and pacifiers:rolleyes:.

I greatly appreciate the feedback. Overall I love the 206, and my logic is If one glove is good, 2 would be better, 3 great, and so on :)

I ask the question as any custom I do order, I still want it to be playable from a softball perspective, so it helps justify the expenditure to the boss lady. I really like the 12inch pattern for middle infield, which is where I generally play, so Im going to stick there, but experiment with different web and pattern options.

Also the other thread is an 11 3/4 wing tip, little to small for softball, but I LOVE that wingtip and it will probably be my next custom.

Again Really appreciate the feedback!!