Lost bat this weekend :(

xLongBallx

I may have a problem.....
Held a tourny this weekend...... thanks for all who came out.
It was our 1st tournament we have ran and overall thought it went pretty well.
Next time we will deff be paying umpires. (srry bout that guys)

anyway, I was not playing in the tourny and a friend of mine wanted to use one of my bats and i agreed. Well throughout the day the bat was put in a dugout and somebody walked off with the bat.......

so if you were at the waterford tournament in MI and know the(a) person who has seen or has the bat i would like it back. (not holding my breath)

its a 27oz returnable Miken freak plus has 1 strip of hockey tape around grip by knob. and half torn sticker that is sun faded but still legible.
Pics in album

But who takes a bat when they KNOW its not theirs?

any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

/end rant

Toph

Addicted to Softballfans
"But who takes a bat when they KNOW its not theirs?"

I think that's the definition of theft and unfortunately it's very prevalent in our POS society.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
This is why I'm always a little paranoid when I put when one of my high end sticks up against the fence.

T2RACING

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea.. My first game a couple of weeks ago someone went thru my bag inbetween tourny games and took my oakleys.... that was a nice welcome to the league///

Benched02

Addicted to Softballfans
Its ridiculous when you cant buy anything anymore without wondering when it will get stolen.

xLongBallx

doubt i will find it.....the responsibilty of the bat was passed along from person to person throughout the day....just wanted to vent, and hopefully anyone on this board who has stolen something, they will feel like a major DBAG

Benched02

Addicted to Softballfans
Best bet would be to just pay attention when out at the fields, craigslist, ebay.

Last edited:

whatsaHR?

Addicted to Softballfans
Was playing this weekend and there was a guy that came into our dugout to get some water for his kid while my team was on defense. Thought nothing of it. A little while later, he came back in and I am thinking WTF???? So now I am watching him as he leaves. This fella slows down and was straight up eye-balling every single bat that was on the outside of the dug out area. I went over and grabbed each bat and brought them in and let other players know to keep an eye on this bat stalker.

Another point in the day, walking around in the bar area at our BLD, saw a bat lying outside and next to a guys bag. Walked up to him to tell him to get that thing inside a bag. Have heard too many stories of how someone just walks up and its gone.

xLongBallx

Was playing this weekend and there was a guy that came into our dugout to get some water for his kid while my team was on defense. Thought nothing of it. A little while later, he came back in and I am thinking WTF???? So now I am watching him as he leaves. This fella slows down and was straight up eye-balling every single bat that was on the outside of the dug out area. I went over and grabbed each bat and brought them in and let other players know to keep an eye on this bat stalker.

Another point in the day, walking around in the bar area at our BLD, saw a bat lying outside and next to a guys bag. Walked up to him to tell him to get that thing inside a bag. Have heard too many stories of how someone just walks up and its gone.

its ridiculous...........

xLongBallx

im not saying that didnt happen, but if they did, they had the phone number for the guy who set up the tourny, would think a phone call would have come by now...

hunklove

Addicted to Softballfans
Held a tourny this weekend...... thanks for all who came out.
It was our 1st tournament we have ran and overall thought it went pretty well.
Next time we will deff be paying umpires. (srry bout that guys)

anyway, I was not playing in the tourny and a friend of mine wanted to use one of my bats and i agreed. Well throughout the day the bat was put in a dugout and somebody walked off with the bat.......

so if you were at the waterford tournament in MI and know the(a) person who has seen or has the bat i would like it back. (not holding my breath)

its a 27oz returnable Miken freak plus has 1 strip of hockey tape around grip by knob. and half torn sticker that is sun faded but still legible.
Pics in album

But who takes a bat when they KNOW its not theirs?

any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

/end rant

Sorry to hear this bro. I know it sucks to get something stolen but if you lent it to a friend then he was the one responsible for it. He should man up and replace it for you. A few years ago two guys on my team borrowed a bat and it got stolen. From a CHURCH LEAGUE to boot. They went in together to replace it for the guy that they borrowed it off of.

guyinpink

Addicted to Softballfans
I never really understand how this excuse works.

I did this a couple weeks ago after our league game. We were the last game of the night, everyone had cleared out of the dugout, but there was a random glove on the bench. Asked everyone still at the field if it was theirs or knew who's it was. No one did, so I put it in my bag thinking that the person looking for it would be around when league started back up in a few weeks.

Benched02

Addicted to Softballfans
I did this a couple weeks ago after our league game. We were the last game of the night, everyone had cleared out of the dugout, but there was a random glove on the bench. Asked everyone still at the field if it was theirs or knew who's it was. No one did, so I put it in my bag thinking that the person looking for it would be around when league started back up in a few weeks.

That's a team member thing to do. But I'm under the impression that either OP or his friend asked his teammates about it already. So either one of his teammates is lying about it, or his friend accidentally left it in the dugout. Then a guy on another team coming into the dugout after them snagged it up to keep as his own. Either way I'm guessing this bat his history, and his friend needs to come up with some cash an pick him up one on here...seeing how he's responsible for it.

GoldenBoy

Addicted to Softballfans
doubt i will find it.....the responsibilty of the bat was passed along from person to person throughout the day....just wanted to vent, and hopefully anyone on this board who has stolen something, they will feel like a major DBAG

How could this be, shouldn't your friend be the one responsible for it if he asked to use it?:confused:

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
Since he needed to borrow a bat, he's probably not used to keeping an eye one. I bet he left it and just forgot about it.. Obviously if you borrow a bat and lose it you need to replace, nomatter how it happened.

GoldenBoy

Addicted to Softballfans
Since he needed to borrow a bat, he's probably not used to keeping an eye one. I bet he left it and just forgot about it.. Obviously if you borrow a bat and lose it you need to replace, nomatter how it happened.

My point exactly.

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD

LOL so was the guy lending it to other people all day?

fluffy24

Wonder Mijo
Somehow a Freak+ ended up in our bat collection after a game at BLD Riverside a couple weeks ago...ump must have tossed it the wrong way. Anyway dude walked off without it...we turned it in hopefully some BLD staffer didn't come up.

xLongBallx

i was running around all day because another guy and me were actually running the tourny. The person i lent the bat to used it and another person used it for the HR derby we had held. Somehow that bat got into the hands of one of my friends 12y/o little boy. He left it in a dugout and it wasnt seen afterward.

Just all effed up IMO but **** happens, hopefully itll turn up. Worst case is my old lady felt bad and said i could get a couple more bats! so with the green light im gonna pick up a couple more.

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
i was running around all day because another guy and me were actually running the tourny. The person i lent the bat to used it and another person used it for the HR derby we had held. Somehow that bat got into the hands of one of my friends 12y/o little boy. He left it in a dugout and it wasnt seen afterward.

Just all effed up IMO but **** happens, hopefully itll turn up. Worst case is my old lady felt bad and said i could get a couple more bats! so with the green light im gonna pick up a couple more.

So don't cry about it if some dumb ass kid left it in a dugout and blame people for stealing it. You're friends and idiot too btw.lol Hopefully you learned your lesson.