LS 240 bats are overpriced trash

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I'm going to just come out and say it.... these bats f'ing suck. Louisville's line of 240s perform very well, for the extremely few swings you get out of them.

Everyone I know who swings them keeps having them break well within 100 swings. I can't figure out why this company has such a bunch of fanboys all of a sudden. They make a completely junky product, and charge out the ass for their bats.

To each their own I suppose, but LS is simply not an economical option for USSSA 240 bats. I've even known guys who caved these things in only hitting .52 balls.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
We all know by now It's all about that instant gratification with too many people these days. I keep trying to justify trying one out but as you mentioned, the price point on them are absolutely ass. We played a team end of season last year, guys I've played with/against that were ok hitters that pulled out a couple genys and each of the three of them hit shots well over and the look on their faces was comical. They couldn't believe themselves, that they actually hit one over lol. Not sure if they were 220's or 240's but jeez it was so stupid to watch that crap. Lol

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've literally seen them last thousand swings too. Their qc I is clearly lacking, but I think the fragile ones are the exception and not the rule.

I have the 4tf, but I haven't swing it yet we'll see.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
We all know by now It's all about that instant gratification with too many people these days. I keep trying to justify trying one out but as you mentioned, the price point on them are absolutely ass. We played a team end of season last year, guys I've played with/against that were ok hitters that pulled out a couple genys and each of the three of them hit shots well over and the look on their faces was comical. They couldn't believe themselves, that they actually hit one over lol. Not sure if they were 220's or 240's but jeez it was so stupid to watch that crap. Lol

Yeah, the bats are hot right away. I've seen plenty of lousy hitters look like major players. Problem is, the bats are built like pinatas. They crack like eggshells in very few swings.

LS 240 bats don't survive at all in cold weather with .44 400 balls.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not knowing break bats, but at their price point nah.. I would consider trying one, it would have to be well under $200 tho.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
see if their customer service falls back to denying claims like they did with the voltage reissues with the 2013 stamp. or if they start selling unwarrantied bats like they did with the Z2000.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
They've always been all over the place there. Did you know you got unlimited returns on their metal bats back in the day? Me either, but apparently the gen1x got us where we are today. If you swung one of those they were less durable than these genesis.

jhitman

Yeah, the bats are hot right away. I've seen plenty of lousy hitters look like major players. Problem is, the bats are built like pinatas. They crack like eggshells in very few swings.

LS 240 bats don't survive at all in cold weather with .44 400 balls.

That's why I've been reluctant to get one. To get a small amount of extra distance and have it crack in so many fewer swings is just not economical for me. I am sticking with my Miken's as I hit them in any kind of weather and they seem to hold up. If more people would just work on their swings/mechanics and stop worrying about that instant gratification, these companies may have to be forced to make a better product that will last. Just my 2 cents......

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope it's not the short barrels blowing up. I did buy one of those to try.

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
It seems they've fixed the paint cracking issues with the new gloss paints. I'd put these bats at the top of my list for 240 bats.

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Just picked up a South Beach and APG2 . No issues so far with about 200 swings but I'm also not a HR hitter either...lol