LS Pro Flare FGPF14-BKFMB 13" 1b Mitt?

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Anyone have experience with these & care to comment? Looks like it's set up for a wide pocket but pics can be deceiving. I know everyone loves LS's C55 stuff, how's the standard black Pro Flare's? Buddy has a tan/camel 12.75 PF that is built really well, not sure how that transfers to these.

They can be found for $140ish is why I ask, seems like a good price if they're a good pattern with a solid build.

yankees23

Addicted to Softballfans
I picked one up for $119 and read up on it and the main complaint is that the thumb is very uncomfortable. I liked the glove but it was very uncomfortable in the thumb as the reviews stated. I returned it and got a refund. I would rather buy a slightly used HOH and use that and I'm not a super fan of the fastback on first base mitts either.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Glad you came to that decision earlier than I did.

I wasted lots of time and money looking for the right trapper, tried LS, Wilson, etc. and finally settled on the HOH DCT. Closed back trappers just don't do it for me.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Glad you came to that decision earlier than I did.

I wasted lots of time and money looking for the right trapper, tried LS, Wilson, etc. and finally settled on the HOH DCT. Closed back trappers just don't do it for me.

I wouldn't start the search at this point, I've done that song & dance too many times already, fortunate to have these boards. Kinda weird the DCT is so popular but it's the only one like it other than the knockoffs and it's fairly different from all the other offerings.

yankees23

Addicted to Softballfans
Just picked up this albino beauty.

d2da1e2ca8ab85ee597e9f989fbc7bcd.jpg

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Just picked up this albino beauty.

d2da1e2ca8ab85ee597e9f989fbc7bcd.jpg

Brave man picking an all white infield glove, that is a s*xy looking ***** though.

How do you like the web on that? I've been eyeing the Zett DCT knockoff cause it still has the straight bar web that I'd prefer.

yankees23

Addicted to Softballfans
The leather is some of the best I have seen on a DCT model other than a PRODCTJBT with Japanese lather I had.
I don't mind the web at all. I do prefer H web DCT models but they are hard to come by and I am holding onto the two I do own.

433c857b89acf625b8a66b1ea67bf79d.jpg

fe643deea8e1f0bc35f78d494859ee4c.jpg

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I should probably just go with the JBT, I'm loving the leather on my 303JBC even though I typically dislike camel leather.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Damn you & your provocative pics! Black & tan is my favorite to boot, would just need to throw some tan tanners on there & it'd be perfect.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
It's funny because I was expecting the same tan like they use in the 303-6jbt but this is more of a yellow-ish tan. Gold tan maybe?

Its such a sweet glove and overall some of the nicest hoh leather that I've seen. Stiff as a board too.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I was wondering about that cause it does look lighter and I was considering getting a matching JBT too.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
It's somewhere in between the camel on the 303JBC and the tan on the 303-6JBT.

My OCD is happy with a 303JBC and DCTJBT as a matching pair. :thumb: