LTB LS pyramid tapers

GTIDUDE

Star Player
Looking to buy some Louisville Slugger pyramid tapers. Color does not matter. Feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance! Found some. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Committed

These are the best, good luck! I have been telling Legault they need to start selling these as a stand alone item. People are charging $30 a pop!

Looking to buy some Louisville Slugger pyramid tapers. Color does not matter. Feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance!

i'm not familiar with the LS pyramid tapered grips you mention but Markwort Knobkuff are what i have on by bats, $9 for one, many colors to choose from, three pack with blk, blue, red are $17 thru Amazon.

I agree with Committed in his comment above, the idiot is the one spending $30 for the taper, the genius is the one that is able to market and SELL for $30

tonys1

People are paying $300+ for the bat, so trying to make back what they can. They are no more useful or better than grip n rips IMO

dunkky

bat manufacturer should just make all knob small, period, no knob cuff needed. I hate putting more weight on the handle any more than need to.

Batalot

They are actually, pretty easy to make. I've been making them for myself, way before they came out.. only by accident since I wanted a knob cuff, but didn't want the weight of a pre-made cuff. I use a tennis grip, not the over grip, but the tennis grip, bevel cut it to length that I want. wrap it. bevel cut a 2nd piece to the length you want, (you may need to cut it length wise if it's too wide, same for the 3rd cut) wrap it around the first piece and cut it off. same with the 3rd piece. I have found several advantages to it, 1) the pyramid cuff is about .7 to .8 ozs. the one I came up with is like .3 to .35 ozs, a lot lighter, 2nd, It's not very hard or rigid as the plastic ones, and it will mold to your grip. 3rd.. It's about $10, comes in variety of colors and textures and you can make at least 2 per roll of grip. 4th, it comes with self-adhesive, so it will stick. 5th, it feels really good. If you do this, you can customize it to your fingers, if you want narrower shapes or wider shapes, you can cut it to your liking.. I do it by slicing the grip length wise. I also found that you only really need 2 teirs to the pyramid.. with the handle acting as the 3rd tier alone. questions, PM me.

arther itis

payin' to get paid
They are actually, pretty easy to make. I've been making them for myself, way before they came out.. only by accident since I wanted a knob cuff, but didn't want the weight of a pre-made cuff. I use a tennis grip, not the over grip, but the tennis grip, bevel cut it to length that I want. wrap it. bevel cut a 2nd piece to the length you want, (you may need to cut it length wise if it's too wide, same for the 3rd cut) wrap it around the first piece and cut it off. same with the 3rd piece. I have found several advantages to it, 1) the pyramid cuff is about .7 to .8 ozs. the one I came up with is like .3 to .35 ozs, a lot lighter, 2nd, It's not very hard or rigid as the plastic ones, and it will mold to your grip. 3rd.. It's about $10, comes in variety of colors and textures and you can make at least 2 per roll of grip. 4th, it comes with self-adhesive, so it will stick. 5th, it feels really good. If you do this, you can customize it to your fingers, if you want narrower shapes or wider shapes, you can cut it to your liking.. I do it by slicing the grip length wise. I also found that you only really need 2 teirs to the pyramid.. with the handle acting as the 3rd tier alone. questions, PM me.
Any pics of this?

Batalot

Any pics of this?

I'll post it when I can find it.. I've since foregone the whole cupp altogether.. I'll make one if I can't find the pic, it's on FB somewhere. Another thing abou tit, is that, the tennis grip is tapered due to the padding (very slim) but, it kind of makes a gentler edge if you don't cut it.

Batalot

YRlFwmg.jpeg

OK, this was hastly done with a old worn out bat grip, which had no stickum on it, so I taped it with some tennis Head protection tape, which is a cloth tape that doesn't slip.. actually feels good. But you get the idea, you can make it slimmer, fatter or what ever suits your likes the best... Another knob idea, was this.. and I really liked it, using that head tape, This is 1/2 inch pipe insulation.. and the nice thing is. it's doesn't weigh anything.

jl2gtd5.jpg

GTIDUDE

Star Player
Oh I forgot to mention it's for a buddy. Lol. I appreciate all the feedback. I'll suggest my buddy make his own. I personally make my own taper using athletic tape.