LTB a new glove need some advice/help!!!

karr72

So I've been looking to buy a new glove for when I don't play 1b. I think I have settled on a mizuno. Was thinking about getting a GGE70 from the store, but from searching everyone says they play small. I really want to move up to a 12.75 from a 12.5. All that being said I was wondering if the GCP80S played true to size and if it was a far drop in quality from the GGE70. I really don't want to go over $200 for a glove I won't use a great deal, i'd really like to stick in the $125-$175 range. Any help is appreciated, I'm not a huge glove guy, but am slowly starting to wanting to become one!!

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
Yeah really.. If somebody ask about a glove.. The right answer is not go buy a Wilson for every post.. Lol

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
"Any help is appreciated, I'm not a huge glove guy, but am slowly starting to wanting to become one"

This a a slippery slope.. Verry dark road of betrayal, poverty , and debt. Also can turn into shame, quilt, and lies.

bradblah

Weeeeee
ive checked out a few of the classic pro soft series and everyone has seemed to run very small to me. i think for what they cost you could find something that is nicer and will hold up better in the long run. i dont think you're going to find something that runs on the bigger side in a high quality glove in your price range from mizuno. if you stepped up to the GMP line, they are fantastic but they cost a bit more.

if you decide to branch out from miznuo, as jen said the wilson 1799 or ELO-B are great options....as is the rawlings 302/303 series. they can definitely be had in your price range.

karr72

Thanks for the help guys, im looking for an h-web or a mod trap to play the infield with when I don't play first......im gonna check out the gloves everyone recommended any more advice would still help thanks again!