March Madness Thread

AmmoDawg

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
being #1 and even the idea of being #1 seems to be a curse for the big 12.

No doubt! I don't like KU ever being #1 cause then it goes to their head...

EJ as the PG will be the difference in how deep a run KU will make IMO...

Lwa42

SEC Champs :)

photos

congrats on that. your guys looked good the second half.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
KU can't play well enough in consecutive games to win the title.....no idea why they can't seem to bring their A game day in and day out......i think they're in the final four.

I'll take Pitt right now to win it all.....w/ a 1A on Duke

Hell, KSU can beat anyone but they're peaking just a little early.....would not be surpised to see them either flop or make the final 4

AmmoDawg

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
True Primo, but I think a little more consistancy will be there with EJ at PG instead of TT or Selby. TRob being 100% would help tremendously too.

I would go Duke then Pitt.

As stated earlier...if Pullen is on, then KSU is on. Shut him down and they'll be done...

Primo

fat and famous pablo
True Primo, but I think a little more consistancy will be there with EJ at PG instead of TT or Selby. TRob being 100% would help tremendously too.

As stated earlier...if Pullen is on, then KSU is on. Shut him down and they'll be done...
Taylor is alreayd back......and i think he's the biggest reason for KU's inconsistency.......they'd have been better off cutting him for good.

Jayrock

Will Play for Bud Light!

Duke's biggest weakness is lack of production out of the post. Mason Plumlee has shown signs of greatness but didn't have that typically big step from freshman to sophomore year. His bro Miles has taken a step back for last season and its hurting Duke, they were expected to step in and fill the Thomas/Zubek role of great rebounders and shot blockers. Mason has done it but not night in and night out and Ryan Kelly is eating up most of Miles' minutes.

KU on the other hand for the games I have seen is up and down like i roller coaster. They blow out #14 Mizzuo then lose to K-state the next week. Seems like more a lack of focus. They should be able to pull it together and win 4-6 , they will make the final 4 and have a shot at the NC.

AmmoDawg

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Duke's biggest weakness is lack of production out of the post. Mason Plumlee has shown signs of greatness but didn't have that typically big step from freshman to sophomore year. His bro Miles has taken a step back for last season and its hurting Duke, they were expected to step in and fill the Thomas/Zubek role of great rebounders and shot blockers. Mason has done it but not night in and night out and Ryan Kelly is eating up most of Miles' minutes.

KU on the other hand for the games I have seen is up and down like i roller coaster. They blow out #14 Mizzuo then lose to K-state the next week. Seems like more a lack of focus. They should be able to pull it together and win 4-6 , they will make the final 4 and have a shot at the NC.

The game against UNC will be a good one to watch. Another team to watch if they can get it back together is Texas in my opinion.

KU has the talent and good depth, but as you said...they lose focus easily. Losing to UT is kinda "okay" to swallow given the circumstances with TRob, but I think the #1 ranking and what happened at the Phog went to their heads when they played KSU...

Go Blue !!!!

DBO and Solo King !
George Mason, Xavier, and Oakland are 3 teams i wouldn`t want to face early....also if Michigan State can get in , never count out Izzo if they get in...St.johns,UNC,purdue, and Notre Dame are my final 4.....

AmmoDawg

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
George Mason, Xavier, and Oakland are 3 teams i wouldn`t want to face early....also if Michigan State can get in , never count out Izzo if they get in...St.johns,UNC,purdue, and Notre Dame are my final 4.....

I can see Purdue and Notre Dame, but St. Johns and UNC to me aren't long shots...though I don't see it happening. However you never know; which is why March Madness is awesome.

AmmoDawg

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Might second guess that Purdue pick now :rolleyes:

KU wins it's 7th straight regular season championship...Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Primo

fat and famous pablo

you must be drunker than i am.....no OSU, KU, Duke, Pitt or TX????

you're just reaching....so in the 1 adn a gazillion shot it actually happens, you look smart....

Go Blue !!!!

DBO and Solo King !

you're just reaching....so in the 1 adn a gazillion shot it actually happens, you look smart....

I have won my pool 5 straight years and i am going on my feeling....until i get shot down i am sticking to my gut

Go Blue !!!!

DBO and Solo King !

I just can`t weait and see what the matchups are....Now i am thinking Michigan can be a matchup problems for some big dogs..ask Kansas and OSU how then 7 freshman and 0 srs looked..That`s why i love March madness...

Jayrock

Will Play for Bud Light!
Until the brackets come out there are about 10 or so teams with a legit chance to make the final 4. The brackets determine who makes it 90% of the time. In March its all about matchups, your teams strength against their weakness.

Collins

Addicted to Softballfans
At work we do preseason Final Four picks. Went with UK, UCONN, DUKE, KANSAS. Not looking so good now! Would love to throw Ohio St in there but I will stick with my pick.

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
Billy Donovan finally gets his first SEC Coach of the Year and Chandler Parsons gets UF's first SEC Player of the Year.

I can't believe Billy didnt win when he took an unranked team to win the NC.

Fudbelty

I Invented the Budle Play
I will start a free bracket if anybody interested. Will probably be yahoo because that's what I've used in years past and liked it. See how smart or dumb some of us really are.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
I will start a free bracket if anybody interested. Will probably be yahoo because that's what I've used in years past and liked it. See how smart or dumb some of us really are.

i'm interested in doing a bracket even if you decide to do it for a few $$$'s

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Not trying to be a goody goody, but can't do anything for $$ through here.

I still never got those figures about the project we're working on. Email them to me at [email protected] though.

lol, not sure what you are taking about

and as far as not doing anything for $$$ go check the fantasy section, all kinds of money exchanging hands up in there

JoeG3

Doesnt matter, had sex
Oakland looked gooood last night. They played the summit chip here. My buddy is calling for a first round upset.

Fudbelty

I Invented the Budle Play
Oakland looked gooood last night. They played the summit chip here. My buddy is calling for a first round upset.

Just an FYI. You don't win brackets with first round picks. You win them with the second weekend and on picks.

creative10

Banned User
U dont want to play Uconn right now....peaking at the right time!!! And they have the best player in the country firing on all cylanders.