Buyer Beware Marlins97 / Trixx82 glove trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

oveezy

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't know if it's to early to post negative feedback or not. Marlins97 wanted to trade a wilson 1781 PI for my A2K David Wright glove. He offered a few gloves and out of the ones he had this is the one that I chose. He was awesome with his communication and responded to messages sent. He has zero feedback, but stated he was Trixx82 and couldn't use that account anymore. He said to look him up on gloveworks and so I did. He had awesome feedback there. I created an account and saw Rous an awesome board bro here and asked him if he knew of trixx82 he said he is GTG. To make sure Marlins97 was trixx82 I started a thread and asked him to pm me from his account and he did. With Rous' input and everything adding up I decided to go with the trade. We agreed that we would both ship on Friday. He said he would do it on his lunch break. @1pm pacific time I decided to ship my glove to him. I sent him a picture of his tracking number. He responded with the post office Line was to long at lunch so he would go after work. I received an email from him @2:30 PM stating that he would ship the glove in 30mins. Here is where my spidy senses went off. 230 pacific time is 530 eastern time that would mean that he was going to go to the post office @ 6pm or later. I called ups and asked them not to ship my glove because I hadn't been paid for it. If i wouldnt have done this he would have a glove at his front door today and id be in california with my thumb up my ass waiting for a tracking number. Luckily I use them a lot and they held the package for me. I have contacted him several times since Friday and no response at all. I grew up in an area where you have to watch your back so I'm always on gaurd. He hasn't logged in on here and hasn't emailed me. Do I leave him neg feedback or should I wait a week... What do y'all think or can anyone get ahold of him?

Ryan Hudson
905 peconic pl
Upper Marlboro MD 20774

Last edited by a moderator:

oveezy

Addicted to Softballfans
No. I didn't I was hoping he'd mention it, but he hasn't replied at all. I'm sure he has tried the tracking info. You think I should tell him?

oveezy

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey bro. You haven't emailed me or responded to me on sbf. I canceled the shipment of my glove to you. I have not received a tracking number from you. I have the glove boxed and still able to ship it to you. I will still do the trade if you ship first. If not we can go our separate ways. I hope this is just some misunderstanding and you were not trying to burn me.

Robert
This is what I sent him. Just now

crdizzle6288

Addicted to Softballfans
i say take it as a sign and move on... you were lucky enough to stop shipment. just move on and don't do it unless he ships first and you receive the glove before you ship.

oveezy

Addicted to Softballfans
Should I leave him negative feedback????? I don't want another board bro going through this with this guy if he isn't legit.

oveezy

Addicted to Softballfans
I did. I am leaning towards not gtg. Thanks to my place of business using the ups store near by I was able to cancel my glove being shipped, the next guy might not be so lucky. If i can give him a reputation of being shady on the forums I'd rather do that to protect the next guy.

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
mods won't let you leave a ngtg. it would have to be a buyer beware

oveezy

Addicted to Softballfans
No its my lost... If he did have the intentions of doing me dirty I only lost out 18bucks.

oveezy

Addicted to Softballfans
I asked they said they can't because the package was already labeled and ready to ship. Maybe I need to talk to a manager

oveezy

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^^^ Same thought went through my head, but when I saved myself the lost of a mint a2k. I'm ok with a $18 hit.

oveezy

Addicted to Softballfans
I went into the store and shipped the glove. Not just a label a receipt for it and 200$ insurance. I have no intentions of scamming anyone.

oveezy

Addicted to Softballfans
This to me is ngtg. If he felt he could have gotten something better out of his glove he shouldn't have offered it to me. He offered 2 other PI and a mizuno mzp62 saying that it is rare. I don't know much about all the gloves, but I do know that he did not hold his end of the deal.... Hahaha... this **** is funny to me. Marlins97/trixx82 is not GTG in my book.

oveezy

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't want to argue with you but me losing money is ngtg in my book. If you lost out money in a trade I don't think you would be happy. Anyhow thanks for your input.

Joker

No its my lost... If he did have the intentions of doing me dirty I only lost out 18bucks.

Don't want to argue with you but me losing money is ngtg in my book. If you lost out money in a trade I don't think you would be happy. Anyhow thanks for your input.

well which is it?

and have you called UPS to try and get your money back, talked to a manager?

right now he has none of your money or property in his possession and he can't do anything to get that money to you. it's on you to get a refund from UPS

oveezy

Addicted to Softballfans
They both say the same thing. I shouldn't have to go through that in a deal. Just cause im ok with losing $18 compared to a glove, doesnt mean im happy... That's what makes it ngtg.

Joker

They both say the same thing. I shouldn't have to go through that in a deal. Just cause im ok with losing $18 compared to a glove, doesnt mean im happy... That's what makes it ngtg.

no it doesn't

you didn't answer the question about talking to a manager at UPS

sleepin4matty

Management Material
If they didn't ship the item you shouldn't be out the cost of shipping. it's that simple. contact a manager at UPS and you should get your money back

Status
Not open for further replies.