McQuades Combatant Team

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So it sounds like there is plenty of interest in the McQuades Tournament in Bismarck, ND. It's a giant ASA tournament.

The tournament is June 28-30.

Website is here: http://www.mcquades.com/softball.aspx

For starters, we'll need a team manager. Anyone interested?

Go ahead and post here if you're interested in playing. Put what level you play (ASA) and what position(s).

We'll need 11-12 guys, I would think. If we come up short, I'm sure we could pull a couple local non-combatants but I think it'd be more fun if we didn't have to.

So who's in?

NDshotokan - D (OF, EH)
Shanko - Rec
RX7 Omaha - D (P, C, 1B, RF, RC, 2B, EH)
Coop 14 - All Star (P)
djwtp - D (2B, 1B, C, RF, RC, P)
ckeell - D (OF, 2B)
chris21 - C (2B, 3B, MI)
Mizunoguy - D (2B, C, OF)
evergain26 - D (OF, MI, 2B)
Local #1 - D (1B)
Local #2 - C
Local #3 - D (SS)
Local #4 - D (OF)

Last edited:

DW97

Star Player
I originally said I was in, but found out my team is playing that weekend. I may need to get in on Seattle.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
No problem. That's why I wanted to start a new thread. We can get a no bs list. I'm down for a Utrip tourney in MN as well this summer. We should look at dates for that as well. Or maybe get a bunch of Combatants out for the Super Draft.

shanko

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess I'm in, lol. If we play d or higher I would rather be just a sub/3rd base coach I will play if needed but it's way above my skill set. Just want to be honest.

shanko

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm ordering my big mouth net today. Hopefully my m2 will help with the fielding.

rx7_omaha

Outstanding Bad Dealer
I am in, ASA D. Positions P, C, 1st, RF, RC, 2ND, EH. What about jerseys for it? dibs on #15 :D

Last edited:

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll have to check those dates. I'm a D level player myself. Will let you know.
Any idea what we'd be looking at cost wise?

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
We can do something for Jerseys. I'm a fan of simplistic and cheap. Cheap plain white pants if we all want to match, or just a hodge podge is fine by me. But we could do some cheap jerseys from someone on the boards, I'm sure.

Cost wise, I think we can do it cheap. I can't really give an estimate as I don't remember how much team registration is. It's not expensive, I know. A few hundred bucks per team. And if uni's are done cheap we'll be okay.

So just driving and hotels. Although the hotels fill up early, so we may want to start looking at them now.

rx7_omaha

Outstanding Bad Dealer
We can do something for Jerseys. I'm a fan of simplistic and cheap. Cheap plain white pants if we all want to match, or just a hodge podge is fine by me. But we could do some cheap jerseys from someone on the boards, I'm sure.

Cost wise, I think we can do it cheap. I can't really give an estimate as I don't remember how much team registration is. It's not expensive, I know. A few hundred bucks per team. And if uni's are done cheap we'll be okay.

So just driving and hotels. Although the hotels fill up early, so we may want to start looking at them now.

Hotels are going to be the issue. I work for Marriott and all our hotels have special even pricing in effect already. Rates start at $199 per night and might be prepay in full non refundable fyi.

rx7_omaha

Outstanding Bad Dealer
I am in. D asa. pitch/c/eh/1b/rf/beer drinker

Damn I forgot to add beer drinker to my position lol. Mock up some Jerseys but what should they say on them? We can not use COMBAT without having them printed from them I thought. Combatants maybe?

magicman

now you see me...
would like to know cost of everything too...not for sure but here's my info...class D, Positions: SS, 3rd, 2nd

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Hotels are going to be the issue. I work for Marriott and all our hotels have special even pricing in effect already. Rates start at $199 per night and might be prepay in full non refundable fyi.

That's no good. One thing I've done in the past is just go 4-5 to a room. That helps out a ton. Sleeping bags on the floor is GTG. Or else I've got some buddies in Bismarck. I could probably arrange something there. At worst, we could put tents in their yards.

shanko

Addicted to Softballfans
I just expedia'd rooms at the ramada $106. I will check to see if I can write off the tournament cost. If that's the case I will cover a couple hundred or so of the entry fees.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
My personal business may be able to sponsor the team as well. Or I could get my actual team sponsor to help out as well. It's a bar in GF, but I'm sure she'd donate some cash.

coop14

Derby ******
if you need a old pitcher let me know -- I will be there working and sure i could find time to play with a bunch of combatants.

M

MJL 00

Sorry guys my team never miss out on this tourny- BUT I would love to meet up with ya, along with guys like Otejunk, Gath 4, johnnybravo6, E Street, sberger, etc all the other guys form the Bis/Mandan area from SBF. Let me know Friday is a good time to watch ball and drink some koolaid, ok "my" koolaid ;). Look up Corral Bar, owned and run by ball players, great specials during that wkend and usually a band...

bat monger

Combat Advisory staff

I noticed a recurring theme in your statement.

M

MJL 00

We're not all doctors, you know. :)

Hell fellas, bring some tents, can crash in my yard and use my shower. Wife can make her famous jelly shots. Even have a Excursion that can use for a taxi, holds 8 people legally, 15 drunks illegally ;)

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
Hell fellas, bring some tents, can crash in my yard and use my shower. Wife can make her famous jelly shots. Even have a Excursion that can use for a taxi, holds 8 people legally, 15 drunks illegally ;)

This is the goods here!

djwtp

minnesota nice
Put me on the list.I play D and live on the right side of the infield,C, RC, RF and P if needed.