MI Domeball tourny

Fortin151

Extra Hitter
We are going to run a domeball all nighter tourny in Auburn hills near great lakes mall and I-75. Details are not fully organized but we are looking to see how many teams would be interested for around the $225 price range.
Thanks for any interest

Fortin151

Extra Hitter
inside view of the dome.

20121128_194107.jpg

Fortin151

Extra Hitter
Lights have also been added in what would be the outfield or im the green area. Which is also the designated HR area aswell. But overall its not bad. Im lucky enough to play domeball in several different domes locally and this dome has high ceilings and fairly square walls so balls dont jump around to crazy like other domes.

Swilldog

Everyone loves bombs!
I Might Be Able To Bring A Team. Need A Date Asap Tho

oh oh not an A team :O

I am not on here a lot but hit up gennaro in my friends list with a PM with a phone number and details and I'll see bout putting something together.

Fortin151

Extra Hitter
oh lol its josh hahahahahahaha CLI could show josh

Im finally making a softball fans account. Theres a lot of aholes on here. I know swilldog cant retire. You will be like jack. 56 still hitting bombs playing 3 days a week. Ill send ya a text as soon as i get the details ironed out.

Fortin151

Extra Hitter
Ok I feel we have enough good comp to run a good tournament. We have a date of friday march 15/16 This will be a 8 team Tourny double game elimination. Entry will be 250$ this area has a mall very close, it has hotel rooms and bars very close. We will have only one field which is why games will be fast paced. 45 min game limits in order to accomplish the final in 12 hrs. starting at around 8:30 pm friday night. We will have the seed order sorted out before hand and if a team comes from a ways away they will not play first. We have a team from Canada coming, maybe some Ohio, waterfords bests and hopefully other solid teams who want to compete. This will be unlimited HRs, we will have a pitchers screen. The establisment already uses a L screen, which we will also use. I know it eats up alot of the middle but thats what we got. Its unlimited HRs so why hit middle anyways. In the picture you can see the green, HRs will be the second level and up for HRs. Legit HRs. Leftys will be at a disadvantage as usual in a dome. Im a lefty and i know we never get any love but thats life, unless we are outside. Balls will most likely be nothing crazy probably provide your own 44, 375s.
We plan on making it.8 run limit innings, mayb 10. Given that there is unlimited team HRs per a game we still have to make it fair and allow it to be competitve given the 45 min time limits.

Since we have a screen we will allow all usssa,nsa,asa bats , no senior bats.

We will use ASA pitching but lower the arch a little. No fakes. Pitch and smash

The facility is close to having liquer license but it is unsure if it will be up and running by then. So i will let you know before. If anyone is coming from a distance and needs help finding rooms let me know. I will work on trying to get such teams a discount.

Prizes are to be decided but this is a fundraiser and will be very competitive one at that. But as of right now

We are looking at shirts for the winners,

A bat for offensive MVP

And possibly doing somethng for HRs. Maybe even a total team HR thing.
These will be decided very soon as we are still working on some of the details

Any input is welcomed.

Thanks

Last edited:

Eroc13

Boots Come In Pairs
This sounds like fun! IDK if I can get a team around for it myself tho, not sure I would have enough guys willing to travel that far.

strength

Extra Hitter
count me in for sure.

It's a mushball tournament correct? Just got done with Liberty park's dome ball first session and it was a blast.
PM me for details. I've got money and ready to pay up!