Middle Etiquette - League Play

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Middle in league is a douchey thing to do. If it’s an accident, then fine, but on purpose is dumb. You can say a pitcher should be ready all you want, doesn’t change the fact that trying to blow up a pitcher during a league game is an incredibly douchey thing to do.

Lol.......Such an angel..........I'd knock the beer and smoke out of my own mothers hands if she was pitching and I could get a basehit up the middle. Don't want people going middle on you? Don't pitch, or keep everything on their hands.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Lol.......Such an angel..........I'd knock the beer and smoke out of my own mothers hands if she was pitching and I could get a basehit up the middle. Don't want people going middle on you? Don't pitch, or keep everything on their hands.
Easy there tough guy. When your league night pitcher is on the hospital because you started a middle war, you still gonna feel that way?

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Easy there tough guy. When your league night pitcher is on the hospital because you started a middle war, you still gonna feel that way?

Lol!! I said "middle war"? It's all very simple. League is all some people have. Some of the guys on the team don't play tourney ball, so league is the place the come to compete. They're counting on you to compete too. If there is a pitcher trying to throw pitches to get me out........I can't hit the ball to try to get a hit? I have to push a pitch over the middle of the plate? No.....I'll shoot that **** right back up the middle......As I would expect any one to. He can defend himself or bail out......The choice is his.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Lol!! I said "middle war"? It's all very simple. League is all some people have. Some of the guys on the team don't play tourney ball, so league is the place the come to compete. They're counting on you to compete too. If there is a pitcher trying to throw pitches to get me out........I can't hit the ball to try to get a hit? I have to push a pitch over the middle of the plate? No.....I'll shoot that **** right back up the middle......As I would expect any one to. He can defend himself or bail out......The choice is his.
I guess your league nights are a little more intense than most. Like I said, when your pitcher gets hurt because someone doesn’t like you going middle, you might change your mind. Until then, carry on.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I guess your league nights are a little more intense than most. Like I said, when your pitcher gets hurt because someone doesn’t like you going middle, you might change your mind. Until then, carry on.

You're right man.......I have no experience with such things. I will cuddle my pitcher when we get to the field later.....Make him feel safe and protected.

blakcherry329

Can't keep it on their hands if there's no batter's box, which is the case 90% of the time.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Too many tough guys like to shoot middle.
But no one of them are man enough to get on the mound after they do it. It’s league, everyone usually has to work the next day, no need to try and hurt someone who’s just out there to have some fun.

If it’s a tournament, then middle is always open.
Everything you say at the top is just a applicable for tournaments. Everyone still has to go to work.

I don't apologize, as i don't want to be apologized to. I haven't hit a pitcher in years either. Accidents happen, but if you actually care scoot up on the plate and pull it. If you're aiming between me and the mi and you got me its really not an accident. I also don't care of it's an accident because they done hurt any less.

The guy talking trash is way out of line though. I can't lie, i have said it's okay i get to swing too before.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I need to apologize...........I always forget that trying to explain competition and drive to Rec level players is always futile. Sorry guys. I'll remember my place. :)

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
95% of the game is rec level players and most of them have to go to work the next day. if you hit a pitcher on accident, say something. get off your high horse about it being part of the game and be a ****ing human

Why don't you get off your ****ing high horse about high horsing and fix your ****ty swing?

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
What you Sympathetic Suzies seem to forget............Is that 148% of all pitchers in slow pitch softball pitch, because they want to be in control of the game and want to be in the middle of all the action..........Then cry when the ball is hit at them? Lol......Ok.....

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
I don't hit middle a ton but will . I hit primarily 5-6 hole and 4-3 hole singles. liners and grounders. So when teams know me or I've done it 3 times in a row, 6 and 4 will cheat towards the line. And then I'll pound it to either side of the pitcher. Sometimes not often, i get into the pitcher. And I'll say "my bad"

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
What you Sympathetic Suzies seem to forget............Is that 148% of all pitchers in slow pitch softball pitch, because they want to be in control of the game and want to be in the middle of all the action..........Then cry when the ball is hit at them? Lol......Ok.....
Conference Charlie here forgets that league nights are for fun. But go ahead, blow up middle in league and feel good about it. Maybe he will hit me with another sweet rec player diss.

Maybe you should sack up and go pitch for a while.