Middletown, NJ Men's Modified Expansion

Clutch20

Addicted to Softballfans
We are looking to increase the number of teams this year. As of right now we are a strict bowling style pitching & a no bunting league, that could possibly change to more of a sling pitch style & limited bunting.
We play on Friday evenings & nights.

If you have a team or have any questions please email the league at [email protected].

Also we will have a free agent list for those individuals who want to play but do not have a team to play on.

To add your name to the list email the league at [email protected].

nyhack56

Addicted to Softballfans
Hope that happens, Glen. It was a much better league when guys were actually allowed to pitch.

Clutch20

Addicted to Softballfans
Hack & Pat,
I agree with you guys. It will be voted on in a few weeks. A possible scenario will be a lottery if we have enough pitchers to warrant that & that would agree to it. Teams would go into a draft lottery. It would be totally random. That will be my recommendation.
Ray....this is not the league for you. That Toyota will never make it back & forth! Stay in Montvale! :D

blakcherry329

Hack & Pat,
I agree with you guys. It will be voted on in a few weeks. A possible scenario will be a lottery if we have enough pitchers to warrant that & that would agree to it. Teams would go into a draft lottery. It would be totally random. That will be my recommendation.
Ray....this is not the league for you. That Toyota will never make it back & forth! Stay in Montvale! :D

Don't hate on a classic:D

If you ever need guys down there, lmk. I could fill in, in emergencies;)

nyhack56

Addicted to Softballfans
While you're at it, get them to update some of the rules, like allowing a DH for the pitcher. That was the only league I know that the pitcher had to bat, and could only get a runner if he was over 50 years old.

Clutch20

Addicted to Softballfans
Guys.....Wednesday night is the meeting. All the questions & voting will take place then.
I will let you guys know Thursday morning the outcome.

Clutch20

Addicted to Softballfans
We had the meeting last night guys. We voted on the pitching & it had to be unanimous. I proposed the lottery idea & it went over well but not well enough. I had the first vote & voted yes for opening it up. 2nd voter ended it all! Hack you might know who voted this down. I felt the trend was going to be more no votes but it never got that far. In conclusion, the league will remain the same with its current pitching restrictions. I am sorry to be the bearer of such lousy news. It would have been nice to be the league it once was.

As of right now we have 8 teams. The goal is to get 10. If anyone is interested PM me.
Also, if you are a FREE AGENT PM me so I can put you on the list on the website.

nyhack56

Addicted to Softballfans
Next year they should just go to slow pitch. They play with that hard ball and have guys that don't know what they're doing on the mound. Someone is going to get hurt.