miken 52

hitman1313

Addicted to Softballfans
what is the deal with the miken 52? i think it is the highest priced asa miken but have not heard to much about it . is it a dog or is it because it cost so much that it is not selling.

dsmccain

Addicted to Softballfans
its just something that is new. my bro picked one up. i think it hits fine, but not like the next best thing. if you're really curious, just wait it out. used ones will show up at discount prices when people get tired of them

BOLTMAN21

Manager
what is the deal with the miken 52? i think it is the highest priced asa miken but have not heard to much about it . is it a dog or is it because it cost so much that it is not selling.

It is a great bat. That said it is no better than several other top bats from from Miken or different manufacturers. I got one because I was curious about the triple wall design made specifically for 52's. (I also saw one being demo'd on instagram as a prototype and I had to try it, lol) I know all new stamp bats nowadays are made for 52's, but this one warns you several times to not touch 44's with it. I use mine in a league with 52/300 Tattoo's and it hits those real well. I like it alot. Big barrel, nice sweetspot, good feel on contact.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
It is a great bat. That said it is no better than several other top bats from from Miken or different manufacturers. I got one because I was curious about the triple wall design made specifically for 52's. (I also saw one being demo'd on instagram as a prototype and I had to try it, lol) I know all new stamp bats nowadays are made for 52's, but this one warns you several times to not touch 44's with it. I use mine in a league with 52/300 Tattoo's and it hits those real well. I like it alot. Big barrel, nice sweetspot, good feel on contact.

Agree. I have over 1,000 hits on mine and love it. We also use Tattoos 52/300. The one negative thing for me is the handle is thinner than other Mikens. Once I realized that I started using my Evil Grip again and that seem to compensate for the thinner handle with a better grip.

Is it equal to the Triad depends on individual user. It is basically two piece bat vs single wall bat. Take your pick.

MarlSrSoftball

Agree. I have over 1,000 hits on mine and love it. We also use Tattoos 52/300. The one negative thing for me is the handle is thinner than other Mikens. Once I realized that I started using my Evil Grip again and that seem to compensate for the thinner handle with a better grip.

Is it equal to the Triad depends on individual user. It is basically two piece bat vs single wall bat. Take your pick.

For what it is worth 5 players in our leagues have bought one after using mine.

MarlSrSoftball

For what it is worth 5 players in our leagues have bought one after using mine.

Two more players bought one this week and both love it. It is for real

MarlSrSoftball

Just got a new DC-41 may have to pick-up a Freak52 too. I have a buddy that's getting one for $235.00. Does anyone have it cheaper than that?

That is about the cheapest I have come across. When they were unknown they were on EBAY for 229.00 but not anymore.

jhitman

Did you check with Coach for his price?

I did send an e-mail, but didn't get a response about the Freak52 just got a response to the DC-41. I found a better deal on another site on the DC-41 which was surprising because I usually get the best prices right here on softballfans.com.

IDP

Part Time Player
The one negative thing for me is the handle is thinner than other Mikens. Once I realized that I started using my Evil Grip again and that seem to compensate for the thinner handle with a better grip.

whats the handle comparable to? is it as thin as the newer eastons, and does it have a smaller knob than most mikens as well?