Miken DC41 - Knob issues

jhitman

Hey guys,

Over the last 3 months I have swung my DC41's in BP and games. I was at BP in March, swung the bat, ball flies out to the outfield, bat ends up at 3rd base and I look down and the red knob is in my palm. Last night taking a few swings before the games with my 2nd DC41 and the same thing happens again. My question is, has anyone else experienced this knob issue with the white DC41 (red knob)? I was going to try and super glue it back on but afraid it will just come off again. Any suggestions?

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Knob popped off my DC-41, and I tried to epoxy it back on. Bat hit and felt like total garbage after that, so sent it back for warranty return. Weird how the knob of the bat can affect performance that much, but the bat was basically unusable once the knob came off.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
This happened to me a couple weeks ago, i made sure to clear out the plastic parts that were broken in the knob and on the handle. Then i put the knob on until it was flushed, but where i could still take it out. I marked a line so i could put epoxy in the knob and flush it with the handle. Taped the knob to the handle and put a grip on...as good as new...

jhitman

Knob popped off my DC-41, and I tried to epoxy it back on. Bat hit and felt like total garbage after that, so sent it back for warranty return. Weird how the knob of the bat can affect performance that much, but the bat was basically unusable once the knob came off.

Unfortunately mine was past the warranty. I was going to super glue or epoxy it back on, but it sounds like it didn't work for yours. Hit the bat for almost 2 years, no cracks, pretty much still looks like new and the freakin' knob comes off and that bat is ruined.

jhitman

Unfortunately mine was past the warranty. I was going to super glue or epoxy it back on, but it sounds like it didn't work for yours. Hit a bat for almost 2 years, no cracks, pretty much still looks like new and the freakin' knob comes off and that bat is ruined.

MLAT44

Addicted to Softballfans
Same problem with the Worth's.....how hard can it be to epoxy the knob on correctly at the factory. Its sad that this has been an issue for a few years.

Ballisttic

Star Player

This don't make since that it was unusable, there is no special magic happening when the factory glues it in. A good bonding agent and will be good as new.

If the bat felt like garbage there was something else wrong with it, cause the knob has no bearing on performance. Maybe weights shifted in it or something.

Last edited:

Tictac020

Addicted to BP
If the bats got the smaller black knob its pinned and wont come off but will wiggle some.

This don't make since that it was unusable, there is no special magic happening when the factory glues it in. A good bonding agent and will be good as new.

If the bat felt like garbage there was something else wrong with it, cause the knob has bearing on performance. Maybe weights shifted in it or something.

exactly! Its a knob....unless you are hitting the ball with the knob because your swing is terrible.....lol....the knob does nothing to affect the "ball on barrel" collision. You may just have an internal wall crack on your bat but not showing any signs of stress on the outer shell.

jhitman

Miken said they could try to fix the knob, but no guarantees. I tried to super glue it on and it came back off on my 2nd swing. I use the overlap grip so I might put a little more pressure/torque on the knob than someone using a conventional grip. Either way, it's very disappointing that this bat is in perfect condition and the knob is what is preventing me from using it. I've swung with this grip for 12 years and it's never happened to me with any other bat....truly disappointed in Miken with regards to this bat.

Ballisttic

Star Player
Miken said they could try to fix the knob, but no guarantees. I tried to super glue it on and it came back off on my 2nd swing. I use the overlap grip so I might put a little more pressure/torque on the knob than someone using a conventional grip. Either way, it's very disappointing that this bat is in perfect condition and the knob is what is preventing me from using it. I've swung with this grip for 12 years and it's never happened to me with any other bat....truly disappointed in Miken with regards to this bat.

Use the black or white 3m marine epoxy. manufacturers use the black but the white drys faster.

or/and drill a small hole in it and pin it just the like the black knobs.

Last edited:

IMD28

The Veteran
2 part marine epoxy and you shouldn't have any more issues. I had it happen to a 4TF and this solved the issue. It is quite common with that year for Miken.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans

If the bat felt like garbage there was something else wrong with it, cause the knob has no bearing on performance. Maybe weights shifted in it or something.

Bat was perfectly fine until the knob broke off. I used Epoxy to put it back on, and the bat felt and sounded terrible after it was fixed. No idea how a broken knob would affect a bat, but it did. It makes zero sense, but that is what happened to the bat.

had mine come off on saturday for the 3rd time...finally found out what JB Weld is and plan on using that today instead of Gorrila glue again...even with the knob issues the red knob DC41 is the only bat i want to swing