Miken DC41 Red Knob?

NyCShadow

Hi all,

I just purchased used bat from someone and the knob seems to have worn off, is there a way to tell if this bat was a reb knob miken dc41 bat? I called Miken and they said they needed the serial number to tell me the weight of the bat (the person who i bought it from said it was a 26oz and the knob was red originally before it wore off) but I am currently at work so I didnt have that information with me. Just didnt know if there was any other way to tell. The model on the bat shows BTGDCU.

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Is the knob big and made out of aluminum? If paint has rubbed off it you can tell if its metal not plastic. Or is it smaller and made of hard plastic? If lager and aluminum its the og red knob.

NyCShadow

I will double check at home but its big and feels like aluminium not plastic. If that was the case I bought it for $100, I'm assuming that was a good deal on my part with it only having 100 swings in it. I'll post pics of it when I get home in about an hour.

NyCShadow

Ok I just got off the phone with Miken and they verified it is a 26oz bat. It has the aluminum knob and from the previous posts it's an og red knob bat. Thanks for those who helped me figure it out.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,000.8 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    909.7 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    796.3 KB · Views: 111

Z1k05

Star Player
Doesn't look like the stock knob and if the paint did wear off that knob the rest of the bat doesn't reflect the wear or the knob
Was painted

NyCShadow

I took the old black tape off to put on lizard skin tape and the handle towards the knob was red colored, the color that would match the og red knob had it not worn off. Not sure if that means anything or not.

kvander

Addicted to Softballfans
There is not way the red paint would have worn completely off like that, while the barrel is in such great shape. It's either been intentionally worn off (but why?), or it's not the stock knob like Z1k said.

Dogue

Evil Genius
Gotta agree...either that was stripped on purpose or the knob replaced (they did come off sometimes). Normal wear would leave some paint, especially inside where the sticker goes and near where it attaches to the handle. No big deal cause it shouldn't affect the bat, other than some could claim that's now an altered bat.

THESHOE

Starting Player
The only difference between the "OG" red knob and the RI White ones is the EL and knob.

The red knob had that huge hockey puck that liked to fall off and lacked in EL. Was more of a Maxload feel.

The reissue was the better newer knob with pin secured and a full Supermax load.

House00

Slingin' lead!
Maybe whoever epoxied the knob back on sanded it down so the epoxy would bite? It looks nice and smooth like it was sanded down...

And on the topic of knob colors/og or ri, my buddy has 2 ogs, one of which had the red knob fall off. He sent it to Miken for repair and they replaced it with a new style black plastic knob and pin... I guess when all else fails the s/n is the way to tell...

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
The only difference between the "OG" red knob and the RI White ones is the EL and knob.

The red knob had that huge hockey puck that liked to fall off and lacked in EL. Was more of a Maxload feel.

The reissue was the better newer knob with pin secured and a full Supermax load.

The OG performed better IMO

THESHOE

Starting Player
I found no difference in them once all well worked in.

Just preferred and gravitated to the reissues because of the beefier EL on them.

Now swinging the 2016 DC the most. Backup is a Miken Freakshow Supermax which is an exclusive bat up here in Canada. Similar to the reissue DC or 2017 DC imo. 2016 is soft and game ready, whereas 2017 and Freakshow need some TLC first but get every bit as good and likely more durable in the long run.

Goes to show, to each their own.

I think it comes down to the "OG Honeymoon" hype all the time. First time you hit the new bat on the block, it's the most impressive memories. When they make small tweaks and new paint, it has less and less of that effect on you.

The OG performed better IMO

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
My experience is not about the OG vs. Reissue hype. Its just based off of consistent perfomance.

One of the hottest bats all time i've ever had was the 2011 Easton Salvo. I've had a bunch of Salvo's back in the day, but this particular one was on another level.

So i'm sure there are different bats that will be on different levels within models...that was just my experience.

The one thing i will say about my OG Redknob, is that there hasn't been a ball it hasn't killed..

I have learned that I prefer balanced, lighter EL's, and bigger barrels...

I found no difference in them once all well worked in.

Just preferred and gravitated to the reissues because of the beefier EL on them.

Now swinging the 2016 DC the most. Backup is a Miken Freakshow Supermax which is an exclusive bat up here in Canada. Similar to the reissue DC or 2017 DC imo. 2016 is soft and game ready, whereas 2017 and Freakshow need some TLC first but get every bit as good and likely more durable in the long run.

Goes to show, to each their own.

I think it comes down to the "OG Honeymoon" hype all the time. First time you hit the new bat on the block, it's the most impressive memories. When they make small tweaks and new paint, it has less and less of that effect on you.