MIKEN or EASTON

bill13357

Part Time Player
Which one is the hotter bat rolled and ready to go.....Miken FX700 Freak ASA - Supermax or Easton SSR2 Stealth Speed XL Slowpitch Bat.

dr0p

w0cka fl0cka
I prefer the shaved and rolled / painted ultra II to freak 98 conversion.

GTFO and don't alter your bats.

Pretty

Softball is cool
Balanced vs Endload

Agree, BP works wonders. I knew after 6 swings I didn't like the One.12.

BTW thanks for clarifying they are the slowpitch bats.

C-Diddy

Addicted to Softballfans
I would say ssr2 is the way to go for now, my teammates was broken in after about a 100 or so bp swings, and all the reviews I have ever seen have been great. That being said the new miken looks great and if the bp video on kelly's is any proof it sounds good and they seem to be hittin well with it. But until more people have swung it , it seems like a safer bet to go ssr2.

elmorage

Addicted to Softballfans
wow, didn't realize the train i was jumping on. i was looking for responses to the ssr vs fx700 question, with no interest in rolling.

can we move past dumping on the OP and discuss the un-altered versions of the bats?

bigdd13

Addicted to Softballfans
chances are not most of the guys including me have swung the new Miken. That being said the ssr2 is nice but I liked the SRV4 better than the SSR2 but Im a Miken guy so id buy the Miken.

eviltangents

fair enough.. can we at least dump on the OP, AND discuss the two bats at the same time?

I think OP's ducked out of dodge by now, so dumping on him is no fun now. As for discussing the bats in question, I've got nothing. (I've only swung pre-abi sticks so far.)

ss_jmac

Addicted to Softballfans
Miken's suck

They went from the best early in 2000's to the worst 10-12 years later.

Usssa bats are okay but thier asa stash sucks

IMO

Their utrip bats are the best and I'm sure their new Asa bats are heading in the right direction. What do you swing?

elmorage

Addicted to Softballfans
ive had an original freak for the last 5 years that has now been banned by my league. now it is asa approved only, i was locked into the ssr2 and then stumbled on some buzz for the new miken.

hard to compare a bat that has been out for a year with one out for 5 days

ss_stud

Addicted to Softballfans
i started a thread about an altered bat and got an infraction....ts better get one too lol

the ssr2 is a good stick

srv3 is better

srv4 is a bit behind

i doubt any1 knows much about the new miken no1 will have a broken in one yet

jaburles7

Addicted to Softballfans
The SSR2 is as good as the ratings say. It only took about 200 hits for mine to open up and me and another guy on my team have hit some 350' shots with it. I play both Utrip and ASA and the SSR2 out hits some of my Utrip bats. As for the Miken I havent swung it.