miken or worth???

lil_302

BP HITTER
Don't play much usssa but going to start playing alot more. What are people opinions miken or worth for new line. I see alot of mikens cracking with low hits.

Masher816

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't play much usssa but going to start playing alot more. What are people opinions miken or worth for new line. I see alot of mikens cracking with low hits.
I've not hit any of the new Legits, but have hit the 2015 Hall220 5.0 2 piece and 1 piece both, and they were very smooth. They were both 27oz, but swung like a 26 or 25.5, which is way too light for me. I typically swing 28 in everything but miken maxloads, which always feel like they swing about an oz heavier to me.

The JH felt great, I liked the 2 piece better, but that may be because it was broken in well and the 1 piece was at under 50 cuts. My only problem with both bats was, they didnt feel like gamers. Never could get the ball in the air, but I was able to hit seeds all over the yard.

I have owned nearly every DC41 since the 2013 1.20 stamp change, and I've not been disappointed yet. Out of the wrapper, the 2016 DC41 was so hot that it instantly became my gamer...I loved the feel so much, that I bought the ASA version as well. Cant say enough good things about it.

This forum has a ton of great players and people who want to help...that said, there are many people with biases like me (I've loved Miken since buying my first ASA/USSSA Recoil combo pack online) and will always favor a certain brand, possibly without even realizing it. So, get on your local FB group for softball in your area and see if anyone has the new legit or DC41/Freak 30 that you can hit with them, and go take some cuts. Only way you'll know you're picking the right one is to try them both.

Bombdropper10

Addicted to Softballfans
I had last year's dc41 and ressy legit. Both were gamers for me. The ressy busted earlier this year an I got the new fulk as a replacement an it was the hottest bat out of the wrapper I had ever swung. Don't know about durability yet as it only has about 200 on it. Loved It so much tho that I bought a new one. That being said Miken or worth u can't go wrong with.

Masher816

Addicted to Softballfans
I had last year's dc41 and ressy legit. Both were gamers for me. The ressy busted earlier this year an I got the new fulk as a replacement an it was the hottest bat out of the wrapper I had ever swung. Don't know about durability yet as it only has about 200 on it. Loved It so much tho that I bought a new one. That being said Miken or worth u can't go wrong with.

I've not hit the new Fulk, but heard it's fire.

Have you hit the '16 Utrip DC41? Hotter than the 15 IMO.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I've swung a few utrip Worth's, and settled on the Fulk..........it's a 27oz with probably 700 hits on it, no signs of slowing down.

I also have a freak 30.......it feels good too! Just slightly less EL...it's a 27oz too.

I am gaming the Fulk this year, with the freak as a slump buster. Simply cause I am more consistent with the Fulk. Like said above, you can't really go wrong.......do you like balanced or EL? 12/12.5" barrel or 13.5"/14"? slight EL, or full EL?

Those answers should get you pretty close....

slomaro

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah just pick which ever color weight and barrel length you want . Same bats same patent numbers . Rawlings owns them both

THESHOE

Starting Player
Except EL's are different.

Fulk is a 1oz load.

F30 is a 1/2oz load like the Freak 12 was.

But yes very very similar and performance is equal.

Freak Black = Hall Long barrel

F30 = Hall short barrel Lite

Fulk is the only short barrel with full ounce load.

DC41 = Ressy Legit

Freak Bal = Connell Legit

1pc is just a dumb choice LOL

Same company, same bats. Fulk is a Freak 30.