Not GTG Mikenmanic01

gratz71

Addicted to Softballfans
I traded my Z2000 for a J3a with papers, problem is that the J3a showed up to my house and was is horrible shape and had no receipt. I have tried to contact this guy by the phone number he gave me but he will not respond to texts or calls. I did a search here on SBF for the name he gave me which was Ron Daniels and he lives in PA. Looks like I'm not the only one who he has screwed over. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

thaynes

Was this deal not done on sbf? Checking feedback should be in a tutorial along with search function and taking pictures before you can access anything on here

gratz71

Addicted to Softballfans
I put my phone number in original post so he never contacted me directly through SBF. I don't have the pics that he sent me guess I deleted them. But from the research I have done looks like dude goes by Ron Daniels/Larry Johnson/Jaime Johnson and his address is 218 north 12th st sunbury pa 17801. I believe the screen name he was using at the time of our deal was Mikenmaniac01.

scott.MI

The Veteran
Mikenmanic01 - Last Online: 09-06-2013 08:09 AM

NateC - Last Online: 12-07-2013 05:56 PM

Would I be wrong to say, if it is Mr. Daniels or Mr. Johnson he must be using a different screen name? How could he see the sellers trader listing and phone number otherwise?

EDIT** How long ago did all this happen? I see your trade post was made back in October.

Last edited:

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Was this deal not done on sbf? Checking feedback should be in a tutorial along with search function and taking pictures before you can access anything on here

Along with not posting your phone # in the first post (that everyone, including non-members, can see) and not initiating and/or completing the deal via PM on the board.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Good luck with this. A hard lesson to learn possibly. I am kinda shocked he actually sent you a bat though so you are kinda lucky in that regard.

gratz71

Addicted to Softballfans
(570) 486-3821

This is the number he contacted me from....definitely a lesson learned but the bat I received is in horrible shape.
Deal was done Oct 10th

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Why did it take 2-1/2 months to get to this point? Not trying to **** on you after a possible bad deal, but damn you are making it hard to help here. You have had the bat for that long so any pics aren't exactly beneficial. Whole lotta grey area now. He has had numerous problems, but if you don't follow the sites guidelines then you open yourself up to get screwed and left in the wind.

howwedo16

Addicted to Softballfans
Gots to do your research sir. Search I-trader and the old feedback system both! You should always get a PM from any member before texts, just to make sure they are a member and who they say they are. I hope you can get this figured out. Busta move for this douche, especially around this time of year. Good luck sir.

gratz71

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea I know it's been awhile but he was texting me saying the receipt was lost then he found it...just kept giving me the run around and finally quit responding on Dec 15th...I know it's been awhile and should have done something earlier but I didn't...just mainly wanted to warn people about him and see if there was anything I could do....thanks for the responses!!

scott.MI

The Veteran
I believe the screen name he was using at the time of our deal was Mikenmaniac01.
Why do you believe this? Did you ask or did he ever specifically say? Ron Daniels and that address have most recently been used by user NateC. (But many suspect both users are the same person and Ron Daniels is a false identity he's using.)

Doesn't really matter who he "said" he was since he didn't send PM from the account...that address is already likely linked to a known scammer, and your not gonna get anything resolved...Sorry

gratz71

Addicted to Softballfans
No I have had the bat since mid october....but the bat was not like he described or like the pics he sent...had no grip and outer casing of bat was peeled off.....now if it would have came with a receipt like it was supposed to then I wouldn't have been so mad but now I'm stuck with a crappy bat with no receipt...he kept telling me he was sending receipt and then something would happen and I was giving him the benefit of the doubt....but no he won't respond...and at that point I realized I was screwed!!

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
No I have had the bat since mid october....but the bat was not like he described or like the pics he sent...had no grip and outer casing of bat was peeled off.....now if it would have came with a receipt like it was supposed to then I wouldn't have been so mad but now I'm stuck with a crappy bat with no receipt...he kept telling me he was sending receipt and then something would happen and I was giving him the benefit of the doubt....but no he won't respond...and at that point I realized I was screwed!!

The outter casing? You mean the wrapper? Was the bat described as new in wrapper? Did he replace the stock grip with tape?

gratz71

Addicted to Softballfans
image_zps3a0178de.jpg

wiggie7

Addicted to Softballfans
Yikes. That thing looks terrible. As said above, I doubt this would get resolved unfortunately. Just be careful who u deal with and review the multiple ways to record feedback

tuells10

hitting slow rollers to the pitcher is my game
I list my number all the time but I also ask whoever is making the deal with me to pm me or I'll pm them to make sure they are who they say they are

2nQ19

Manager
Figured Id give a little new info on this guy. I made a deal to buy an scx3 off him for $175 and am supposed to meet him at 8am today down the street from my house. We made the deal on bigboy.com and he is using the name pinky on there. When he told me the town he lived in and then the team he plays for i started wondering so I checked his teams roster on the utrip site. Big surprise there is a james johnson listed on the team. I then checked the phone numbers since we had been texting and they didnt match but I noticed the email he used to send me pics from is [email protected]. He used the same 2203 that he used in the redsoxfan2203 email account. So this guy is using a new email account and his new phone number is 570-486-3821. He is playing for an E team in Pa called fullspeed.