Military Softball

jtquest

Manager
Semper Fi, to ALL you Warriors...

Here are some of the Military Worlds Series that I know of in the South-East Region & Vegas, do you know of any others?

AUGUST
15-18th USSSA Military Worlds Series, Frank Brown Complex, Panama City, FL

OCTOBER
4-6th AWS Worlds Series, Savannah, GA
11-13th NSA Worlds Series, South Commons Complex, Columbus, GA
19th ISA Military Worlds Series, Westgate Softball Complex, Dothan, AL

December
7th-9th AWS Worlds Series, Big League Dreams, Las Vegas, NV

Last edited:

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey are there any military teams in the Boise/Mtn Home area that go to the Military Qualifiers & Worlds?

jtquest

Manager
HrBump, As long as I been playing (20 years +) I have never seen or heard of a Team from Boise Mountains Idaho participate in the Military Tournament.

Hey are there any military teams in the Boise/Mtn Home area that go to the Military Qualifiers & Worlds?

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
Good competition yesterday in PC. JNJ, Docs, Commandos where hitting it pretty good yesterday.
Who finally won it last night ?

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
Good competition yesterday in PC. JNJ, Docs, Commandos where hitting it pretty good yesterday.
Who finally won it last night ?

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
That's the same thing I said, but Jeff Miller said he confirmed they were all from Hurbolt. Not sure why they dropped down.

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
What's even crazier is since we came in second in B he gave me 10 xl dri-fit shirts and said I would have to wait for some Navy t-shirts for the rest of my guys.

Got to love military ball. $275-350 entry fee, B teams play A teams (no fault to A) and usually the A teams wins with the B teams fighting for 3-4th places and receiving blah.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention there was a Civilian D tournament there also for $225 entry fee and the 1st-4th places receiving trophies and shirts.

These directors do military ball so wrong it's pathetic.

I wonder what the world packages will be this year? First place- Pullovers and a trophy, Second Place t-shirt and a trophy, third place a box of balls...lol

shane9572

Addicted to Softballfans
Any military ball players gonna be in the Kansas City area end of July?? Military Tournament at Mid America Sports complex

JMIN10

Addicted to Softballfans
shane send me some info. I will try to get a team together from OFFUTT. Depending on the date i wont be able to play but I can try to put out the word. No promises.

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
that's all we want at Kirtland but this guy spits so much bs about why we can't be on the field...grub worms, reseeding the field (in the dead of winter), you might steal the bases, you guys aren't from one squadron, yada yada yada...pray you guys never get Steve Bowlin as you AD at your installation

Just take your show off base... so many fields NOT being used on Saturdays (Los Altos, Vietnam Vets, Bullhead...I think Barela's/Railroad is the only one that is actually locked up).

drpnbmbs

At the gym
Last I heard there will be screens used in A ball at Worlds. Its a shame though it takes away from the game. Either learn to field the middle or get off the rubber.

jOeyb00

Addicted to Softballfans
Last I heard there will be screens used in A ball at Worlds. Its a shame though it takes away from the game. Either learn to field the middle or get off the rubber.

That is a true statement. That is happening and it will suck

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
Heard they might up the Home runs to 12 and use stadium balls. Looks like a HR contest. I would rather it go to softer ball no screen. Might as well get a team of
6'5" guys 350lbs to play all positions since you know it will be either a HR or fly out with an hour to catch it. Heck I might go with a 7 man outfield, no catcher (ump will throw it back) ghost man at 1B, floater 5 man and 2nd (That will be my 120 lb guy) and my pitcher will be the over 70's MVP since he has the screen... NOW THATS SOME FUNNY S...!!!!

Aztecas #7

Addicted to Softballfans
Hello - I'm a former Marine but work at the post office knw and we have a annual postal softball tournament every year. The last few years we started allowing corporate teams wanted to extend the invite to Military teams. It's Memorial Day weekend (sun/mon) every year and this year it's in Arlington, TX. Look at www.40thpostaltourney.com if you have any questions.. FB page is 40th Postal State Softball Tournament.

Would any Texas, Louisiana or Oklahoma teams be interested? If so be sure to text/email me all the info is on the website. Thx for reading

Semper Fi

DaIrishman

Shut Up And Play
With the screen in play, what happens when a ball from the outfield hits the screen? Is it s dead ball or is the ball still in play?

44oki

Hillbilly
With the screen in play, what happens when a ball from the outfield hits the screen? Is it s dead ball or is the ball still in play?

Still in play. Pitchers started knocking them over if there was a chance for a throw home to give the throw a chance. At bat it's a foul unless you got 2 strikes then you're out.