Military Softball

DaIrishman

Shut Up And Play
Agreed it is something you work towards but the complex with 7 turf fields and location are outstanding. not to mention the prize packages
1st Place: MILITARY CUP TRAVEL TROPHY, World Championship Trophy, 12 Custom Rings, 2 Worth Bats, 15 Pullovers, 15 Dry Fits, 4 All World Selections, 1 MVP Award, PAID Entry to the WSL Championships in Panama City Beach, FL in September - Men’s Class Elite or “C”. PAID entry to next years WSL Military Worlds with the return of the travel trophy.
2nd Place: Team Trophy, 2 Worth Bats, 15 Dry Fits, 15 Batting Gloves, 3 All World Selections, 1 ODP
3rd Place: Team Trophy, 1 Worth Bat, 15 Dry Fits, 15 WSL Hats, 2 All World Selections
4th Place: 1 Worth Bat, 15 WSL Hats, 1 All World Selection

so JTF is the new SMASHMOUTH, I take it LOL

BTW any word on the bats or am I SOL?

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Agreed it is something you work towards but the complex with 7 turf fields and location are outstanding. not to mention the prize packages
1st Place: MILITARY CUP TRAVEL TROPHY, World Championship Trophy, 12 Custom Rings, 2 Worth Bats, 15 Pullovers, 15 Dry Fits, 4 All World Selections, 1 MVP Award, PAID Entry to the WSL Championships in Panama City Beach, FL in September - Men’s Class Elite or “C”. PAID entry to next years WSL Military Worlds with the return of the travel trophy.
2nd Place: Team Trophy, 2 Worth Bats, 15 Dry Fits, 15 Batting Gloves, 3 All World Selections, 1 ODP
3rd Place: Team Trophy, 1 Worth Bat, 15 Dry Fits, 15 WSL Hats, 2 All World Selections
4th Place: 1 Worth Bat, 15 WSL Hats, 1 All World Selection

^^^definitely sounds legit! Do they use that stupid screen?

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
I know its really late to be asking this but did any team receive their rings from the military world tournament from October in Savannah?

Big Moult#24

Addicted to Softballfans
Yup served 14 years and got PTS and never had an eval under a 4.2 and I had to get out what a pile of sh__. I used to pitch for the horseman in military A thanks to Elvis and Brian Hicks. I currently play B for the hurricanes out of may port Florida but only in tournaments out in town for Duke. I'm pissed that I can't play and when I have a JnJ coach tell Duke that Im not allowed to play A or B in a Florida military state tourney because I'm a dd-214 holder is absolute BS and it was a mixed A/B tourney and JNJ was still A at the time. Doc who is the commissioner here in Florida said that I'm not allowed to play in either A or B because he said so lol wtf. You have DoD civilians playing who never served a day and I served 14 years of honorable service are you kidding me.

Last edited:

Big Moult#24

Addicted to Softballfans
Damn Will Read your still on this site. Talked to some people and trying to get with JTF southeast in Ga along with Campos.

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
This thread has been a bit dead. So anyone play in the all world sports tournament in Savannah in october and win it all? If so, did you get your rings? Also, are they going to make things right for the USSSA world tournament from last year? We could have played overnight or something because those fields in PCB drain pretty well.

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
PCB was a wash. They (the city) was not going to allow it to happen. I wonder why with all that rain PCB has not converted to Turf.

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
I placed an ad in the free agent section but I'll place one here too. I'm looking to either join up with a team for the world tournament or if I can get 12 committed guys to play, i would like to form a team to play somewhere in the southeast, preferably Georgia and then play in the world tournament. Just looking to have fun. What's the worst that can happen, go 3 and out? Actually no, the worst that can happen is the tournament could get rained out and no one plays.
I'm basically looking to go down there and have fun, everyone gets to play, and the lineup and probably the positions get switched around so that everyone gets a fair shot. If I can get a dozen guys or at least 10 including myself with at least a solid shortstop, solid 3rd baseman, great pitcher, and outstanding left field and left center, I would like to go forward.
I want to run a bs free team where everyone has a good time with winning being a second priority, afterall, going in expecting to win is setting yourself up for failure since only one team can win it all. The only thing I expect is for guys to go in taking it seriously meaning be prepared to get plenty of practice in between playing.

sc00tereh307

Addicted to Softballfans
uhmmm i'm confused there sofballin, you want to just have fun but be serious and practice a lot. you want to rotate players around but want half the positions to be solid players. you don't expect to win but expect a GREAT pitcher to join your squad.:confused:

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
uhmmm i'm confused there sofballin, you want to just have fun but be serious and practice a lot. you want to rotate players around but want half the positions to be solid players. you don't expect to win but expect a GREAT pitcher to join your squad.:confused:

I just wouldn't want to go there and get blown out, if we win, we win, it just wouldn't be the highest priority. The odds of winning it are low considering the amount of teams. On a side note, did anyone get their rings or hear back from the all world sports tournament back in October in Savannah?

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
Does anyone know what the format is going to be for Varsity A at military worlds yet........3GG, 4GG, 5GG with pool play into double elim??? I see that three teams have already entered. Surprised to see Bragg playing B. They looked solid a couple years ago and thought they would stay in A. Varsity A will be very competitive this year, which is a great thing. Makes it more interesting not knowing who the top 3 teams are going to be.

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
Who all is going to SSAA Worlds in Florence, 26-27 Jul?

Better yet, you is planning on making the trip to USSSA, in PC?

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Who all is going to SSAA Worlds in Florence, 26-27 Jul?

Better yet, you is planning on making the trip to USSSA, in PC?

Is the PCB tourney dying???
Will there still be a lot of teams or are most getting turned off with the rain in recent years?
Is it still worth it to try to go there?????

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
If USSSA is dying, then what organization will step up and provide a good Military Program?

ASA- Not

GSL- Not

WSL- Has the foot-print throughout the US to make it happen, but will they

ISA- Not

SSAA- Not

NSA- should, but are they out west to give the west coast teams some love?

I might have missed an association here or there, but the bottom line is USSSA has the widest footprint. I agree it should be moved to an area with a better historical weather outlook in Aug. Dallas Tx sounds like the best spot. But the truth is the amount of teams will drastically be reduced because east coast teams are spoiled and there is minimal if any support from the bases to support teams. BLUF!!!

Weather in the Southeast has been spot on all year long. Weekends have been perfect for Softball. I suspect it will be so in PC. But who knows??

Bandaid was a blast in Colorado with pretty darn good weather that weekend. However, the weekend before it was cold and crappy. Luck of the draw.......

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
We're on the East Coast and PCB isn't all that cheap to fly to compared to anywhere else. It is a nice location to play ball if the weather is nice though.

curse21

Addicted to Softballfans
We're on the East Coast and PCB isn't all that cheap to fly to compared to anywhere else. It is a nice location to play ball if the weather is nice though.

I live in maryland and round trip, non stop flight from BWI to Panama city beach is 280.00 That is pretty cheap for round trip non stop..

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I live in maryland and round trip, non stop flight from BWI to Panama city beach is 280.00 That is pretty cheap for round trip non stop..

We fly from Philly and it wouldn't really cost us any more to fly to Dallas, Denver or Reno than it does PCB was my point.

I guess PCB offers the most drivable location for the most number of teams maybe? I don't know....but we're not "spoiled" by having it at PCB was what I was getting at.

In any event, we're trying to make the trip again this year and hoping it doesn't get rained out again. Hopefully we'll have enough guys to go.

curse21

Addicted to Softballfans
We fly from Philly and it wouldn't really cost us any more to fly to Dallas, Denver or Reno than it does PCB was my point.

I guess PCB offers the most drivable location for the most number of teams maybe? I don't know....but we're not "spoiled" by having it at PCB was what I was getting at.

In any event, we're trying to make the trip again this year and hoping it doesn't get rained out again. Hopefully we'll have enough guys to go.

The bigger question is when are they holding new jersey states again??? we havent heard anything yet... LOL

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
The bigger question is when are they holding new jersey states again??? we havent heard anything yet... LOL

Yeah man last I heard he was having some difficulties getting those fields reserved.

We have a new 3 field complex here on MDL, but this base is less than enthusiastic about softball. I tried last year and this year without success. I gave him the contact info here thinking maybe he'd have better luck but I don't think he did.

Looks like he's probably going to try to do something Sep 6.

curse21

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah man last I heard he was having some difficulties getting those fields reserved.

We have a new 3 field complex here on MDL, but this base is less than enthusiastic about softball. I tried last year and this year without success. I gave him the contact info here thinking maybe he'd have better luck but I don't think he did.

Looks like he's probably going to try to do something Sep 6.

WOW that is crazy. you would think with new fields that the base would want teams to show up and play. hell they can even charge us, we just want to play plus the points help everyone who travels to worlds

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
WOW that is crazy. you would think with new fields that the base would want teams to show up and play. hell they can even charge us, we just want to play plus the points help everyone who travels to worlds

Points...what are those? LOL

Yeah I tried to run a pre-season intramural tourney here to help support the "varsity" team and they wouldn't allow it. Actually said "nobody is getting on the fields before we do." I said, you do realize the "we" you're talking about are the same people right (intramural teams)? I didn't ask for anything but field use and the bases either.

Maybe they're embarrassed since they royally screwed the fields up. One field is 275' to LF.....another is 275' to RF.....and the only 300' symmetrical field can't be used b/c it's too close to the driving range and is littered with golf balls.