Military Team in Columbia, SC

devildoc

Extra Hitter
Hello I just recently moved here and am just seeing if there is any interest in starting a Military team here in Columbia, SC. When I was in New Orleans we had started one and we traveled to play in a few tournaments. This all led up to Military Worlds which is hosted in Panama City or Orlando last time I checked. We would play Military Varsity B class in USSSA Organization. I would be Looking to play our first tournament possibly JUN 17 2011 in Dallas, GA. Anyone that is interested must be either Active duty, Reserve, Retired or have some type of DOD ID Card. All Branches of services are welcome. This would be a competitive team and would like to play once or twice a month. I know all our schedules are different and tight but I would also like to at least get together once a week and start hitting and etc. So that we can get some Chemistry. I would like to hold tryouts. And would possibly like to have an 18 man roster. If anyone is interested you can reach me at 803 404 8360 or by email at [email protected]. Hope to hear from some people.

toad7

Addicted to Softballfans
we have a team out at Shaw in sumter. i know one or two up at Ft. Jackson that play i could probably put you in touch with. Not sure if we could pick you up unless your servicing MPF is at Shaw. Our coach is on a little "vacation" until mid may....so i cant say for sure.Don't see a problem if you wanna come down and hit sometime tho. LMK

toad7

Addicted to Softballfans
That may be up in the air this year. JNJ didn't play A and i think they have 1 or 2. I believe it was protested and nothing. not 100% on that tho

44oki

Hillbilly
That may be up in the air this year. JNJ didn't play A and i think they have 1 or 2. I believe it was protested and nothing. not 100% on that tho

There's always going to be a debate until they go with ID/CAC holders, anyone can get a contracting ID. But them the rules, I know Moody or whatever we're called now was moving up this year since we were picking guys up from Warner Robins and Jax. I'm deployed so I get no ball this year:(

toad7

Addicted to Softballfans
deployments suck bro. i know a couple guys over there at moody and warner robbins.

devildoc

Extra Hitter
Yea let me know whatever works works if u know a few people that play at ft jackson if u can get them in touch with me I used to play with who dat military team out of louisana but when I played for them they were know as afs so any info would be great thanks a lot